Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY co-branded Diners Club card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Not much choice in The matter ����
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Now updated to Finnish page (unfortunately available only in FI/SE)
"Diners Club -kortit loppuvat Suomessa 31.5.2019. Lisätietoja ja vaihtoehtoja Diners Club -korteille sekä useimmiten kysyttyjä kysymyksiä & vastauksia löydät täältä.
Kansainväliset Diners Club ja Discover-kortit käyvät edelleen maksuvälineinä Pohjoismaissa."

https://dinersclub.fi/yksityiset/ota-yhteytta/diners-club--kortit-loppuvat-suomessa/
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Nope, no "alternatives to Diners Club cards" behind the link. I guess that says it all
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
The optimist in me hopes that Finnair is working proactively on a messaging, providing some alternatives. Maybe one of the influential Lumos could use their channels and ask about any plans?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Nope, no "alternatives to Diners Club cards" behind the link. I guess that says it all
Alternatives (in Finnish) here: https://dinersclub.fi/yksityiset/ota...uvat-suomessa/
Eurocard Gold and Finnair Plus Mastercard.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Eurocard Gold seems to be total waste of breath, AY MC is nothing new, same as has been around for a long while.

Maybe it'll be time to take a serious look at the international € Amex next spring.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I was hoping they would offer a premium mastercard product with a Lounge scheme. Im sure it could be done even if with a annual fee but goid earnings good insurance good lounge access 👍👍
Old Oct 17, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by kauppias
I was hoping they would offer a premium mastercard product with a Lounge scheme. Im sure it could be done even if with a annual fee but goid earnings good insurance good lounge access 👍👍
I would not hold my breath. It is clear that SEB Kort was not interested in the premium customer segment for real. I had the DC Premium card from the beginning when it was launched, and the perks got removed one by one. When it was first introduced, it came with complimentary SK EBG membership and relatively good insurance coverage. Now, I am not even aware of what perks remain. I was about to terminate the premium card this year, but never got around to doing so.
DC Finnair card has been very good. But seriously, if the alternative is Finnair MC, this is not good.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Trav1970
I would not hold my breath. It is clear that SEB Kort was not interested in the premium customer segment for real. I had the DC Premium card from the beginning when it was launched, and the perks got removed one by one. When it was first introduced, it came with complimentary SK EBG membership and relatively good insurance coverage. Now, I am not even aware of what perks remain. I was about to terminate the premium card this year, but never got around to doing so.
DC Finnair card has been very good. But seriously, if the alternative is Finnair MC, this is not good.

Perhaps, one could hope some issuer Would see a market for such a premium card.... I am sure there are people who are willing to pay a premium for a good card with benefits but not the 700€ AX charges....
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by kauppias
Perhaps, one could hope some issuer Would see a market for such a premium card.... I am sure there are people who are willing to pay a premium for a good card with benefits but not the 700€ AX charges....
I'm one of those... Simply cannot justify even for myself the 700€ annual fee for the Amex Plat, but would be willing to spend a reasonable amount of money for a premium card.
Ukki likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, I tried to launch a card to the elites here 3 years ago.
So send me your money and I'll see what I can do
Attached Images  
TTL and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
So send me your money and I'll see what I can do
Is there:free First Class Lounge access around the world and 10x tier points per used 0,10€ ?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Double
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Absolutely!
We even pick you up and take you to airport in one of our private limousines. We guarantee you'll never share a ride!

OH-LGG, SPBanker, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
Absolutely!
We even pick you up and take you to airport in one of our private limousines. We guarantee you'll never share a ride!

Does this limo have front seat removed to provide extra legroom from backseat? IFE functioning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.