Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:21 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Brendan
Like Nmenaker, I had to re-set my password on the new Fairmont Division of Accor Website. Once I did so, I logged in to see my 2 remaining Vouchers (Suite Upgrade, 1x US$25 food) which are 'Valid exclusively at Fairmonts & Swissotels, as well as my 4 used Vouchers. It also lists me correctly as Silver (Premier + Accor Zero.)
I tried logging in to receive a your account is blocked message. Reset password. I did so and tried logging in again with the same result, even though I did reset my password. Done this three times now and getting kinda annoyed.

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 2, 2018 at 2:26 pm
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: *G
Making some progress...

As an update to my previous despondent post, I did phone the PC Platinum number, got through to a reservation agent quickly, who put me through to Loyalty with the caution that they were very busy, but they answered immediately. A "a knowledgeable assistant" (to quote a previous poster) checked out my concerns, said the missing stay was in the system, which would be updated, that I had qualified for the bonus benefits and that my Accor status was Platinum. I gathered that some accounts had not fully updated yet. Right now on the Accor website, my status is showing as Platinum but there is still that missing stay and no bonus benefits showing.

I was at least heartened by getting through to someone who could see the issues and spoke positively about their being resolved. The good news is that it's still the Fairmont staff at the NB call centre, and I gather that they are now the North America Accor call centre. It remains to be seen whether their being accessible and knowledgeable continues.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
FWIW, after playing with login's and different login locations I noticed the following; When I log into my Le Club AccorHotels login page my Fairmont Platinum status is not reflected in the My Dashboard section. When I login to the Le Club login from the Fairmont web site, with my Fairmont email address and password, my status and certificate information shows. This is also true for my wife who is was Premier and is now Silver. I've also noticed that refreshing the My Dashboard section between different area's of the website helps when you first login. It's probably transition systems pains, but I consistently show the correct information when I preform login from the latter.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 4:45 pm

Question:

Is our guaranteed early checkout and guaranteed late checkout for FPC Plats no longer a benefit as of today? Or does that benefit continue on through 2/28/2019? I'm only talking about at Fairmont hotels, I'm not concerned with other brands.

Assuming we lose that benefit now, I also assume that we would GAIN the benefit of 2 free drinks upon checkin?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
ok, so I managed to login after resetting password, status is platinum, all vouchers are still there...
but where tf are my bookings?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Thumbs down

I logged in and showed up as Classic (i.e. no status) and none of my stays or certificates showing. Great job on the tech transition
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ok, so I managed to login after resetting password, status is platinum, all vouchers are still there...
but where tf are my bookings?
Similar for me. Actually, some of my bookings are there, but others are not. I would have figured in the transition, they would either all copy over, or they'd just mess it up and none of them would be there. They managed to loose some of my reservations, but not all of them. Accor has certainly been living up to their reputation.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:48 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I can barely login and no certs, no status no stay history. Not surprised.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
...Accor has certainly been living up to their reputation.
+1

Before the migration D-Day, I spoke with a FPC Platinum agent and raised my concerns that little preparation was being done with advance notice/confirmation of existing accounts, etc to ensure a fairly smooth account update. I assured everything would go smoothly.

Yesterday, everything shut down on the FPC side. OK, I get it. They need Canada Day to process everything. However, the link the provide forwards to a bag link with Accor. For real.

Today, I login to Le Club Accor and find nothing has changed with my longtime account and it shows Silver. I call the toll-free number and a New Brunswick agent answers, makes excuses such as waiting until 12 noon Eastern and then provides completely false information about the Le Club Accor and Aeroplan promotion that ended June 30. Grrr.

I wait until this afternoon to login again and...Silver status still, so I call. Coincidentally, I get the same Le Club Accor agent who advises that they discovered a duplicate account (not possible) and they created a brand new Le Club Accor account for me. Problem is, my history is under the long-held account as well as a reservation at an Accor property for...tonight. I am advised that they are checking on how to remedy this mess and that they will call the hotel pre-arrival. Nice touch, more FPC-like service, but the bare minimum they could do. Check-in went smoothly, with a small upgrade, so they did call.

A few hours later I received an email activation request attached the newly-created account and lo and behold it shows Le Club Accor Platinum status, the bonus certificates, but missing Fairmont stays. Seriously?

As far as the Le Club Accor and Aeroplan issue, the training on how Accor promotions work (and how they fail) was clearly not done. I had to provide the still-live link to them to review and they at least acknowledged that they need to look into it, but it will take some time.

Fairmont IT had some challenges, but Accor IT continues to amaze me in a bad way.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: Accor Platium, IHG Gold, Marco Polo Green
Incorrect status...

I am Accor Gold and Fairmont Premier member.... supposed to become Platinum, but the system is still showing as my old Gold account, with none of my Fairmont certificates as well....

Called call center Accor today, they assure me that it is system issue and check again later tonight. Missing FPC already...

Fingers crossed when I check again later...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
When I (finally) got through last night, they were still jammed with calls and put in a ticket saying they would come back in 1-2 days. Not holding my breath.

Methinks AccorsHotel is going to lose a broad swath of longtime FPC members on this botched transition alone.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I’m traveling and haven’t bothered to try today, but it seems to me that Accor was grossly unprepared for this mid-year switch. If they couldn’t get their act together to do it properly on time, they really should have waited until year-end.

Last edited by rfrost; Jul 4, 2018 at 2:29 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:12 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
So my call finally came through after 25 minutes of holding.

The agent, without actually checking my account, just told me that I'd receive an email this afternoon with a link with which I'll be able to activate my account. Great.
And for that I was on hold for 25 minutes. Worth it?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Nick Art
So my call finally came through after 25 minutes of holding.

The agent, without actually checking my account, just told me that I'd receive an email this afternoon with a link with which I'll be able to activate my account. Great.
And for that I was on hold for 25 minutes. Worth it?
Hold times are approaching 45 mins or more with this gong show of an account migration.

Another FPC Platinum = Accor Classic issue with a client that needs to be fixed.

Why could they not have tried linking everything months ago to ensure a smoother transition at the very least.

Whomever was in charge of this should be let go.
gcashin likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: AC SE
I took a look back at the last e-mail update from Fairmont (received June 21). Basically, it couldn't be further from the truth:

On July 2, 2018 your Fairmont President’s Club membership will become a Platinum membership in Le Club AccorHotels, the most elite tier in this award-winning programme. We look forward to introducing you to exponentially more destinations and a points program that will give you access to more exclusive luxury travel opportunities than ever before. We’ve taken care of all the details; you don’t need to do a thing.
The e-mail didn't even provide contact info, given that customers "don't need to do a thing." This transition has not been handled well - plenty of accounts not updated properly, no communication on what to do if accounts aren't showing properly, and incredibly long hold times. Not impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.