Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Napagoer
I have been a lurker for several months, and have just started with the miles/points games. I am very interested in the October seminar. Does it fill up quickly or is there always space available for late registration?
Last year, tickets seemed to be available right up until the close of registration. However, as part of buying a ticket, you sign up for the sessions that you want to attend. The sessions are capacity-limited because of the size of the rooms at the hotel, so while you might be able to register, you may not get the sessions you want if you sit too long.

There are also people who find themselves unable to use the tickets they have purchased, and who will post here until a few weeks before the event trying to sell them. (Though by then, you should figure that you will be keeping whatever sessions that person registered for.)
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
On the calendar! By then I'll have been travel hacking for over a year so hopefully I can bring some ideas the table in addition to learning plenty more from everyone else.

Will definitely be checking back for ways to help out/volunteer too!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA flyer, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt stayer
Crapola - that conflicts with my trip to RAR this year!

I did have the pleasure of sitting with @Middle_Seat on the bus to the hotel last year and made lots of new friends! (Including a photo opp w/ Renee)

Hmm.... I wonder if I can fit the Seminars in on the way out. Flight doesn't leave LAX until Sunday night so now the wheels are turning.....
Old Feb 19, 2016, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by honda654
Crapola - that conflicts with my trip to RAR this year!

I did have the pleasure of sitting with @Middle_Seat on the bus to the hotel last year and made lots of new friends! (Including a photo opp w/ Renee)

Hmm.... I wonder if I can fit the Seminars in on the way out. Flight doesn't leave LAX until Sunday night so now the wheels are turning.....
Hey I am doing a 250 SkyMiles MQM ticket run day before Thursday but will be around all day Friday so at least swing by for lunch at Shelby Campbells? ^
Old Mar 14, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: aa,starwood
when is the seminar going to open up for registration?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by nextinline
when is the seminar going to open up for registration?
hopefully at the end of this month when I get home from South Africa
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Asiana Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know who this is from last year's Chicago Seminars? http://imgur.com/1Xhk946

He's got a huge fanbase on Reddit, even with people calling for an AMA with him: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...quest_ugtvbjt/
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by FlyerJT
Does anyone know who this is from last year's Chicago Seminars? http://imgur.com/1Xhk946

He's got a huge fanbase on Reddit, even with people calling for an AMA with him: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...quest_ugtvbjt/
Ray, is kind, funny as all get out, and a story teller like no other. Come to CHI this year and I am sure you will see him. Walk up and say "HI" and ask him about anything and buy him a beer and enjoy stories that will make your sides hurt! :-:^
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Ray always shows up at the Chicago Seminars, he's a great guy!
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Ray also usually shows up at the summer Ann Arbor Art Fair seminar in July.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:38 am

Gee Wiz Guys,
Thanks for the generous words I as someone who
wishes to fly under the radar,is quite reserved and not
wanting to draw necessitous attention to self remain
humbled.
Ray will be attending both events named
above and is looking forward to be with all.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Getiton
Gee Wiz Guys,
Thanks for the generous words I as someone who
wishes to fly under the radar,is quite reserved and not
wanting to draw necessitous attention to self remain
humbled.
Ray will be attending both events named
above and is looking forward to be with all.
Ray is a really cool guy. Had a chance to talk to him during the Austin MegaDo a couple of years back.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:07 am

Excited for another year!

Last year, I was in the process of finding my apartment in Chicago so I went to only a handful of breakout sessions due to meeting realtors, etc. But now that I live here, I'm planning on being there ALL weekend! Excited to see you folks!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
MDW or ORD

Question for all of you: I'll be flying Boston to Chicago. I'd like to do Southwest, just because BOS-MDW on Southwest is cheap and easy. But obviously MDW is not ORD, and the event happens to be near ORD.

Is it worth saving some money/points to fly to MDW and then get to ORD?
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by financialhippie
Question for all of you: I'll be flying Boston to Chicago. I'd like to do Southwest, just because BOS-MDW on Southwest is cheap and easy. But obviously MDW is not ORD, and the event happens to be near ORD.

Is it worth saving some money/points to fly to MDW and then get to ORD?
I'm not the best at maximizing points, minimizing costs, but MDW and ORD are not that close together. ORD really isn't in Chicago at all, they annexed an expressway to get the tax revenue from O'Hare. It's way west. Midway is way south. I likely wouldn't do it, not worth the cab cost (likely very high) and time (it will be 30 minutes at least could be an hour and a half probably at rush hour)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.