Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by cruisr
Now now, The fan boys will say you are jealous or a hater. All airlines/hotels should be honored by his mere presence and have the Captain welcome him onboard and the GMs of hotels roll out the red carpets..

Have to say I am not surprised that he is thought of that way.
Funny. But probably true. There is a set of messenger discussions going on based on this. Please feel free to add to it as I/we are out of ideas!

"One ..... at a time"

"One favor at a time"
"One leak at a time"
"One special request at a time"
"One copied post at a time"
"One clickbate headline at a time"
"One manipulation at a time"
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Something tells me he purposely filed a complaint with CR so as to get a poor response and ten be able to blog about it. Probably will allow him to write off that flight :-). Anyways, he is know internally in media as "the big whiner" or "one whine at a time," so why he chose this time to go the CR route vs his standard DM whine, I don't know.
My hierarchy is as follows:
1) Something good, publicly tweet @americanair
2) Something I need help with, DM @americanair
3) Something bad happened and I have a specific request to fix it (rebooking, etc.), DM @americanair
4) Something bad happened and I would like to request miles or compensation to be made whole, Customer Relations

I've been on the receiving end of some emails from CR that didn't make any sense so I can empathize with Ben on this one.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
... so I can empathize with Ben on this one.
Of course you can.

BTW you guys sent me to his site again and I noticed one weird thing.
In his "I'm one million miler" post he revealed he has 4.1 million
"program-to-date" miles. Isn't this EXTREMELY low?
With his weekly CX and Etihad first flies for 2 for last several years,
this number is just a joke. Makes no sense mathematically.
But of course I'm just a hater
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Well, well, well. It does help to be a regular reader, even a regular reader of this forum if nothing else.

For reasons chased hither and yon, and then back again several times, Ben has been an AA/One World guy for just the last few years. I think it's pretty amazing that he's climbed so far so quickly.

Surely we don't have to rehash all that again, right?

Oh, the devil with it. Let's do!
Old Mar 8, 2016, 11:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Haha at above:

The reasons why he climbed up to many miles on AA is what the latest post confirmed: WIFI!

On the new LAX-HKG route, Ben is praising and endorsing AA for its WIFI, and glamourizing its F/C/Y+/Y. Rather in being like any sensible person: the CX alternitive(4flights a day/real premium economy,Y: 3-3-3 and better service)

Plus add more SPG cc pimping as if we are still like lemmings following to board a sinking ship...
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Guys, can you believe this about the Citi Prestige 4th Night benefit? Oh wait, false alarm you guys, you can relax.

Click on Prestige card affiliate link....again and again....same old
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Guys, can you believe this about the Citi Prestige 4th Night benefit? Oh wait, false alarm you guys, you can relax.

Click on Prestige card affiliate link....again and again....same old
Not a bad way to generate traffic huh? Create an alarming story based on nothing but horrible speculation and then the very next day "saying false alarm." Not bad Lucky, not bad.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Haha at above:

The reasons why he climbed up to many miles on AA is what the latest post confirmed: WIFI!

On the new LAX-HKG route, Ben is praising and endorsing AA for its WIFI, and glamourizing its F/C/Y+/Y. Rather in being like any sensible person: the CX alternitive(4flights a day/real premium economy,Y: 3-3-3 and better service)

Plus add more SPG cc pimping as if we are still like lemmings following to board a sinking ship...
PT Barnum said it best.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Smile Note AA quote!

Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Create an alarming story based on nothing but horrible speculation...
Huh?!

He reported an alarming story based on Citi's website.

ETA: "Enjoy a $250 air travel credit each year, complimentary access to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, plus hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass™ Select, and an annual worldwide 4th night stay at any hotel property" is still up on Citi website.

Last edited by Troopers; Mar 9, 2016 at 9:14 am
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Troopers
Huh?!

He reported an alarming story based on Citi's website.

ETA: "Enjoy a $250 air travel credit each year, complimentary access to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges, plus hundreds of VIP lounges through Priority Pass™ Select, and an annual worldwide 4th night stay at any hotel property" is still up on Citi website.
As I said, horrible speculation.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:29 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
People really don't like him here!

Honestly I'd still read his blog if he didn't have all those other writers and only wrote TR style posts. The good old days.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by TMM1982
As I said, horrible speculation.
Which turned out to be exactly what it said last year when he starting pushing the card. He knew nothing was changing and knew exactly what he was doing with those posts
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Which turned out to be exactly what it said last year when he starting pushing the card. He knew nothing was changing and knew exactly what he was doing with those posts
Yup. I do pat him on the back though for drumming up creative ways of generating page views.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by iadisgreat
I would hope not and he's also never claimed his dad as an employee. The BF is given a bio and everything on the site, so, yes, I 100% think that the BF writes reviews to make their travels tax deductible.
I hope "ya'll" are ready for a Ford Reviews Emirates First Class Part II

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.