Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Richklhs
Rooms at the Hyatt Regency 15 min away on 16 October are $45 http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...ted-dates.html
Thanks - I didn't want to drive back to Minnesota on Sunday, so this works great. I'm also diamond - so can get lounge access!
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:26 pm

I can help out with registration on Sat. at 8 am.

...sent email as per info provided

Last edited by znke252; Apr 30, 2016 at 4:11 pm Reason: updated info
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, HH, SPG, Marriott, IHG
All set!

Registered - can't wait!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Woohoo! Super excited to go!
Old May 2, 2016, 11:05 pm

Hotel

So now I need my ticket, I have the hotel but I don't get an email for tickets so...? But I did land the hotel #stalker of code. Thank you H, you have done a great deal of organization and if I don't book Africa ) see my other "help I'm a noob on the move" thread,) then it's on! Layin low...lol. Cheers!
Old May 3, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Registered again; year #4 I think. Mom grabbing a ticket too again this year, + we're both looking forward to it. Always like to stay on site at HI for "hanging out at the bar/restaurant and chatting + sharing evenings" purposes.

Haven't seen Chicago Seminars blogged by MMS or others yet, but I'm guessing they will soon.

Also, surprised that the rooms at onsite HI aren't sold out yet; usually those go pretty quickly.

Question: The rate doesn't mention it this year, but will site hotel be providing free breakfast for those staying there as they have in previous years?

Last edited by dmat; May 3, 2016 at 4:26 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by dmat
Question: The rate doesn't mention it this year, but will site hotel be providing free breakfast for those staying there as they have in previous years?
Breakfast for 1 person is included in all room rates. Additional breakfasts can be purchased directly with the hotel.
Old May 10, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: SW-A list preferred , Alaska -MVP Gold , Marriott - Platinum , HHonors - Diamond , Hyatt - Diamond
I will register only I get a chance to meet @WWE . Is he coming ?
Old May 10, 2016, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by user2013
I will register only I get a chance to meet @WWE . Is he coming ?
You'll need to ask him ^^
Old May 11, 2016, 12:57 am

Just registered for my first seminar...can't wait! Hotel was easy (Friday-Sunday), but couldn't believe one of the talks (Earning Points & Free Travel through Unique Promotions) was already full. Happily, there are many great speakers to hear! One question: trying to get American flight with points, I see several flights are available for purchase, but they did not show up on the award availability. The ones offered for points require three flights (yeah, I don't live near a larger airport) and will take twice as long. Is there a chance other rewards seats will open up or should I just accept it and book? Thanks. Here I am asking a question and the seminar is still five months away...haha!

Last edited by OutOfTheBurg; May 11, 2016 at 1:00 am Reason: better wording
Old May 11, 2016, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I had the strangest dream last night (me being in charge of the charity raffle). I had the main prizes lined up, but then had entered a sweepstakes & lots of prizes ended up on my doorstep, so needed help in trying to get them sorted so we could include them in the raffle & then getting them to the hotel (which was at some big city property downtown, making parking hard to find) & was trying to get everything moved in except some 1-time Christmas show was happening & I had to move around all their stuff. And then I was trying to find my volunteers & get the Paypal swiper thing & couldn't find the microphone to start saying get your tickets & lots of seminar people were swirling all around me asking about the prizes/ticket costs & I couldn't remember the ticket costs & then I thought I had forgotten the free night certs & I was trying to find Howie, yelling How---ie----ie! And then I woke up & realized the seminar was still a few months away & I had plenty of time to get things sorted. Phew!....

Cheers.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gertrude23
Just registered for my first seminar...can't wait! Hotel was easy (Friday-Sunday), but couldn't believe one of the talks (Earning Points & Free Travel through Unique Promotions) was already full. Happily, there are many great speakers to hear! One question: trying to get American flight with points, I see several flights are available for purchase, but they did not show up on the award availability. The ones offered for points require three flights (yeah, I don't live near a larger airport) and will take twice as long. Is there a chance other rewards seats will open up or should I just accept it and book? Thanks. Here I am asking a question and the seminar is still five months away...haha!
great first post and happy you'll be attending! ^^
Old May 13, 2016, 6:25 am

I apologize in advance if this has already been posted, but I am curious if anyone is staying instead at any of the Hyatts nearby?

If so, I'd be interested in sharing rides back and forth to the Holiday Inn.

It looks like the Hyatt Place chicago/itasca is the closest, with the Schaumberg properties next.

thank you.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:13 pm

Hotel

Where do I find the link to book the hotel for the forum in October in Chicago?
Old May 15, 2016, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I have to say I am a bit underwhelmed by the line up. It is mostly geared towards beginners/intermediate. I would have liked to see some more celebrities like Lucky, and some more advanced/edgy topics for intermediate/experienced flyers, like RTW tickets, advanced searching and booking tools/scripts, and even fuel dumping. Maybe next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.