Reload this Page >

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: thehowieee
Dates for 2017 event are: Oct 20-22, 2017 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/external-miles-points-resources/1825965-8th-annual-chicago-seminars-october-20-22-2017-a-2.html

* Event Registration: http://chicagoseminars2016.eventbrite.com - lunch and daily snacks are included in registration (breakfast is NOT included in registration ... see below)
* Hotel registration is live in post # 2. Breakfast for 1 is included in room rate if booked using seminar code.
* Schedule of weekend events is in post #3.
* Current event sponsors in post #4 (and email provided if someone is interested in sponsoring)
* Some info re: charity raffle is in post #5.
* Request for volunteers is in post #6. (volunteers get a thanks & handshake - and an apple).
* A full list of the current speakers is in post #7
Print Wikipost

Chicago Seminars October 14-16th, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by nichelle
I've just registered and booked my hotel reservation. This will be my very first seminar and I'm really looking forward to it!

Perhaps I should have done more research but I wanted to get the registration done. I had to choose between two topics that I REALLY, REALLY want to hear (Introduction to Mileage Runs and Using expertflyer as an expert). I chose the mileage run topic. However, on second thought, I've been doing MR's for years and could probably learn more in the expert flyer discussion. If one wants to switch, is this possible?
If you'd like to switch send an email to [email protected]. if space is available i'll get you moved.

Last edited by thehowieee; May 22, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Old May 22, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by thehowieee
If you'd like to switch send an email to [email protected]. if space is available i'll get you moved.
Thank you so much for the quick response. ^
Old May 22, 2016, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nichelle
Thank you so much for the quick response. ^
you're welcome. Just make sure to use the right email address as I spelled it incorrectly in a rush to post: [email protected]
Old May 22, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by thehowieee
you're welcome. Just make sure to use the right email address as I spelled it incorrectly in a rush to post: [email protected]
Got it!
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:26 pm

I'm a bit new so apologies for a side question!

This event looks great but I'm wondering is there a seminar similar to this in NYC? Or Washington DC?

Thanks much
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by msywings
I'm a bit new so apologies for a side question!

This event looks great but I'm wondering is there a seminar similar to this in NYC? Or Washington DC?

Thanks much
The Chicago event is held each year in October in a Chicago suburb. There is an organization that holds other events in different cities, but the locations vary each year. Chicago is every year in October in ORD suburb.

Cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:19 am

SkiAdcock thanks for the note!!
I'll try to go to the chicago one from nyc but will check out this other org too you mentioned
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:39 am
Original Poster

In case anyone is looking for flights ... http://slickdeals.net/f/8827827-amer...rom-chicago-70
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA flyer, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt stayer
I'm in!

Originally Posted by Renes Points
Hey I am doing a 250 SkyMiles MQM ticket run day before Thursday but will be around all day Friday so at least swing by for lunch at Shelby Campbells? ^
So my trip to LAX/RAR just got cancelled last night. Which means I'm on Flyertalk today researching necessary pieces for the 2016 Seminar Itinerary.

Staying at Doubletree since IHG is all booked up. ^
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Will be announcing the seminar charities in another few days. A couple of new ones.

Cheers.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SWA
I've been kicked off the registration site twice now, running out of time. The initial load on the registration page is OVER 2 minutes from my site (outside the US) and the incremental loads are a bit slow, but nothing unusual. Anyone else having trouble with Eventbrite?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:00 am

Hello everyone, I'm planning to register and book that weekend to come for my first time!

Sorry, here are some noobie questions -
Has the overflow hotel been decided on yet? Do people book hotels with their points at hotel close by and cab together? Holiday Inn Chicago - Elk Grove is closed to IHG bookings already.
Anyone going from NYC / new york? Would be good to connect beforehand!

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by msywings
Hello everyone, I'm planning to register and book that weekend to come for my first time!

Sorry, here are some noobie questions -
Has the overflow hotel been decided on yet? Do people book hotels with their points at hotel close by and cab together? Holiday Inn Chicago - Elk Grove is closed to IHG bookings already.
Anyone going from NYC / new york? Would be good to connect beforehand!

Thanks!
I just looked and I had no problem booking a refundable hotel night including breakfast during these times for $98+taxes. It even stated it was the Chicago Seminars price. The overflow hotel is Country Inn & Suites Mount Prospect, but it doesn't look like the organizers have transitioned reservations to that hotel yet since the eventbrite link doesn't work for the hotel. There are definitely people who book their own hotel that they are loyal to or with points, but I have heard that it is really nice and convenient to be on the grounds of the event in case you ever want to leave and nap.

As for the NY question, not 100% sure....but I would say there should be people coming from NY. Best of luck and cheers!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
As a multi-year attender, I can confirm that it is very convenient to stay at the convention hotel. No need for a rental car, no need to wait for the shuttle to the other hotel(s).
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
As a multi-year attender, I can confirm that it is very convenient to stay at the convention hotel. No need for a rental car, no need to wait for the shuttle to the other hotel(s).
Thank you very much, Middle_Seat and CRNA. I'll try to lock down the convention hotel. In my previous comment i meant i could no longer book it with my IHG points as the hotel is part of IHG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.