Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Having lunch at non-Scengen lounge right now. One of the very nice staff members previously working at Premium side is now on duty herehere we chichatted for a while. She told the renovationr will probably still take quite alot of time due to some unforseen problems (moisture in the structures or something like that) and we are prob talking of months.
If we are talking about months, there is one best solution for AY - it cannot influence the capacity and overcrowding too much, but it can definitely step up the offerings. Pull out the former Premium Lounge bar bottles, make sure the food is better than it used to be, and I believe it would serve as a nice compromise. Not sure about the situation about sauna and showers - are those already working, or is their opening tight to the Platinum Wing?
I know the consumption of higher quality drinks may cost quite a lot, but it's not us who is on fault in this project management. Take responsibility, AY! Thanks.
jp_fin likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Really? They do it all the time in QR F, too bad you missed it
Don't turn the knife in the wound...

On the bright side, all 3 segments posted in 8 days (the MH one in 2 days!), so I'm happy. Also, the reroute resulted in about 300p more, so what more oe could ask for?
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by on22cz
Not sure about the situation about sauna and showers - are those already working, or is their opening tight to the Platinum Wing?
Per my post above, showers NOT available in the non-Schengen Business Lounge as of Mar-30 and difficult to see where these would be provisioned without the Premium Lounge being available.

Regards,

BD
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Bdsm
My trolling software tells me to reiterate to you that they do not care about your loyalty.
It's called wetware.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
Experience in lounge

Originally Posted by BD1959
Per my post above, showers NOT available in the non-Schengen Business Lounge as of Mar-30 and difficult to see where these would be provisioned without the Premium Lounge being available.

Regards,

BD
as of April 10 no showers. This lounge has a nice open feel. Food and snacks are ok. Staff are friendly.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The food in the non-Schengen lounge is still a disgrace. At 7 pm, they serve primary school style maccaroni casserole with virtually no minced meat, cream potatoes and vegetable patties. Those potatoes are worthless as a side since the main item is missing. What's their excuse now that the kitchen is supposed to be open?
remymartin, cistavoda and jokines like this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by ffay005
The food in the non-Schengen lounge is still a disgrace. At 7 pm, they serve primary school style maccaroni casserole with virtually no minced meat, cream potatoes and vegetable patties. Those potatoes are worthless as a side since the main item is missing. What's their excuse now that the kitchen is supposed to be open?
This was also on the menu at lunch time (12pm) in the Schengen lounge on Saturday. Overall a terrible combo. No meat in the macaroni casserole and vegetable patties were pretty terrible.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The non-Schengen lounge is hopeless during the afternoon peak time. Finding even a free single seat is a mission impossible. Based on feedback from the lounge agent, the Platinum Wing will not open in immediate future, as contruction work is still very much ongoing. I opted to wait in the public space instead of the over crowded lounge, It was actually quite nice to sit in the new "Aukio" hall.
remymartin likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Me Manner

Originally Posted by Bdsm
I for one have not given them a penny under Mr Manner this year.
Waiting them to get the Premium Lounge open and will read reports first before anything else.
I sure hope these rumours about the new CEOs cost savings policy are not true. I am not claiming that I understand everything about airline industry but I would assume that getting a bad reputation does not serve anyones interest.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Originally Posted by on22cz
If we are talking about months, there is one best solution for AY - it cannot influence the capacity and overcrowding too much, but it can definitely step up the offerings. Pull out the former Premium Lounge bar bottles, make sure the food is better than it used to be, and I believe it would serve as a nice compromise. Not sure about the situation about sauna and showers - are those already working, or is their opening tight to the Platinum Wing?
I know the consumption of higher quality drinks may cost quite a lot, but it's not us who is on fault in this project management. Take responsibility, AY! Thanks.
Agreeing here. The food is so crappy that there is no excuse. They could easily do better. The lousy salads and work cafeteria catering is not the way to go. Plus the tables stay messy very long time after people leave. Disgusting to watch the leftovers pile up on tables.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by SuloL
This was also on the menu at lunch time (12pm) in the Schengen lounge on Saturday. Overall a terrible combo. No meat in the macaroni casserole and vegetable patties were pretty terrible.
Same experiene today early afternoon. The positive surprise was the home-baked bread, which one of the lounge attendants kept advertising. Very tasty. And with home baked, she mentioned that this really meant home baked rather than frozen dough tossed into the oven.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:06 am
R2

Originally Posted by Trav1970
Same experiene today early afternoon. The positive surprise was the home-baked bread, which one of the lounge attendants kept advertising. Very tasty. And with home baked, she mentioned that this really meant home baked rather than frozen dough tossed into the oven.
I can't help getting very cynical whenever a big company is serving 'home baked' anything to masses. I mean whose home was it baked in? The lounge attendant's? How much does AY/Fazer pay her for bringing in bread for 500 people everyday to work? Don't get me wrong it's great if they serve tasty fresh bread but 'home baked', I have my doubts.

Last edited by R2; Apr 22, 2019 at 7:12 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by R2
I can't help getting very cynical whenever a big company is serving 'home baked' anything to masses. I mean whose home was it baked in? The lounge attendant's? How much does AY/Fazer pay her for bringing in bread for 500 people everyday to work? Don't get me wrong it's great if they serve tasty fresh bread but 'home baked', I have my doubts.
My bad. Actually, the term that was used was "baked here this morning", not "home baked".
Old Apr 22, 2019, 7:29 am
R2

Ah ok, no worries. On TK business class a couple of months ago I was served a dessert cake which looked and tasted as industrial as they come but it had a prominent 'Home baked' branding on it. The menu card also presented it as home baked. It was so blatantly obvious that the 'home' where it was baked was the huge industrial catering kitchen TK uses at IST.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
I think it is just a translation/branding thing, obviously Fazer has set up their own mini-bakery at the lounge (or in generally at Finnair kitchen) and truly might actually make the bread from scratch at the airport vs. Ovening the frozen dough. Many larger supermarkets have their own fazer bakery, so why not HEL, also serving the airport in general?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.