Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
When you reach 200.000 tier points within a tracking period. you will receive what we call a milestone gift. After this, you will receive a gift when you reach each 100.000 points level.

In May 2022:
200.000 receives 40.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
300.000 receives 60.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
400.000 receives 100.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
500.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
600.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
700.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
800.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
900.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
1 Million wait for it! receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
So, safe to assume this goes on indefinitely.

Print Wikipost

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
I had to (again) ask for a milestone bonus, this time 300k. PlatsApp said that milestone bonuses are "only for Lumo members" but after contacting "the other department" the award appeared overnight.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
PlatsApp said that milestone bonuses are "only for Lumo members"
Of course they did...

What I love most is the confidence they have in their responses.
r2d2 and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 4:42 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Being a Rimowa guy for 20 years I seriously tried to do one trip with the Lumotumi, just to get a proper feel. I failed. Opened it up, looked at it for 2 mins.. closed it, back into its shipping box and again in the garage collecting dust. It’s just overall not up to the Rimowas, feels like a toy in comparison. Aluminium AY Rimowas for me as long they hold and they do seem to hold and age well.
miamiflyer8 and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Being a Rimowa guy for 20 years I seriously tried to do one trip with the Lumotumi, just to get a proper feel. I failed. Opened it up, looked at it for 2 mins.. closed it, back into its shipping box and again in the garage collecting dust. It’s just overall not up to the Rimowas, feels like a toy in comparison. Aluminium AY Rimowas for me as long they hold and they do seem to hold and age well.
it just weighs too much 😃😃 I wil test my new 1.4kg backpack on my next trip that should do the trick or not 😁😁
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Aluminium AY Rimowas for me as long they hold and they do seem to hold and age well.
Hear, hear! I was very lucky to have been able to exchange my (then) brand new Lumotumi for a mint condition Platrimowa. All my luggage are either generic or airline co-branded (LH & AY) alu Rimowas. Hopefully they’ll hold for another few decades, because I absolutely don’t like what LVMH turned Rimowa into.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 5:15 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My Lumotumi is also in the original shipping box. I unboxed it and realised it is minuscule and therefore of no use to me. Back into the box it went. I don't know what I should do with it. It makes me sad because I waited several months to get it and had planned to use it as my default carry-on.
NoWindowSeat and kauppias like this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 7:27 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I don’t have a Lumo Tumi myself but judging from pictures I’ve seen it really looks like a cheap plastic toy to me, greatly inferior to a two-wheeler alu Rimowa.

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Hear, hear! I was very lucky to have been able to exchange my (then) brand new Lumotumi for a mint condition Platrimowa. All my luggage are either generic or airline co-branded (LH & AY) alu Rimowas. Hopefully they’ll hold for another few decades, because I absolutely don’t like what LVMH turned Rimowa into.
This!
Prices doubled and became a fashion accessory instead of something actually practical for travel. I’m a Briggs & Riley guy.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
My Lumotumi is also in the original shipping box. I unboxed it and realised it is minuscule and therefore of no use to me. Back into the box it went. I don't know what I should do with it. It makes me sad because I waited several months to get it and had planned to use it as my default carry-on.
tori.fi ?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I don’t have a Lumo Tumi myself but judging from pictures I’ve seen it really looks like a cheap plastic toy to me, greatly inferior to a two-wheeler alu Rimowa.

This!
Prices doubled and became a fashion accessory instead of something actually practical for travel.
Exactly! If they wanted to doodle around catering for the more fashion concious folk, they could have introduced a new line and left the proper ones alone
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 8:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I hit 200k tier points. Will the gifts appear in the Finnair Shop? Or will I get an email?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by florens
I hit 200k tier points. Will the gifts appear in the Finnair Shop? Or will I get an email?
If they don‘t appear within a month, ask CS. It has been a long time since they appeared for me the regular way the last time.
florens likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Hey all,

Quick question, is the the tumi bag supposed to be offered to 500k points? I hit 500k but did not have time to check until recently and a tumi bag is not one of the options at 500k
Old Sep 17, 2023, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience
Hey all,

Quick question, is the the tumi bag supposed to be offered to 500k points? I hit 500k but did not have time to check until recently and a tumi bag is not one of the options at 500k
No, it is a gift when you climb from Plat to Lumo.
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by lkrt
No, it is a gift when you climb from Plat to Lumo.
oh...what about when you requalify for Lumo? or would you need to drop to Plat and reclimb up again if you wanted to get a 2nd bag?
Old Sep 17, 2023, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by TravelExperience
oh...what about when you requalify for Lumo? or would you need to drop to Plat and reclimb up again if you wanted to get a 2nd bag?
Yes, no second bag unless you drop to Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.