Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
When you reach 200.000 tier points within a tracking period. you will receive what we call a milestone gift. After this, you will receive a gift when you reach each 100.000 points level.

In May 2022:
200.000 receives 40.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
300.000 receives 60.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
400.000 receives 100.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
500.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
600.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
700.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
800.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
900.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
1 Million wait for it! receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
So, safe to assume this goes on indefinitely.

Print Wikipost

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by lkrt
Yes, no second bag unless you drop to Plat.

Okay got it, thank you very much
Old Sep 18, 2023, 2:10 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I managed to find some AY branded Rimowas, was supposed to stop at one, but got carried away.

Old Sep 18, 2023, 2:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Great collection! How much do people ask for these on average?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
Great collection! How much do people ask for these on average?
I have had asking price up to 1500 (because its Finnair), but generally way more reasonable, like 400-500.

I dont even use these anymore since i found a nice 4 wheeled LH pilot (i find the pilot better suited for me).

Finding AY pilot or 4 wheel in general is virtually impossible. These 2 wheeled (the original plat gift) ones pop up once a month.

Im open to trade one or two of these 2 wheeled ones for some different LH models if anyone is interested (PM).
kauppias likes this.

Last edited by Jorma; Sep 18, 2023 at 3:23 am
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Ah, round logo - I have one with the square version. Which came first, any info?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Round is the first iteration with Finnair’s previous pre-2000 brand identity.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:37 am

Round one was 1999-2000 afaik, the square i have is from 2001.
98293 should be the first 5 of the serial number, after that its year with 4 digits.

The year in serials might have changed at some point when serials were changed from 13 to 15/17 numbers.

Last edited by Jorma; Sep 18, 2023 at 4:43 am
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
I have had asking price up to 1500 (because its Finnair), but generally way more reasonable, like 400-500.

I dont even use these anymore since i found a nice 4 wheeled LH pilot (i find the pilot better suited for me).

Finding AY pilot or 4 wheel in general is virtually impossible. These 2 wheeled (the original plat gift) ones pop up once a month.

Im open to trade one or two of these 2 wheeled ones for some different LH models if anyone is interested (PM).

I have been hunting for the 4wheel pilot for awhile, every now and then I get offered one but at insane prices I allmost bought one at AMS awhile back but ofcpurse without the airline logo honestly not so sure if buying it is even sane 1200€ new
Old Sep 18, 2023, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
I have been hunting for the 4wheel pilot for awhile, every now and then I get offered one but at insane prices I allmost bought one at AMS awhile back but ofcpurse without the airline logo honestly not so sure if buying it is even sane 1200€ new
Yea the 4 wheel pilot is very sought after bag. And LVMH is making sure new supply is very limited. 2 wheels can find very easily, i just think the shape of pilot being wide, will hit heels pulling the 2 wheel along. This is of course proper "mutu".

I got my 4 wheel from active LH pilot, and it wasnt cheap.
kauppias likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Yea the 4 wheel pilot is very sought after bag. And LVMH is making sure new supply is very limited. 2 wheels can find very easily, i just think the shape of pilot being wide, will hit heels pulling the 2 wheel along. This is of course proper "mutu".

I have been offered the ay version but to me it just is not worth that much but I am sure for some it is
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:25 am

Would you happen to have a photo of this sought-after 4-wheel pilot?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by cheesyfeet
Would you happen to have a photo of this sought-after 4-wheel pilot?
Its just basic 4 wheel pilot you can see on Rimowa website, just has LH logo on it and the lining is LH.
There shouldnt be 4 wheeled AY pilots even if you thought that.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Its just basic 4 wheel pilot you can see on Rimowa website, just has LH logo on it and the lining is LH.
There shouldnt be 4 wheeled AY pilots even if you thought that.
I’m also 99,9% sure there never was a 4 wheel rimowa pilot with AY logo, at least not as a Plat gift. I have the 2 wheel AY version which still remains my all time favourite piece of hand luggage . The lumotumituuba doesn’t even compare, it’s below all stanards, just totally useless.
Ed Size likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I’m also 99,9% sure there never was a 4 wheel rimowa pilot with AY logo, at least not as a Plat gift. I have the 2 wheel AY version which still remains my all time favourite piece of hand luggage . The lumotumituuba doesn’t even compare, it’s below all stanards, just totally useless.
Only possibility is that it was an actual pilot, i think they _might_ have had chance ordering AY branded luggage from Rimowa. The large suitcase i have is cabin crew bag and they didnt have Rimowas for all cabin crew at any point.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 9:02 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Only possibility is that it was an actual pilot, i think they _might_ have had chance ordering AY branded luggage from Rimowa. The large suitcase i have is cabin crew bag and they didnt have Rimowas for all cabin crew at any point.
Yes, that’s of course possible but during those years that AY handed rimowas to plats the cabin crew had samsonites, smaller and bigger. I don’t recall ever seen AY pilot with a 4-wheel rimowa but that doesn’t mean there cannot be those around.

Also, the large 4 wheel AY rimowa was not only crew, I have one as well and that was a plat gift in 2007, if I recall correct. Mine is stil going strong and just went through service last year, those beasts can really handle some serious mileage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.