Search

Fairmont Chase Signature Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine there would be a problem.
Fully agree. Assuming the dining cert is used for a meal (not just alcohol), I can't see a waiter caring at all about the time of day.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by noobiewildcat

Also, received snail mail about 1.5 weeks ago saying free nights were added. Any recent data points on how long it took to see it on the account?
My 2 free nights showed up online 5-6 days after the letter arrived in the mail.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine there would be a problem.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Fully agree. Assuming the dining cert is used for a meal (not just alcohol), I can't see a waiter caring at all about the time of day.
thanks both. as far as i know, the only restriction is that the dining cert cannot be applied for breakfast, and cannot be used for alcohol or gratuities, right?

it mentions you need to show your membership card when first seated for dining. i dont think i have ever received my physical membership card for Fairmont. can i just recite my membership # to the server?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnomey
thanks both. as far as i know, the only restriction is that the dining cert cannot be applied for breakfast, and cannot be used for alcohol or gratuities, right?
Correct.

it mentions you need to show your membership card when first seated for dining. i dont think i have ever received my physical membership card for Fairmont. can i just recite my membership # to the server?
No need to present the membership card.

I'd recommend bringing a printout of your FPC profile showing your membership # and your available certs.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:53 pm

Correct.

No need to present the membership card.

I'd recommend bringing a printout of your FPC profile showing your membership # and your available certs.
ok great, thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist Caesars Wyndham Diamond, MGM Gold
I applied for this card in Jan and still did not receive any email with my membership number.. Called CSR and they said were flooded with apps and they are not seeing me in the system yet.. I just received a letter that 2 nights were added to my account.. Does the letter have the membership number somewhere so I can signup my account online?

Whats the membership number format? Anyone?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by sowhatwegetdrunk
I applied for this card in Jan and still did not receive any email with my membership number.. Called CSR and they said were flooded with apps and they are not seeing me in the system yet.. I just received a letter that 2 nights were added to my account.. Does the letter have the membership number somewhere so I can signup my account online?

Whats the membership number format? Anyone?
Membership number is a 10 digit number. Mines starts with 3.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
$12k spend getting a free night is no longer called out as a benefit in the linked document. I've sent a secure message to Chase to ask if this benefit is gone as well.

If it's gone, so is my usage of this card.
Finally got word back from secure message today - no change to the $12k spend for a free night.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Finally got word back from secure message today - no change to the $12k spend for a free night.
The only challenge is that the benefit may be discontinued prior to your anniversary date, which is when the free night posts. My anniversary is in the fall, so I mothballed the card until we get closer to my renewal date to see if the free night survives.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
The only challenge is that the benefit may be discontinued prior to your anniversary date, which is when the free night posts. My anniversary is in the fall, so I mothballed the card until we get closer to my renewal date to see if the free night survives.
My anniversary happened ~2 weeks ago, last year the free night posted 6 weeks to the day later. I expect to see my free night for last year's spend post on 3/23 this year.

Totally hear you on the benefit discontinuation, but without knowing I'll probably switch over to putting the $12k on this card for the year once I finish my CSR spend requirement later this week. Figure the worst that can happen is that I have a few more Fairmont points before I cancel (assuming the benefit went away).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM

Wait, the dining cert can't be used for breakfast? What about brunch or lunch?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Whenever I've charged food/alcohol to my room, I've never had issues using the certs upon checkout. Using them at point of sale, different experience.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hiima
Officially, dining certs cannot be used for breakfast (or alcohol), but practically speaking hotels rarely care, especially if you charge your dining bill to your room.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:41 pm

Officially, dining certs cannot be used for breakfast (or alcohol), but practically speaking hotels rarely care, especially if you charge your dining bill to your room.
Fairmont SF definitely cares.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
How about stopping in for lunch and using the certs, do they care about a drink or two?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.