Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
For Latest Information
  • Agreement has been reached. BR expects to resume full schedule by 20 July for flights out of TPE
  • Strike Information Page:
    • English: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html Chinese
    • 中文: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/emer/strikeinfo.html
  • Flight Status Page:
  • News Releases (Chinese as it is more current): https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/?page=1&filter=Travel+Advisory
  • Hello Kitty Services suspended during the strike
  • In-Flight services are streamlined + no duty-free sales due to reduced staffing onboard
Real Life Accounts / Advises on How Problems Should be / are Getting Handled History of Strike (reverse chronological order, all times TPE (GMT +8))
  • 2019/07/06 - Agreement was reached, full schedule is expected by the end of July
  • 2019/07/02 - negotiation session did not resolve the strike. Strike continues
  • 2019/06/29 Evening - more disagreements during negotiations to hammer out new agreement. Strike continue
  • 2019/06/29 3:39PM - Union announced the FAs voted to end the strike, pending new agreement being drafted and signed
  • 2019/06/29 12:00PM, flight attendant vote to determine whether to continue the strike concluded
  • 2019/06/20 2:09PM, strike announced starting 16:00 TPE Time (GMT +8) on 6/20
  • 2019/06/20 1PM TPE Time: Negotiation Session started and was broadcast live. Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzS5W_LaIM and the dramatic moment is at 1:08 into the video
Reference
Print Wikipost

Flight Attendants Strike Vote

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by loun80
It seems like most of you on this thread were able to get on your flight. Has anyone on this thread been denied boarding or had their flights cancelled? How did they accommodate you if your flight was cancelled?
My flight was cancelled out of SFO. BR offered me SQ1 the same evening but I declined as I wanted to support BR. The earliest they could accommodate me was on 7/1 BR11 out of LAX. They ended up paying a one way ticket in F from
SFO to LAX.

So I took that instead. I arrived 2 days late and had to cut my trip short.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
It seems like most of you on this thread were able to get on your flight. Has anyone on this thread been denied boarding or had their flights cancelled? How did they accommodate you if your flight was cancelled?
I had a flight cancelled from TPE-LAX that was leg #2 of a four leg round trip ticket. I had booked the flight through the Chase UR portal so as soon as I received the cancellation notice I was on the phone with Chase travel and - although it took 90 minutes - I was able to cancel the entire itinerary (due to the TPE-LAX cancellation) and the points were immediately credited back to my account. I re-booked with another airline as I had a non-negotiable deadline for arrival in LA.

Now I'm working on recouping the additional "seat selection fees" that I paid directly to EVA, as their flight cancellation negated my opportunity to sit in the purchased seat(s).
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:14 am

Agreements were reached in today's meeting between EVA and the union. End of strike is in sight, but details will be given in the news conference that is scheduled in 15 minutes.
tropikey likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 4:54 am

The strike will officially end on 7/9 at 2400. EVA estimates that flight operation can return to normal in early August at the latest.
restlessinRNO and tropikey like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bearchemist
Agreements were reached in today's meeting between EVA and the union. End of strike is in sight, but details will be given in the news conference that is scheduled in 15 minutes.
Do you have a link to this good news?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Gold
Do you have a link to this good news?
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3739754

EVA Air, union reach agreement; strike to end July 10 | Society | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:10 pm

I had an award flight (Mileage Plus) booked on BR7 next week that was canceled and automatically rebooked to the later 1am flight. They never informed us of the rebook though, so I was a bit surprised when I called. ha
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:17 pm

My flight was canceled, and I could not get through to customer service. I would hold, it would pick up, and it would hang up on me. After a few attempts, I got through to a local office in another state, and in ten minutes, they rebooked me for the same flight, just the next day. One day is not a big deal for me as my trip is fairly long anyways.

I am currently more irritated by their customer service than anything else, as well as the complete ineptitude of both the airline AND the union in these negotiations.

Also, they told me on the phone, yesterday, that they could not guarantee my flight back on the same day either, in early August and that it may be cancelled and rebooked as well. Perhaps this was before the news of the strike end. But that's what I was told yesterday evening.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
EVA, union reach deal to end strike - Taipei Times

This was the most frustrating and dissatisfying ending to a drama since the finale of Lost.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by BlackHappy
EVA, union reach deal to end strike - Taipei Times

This was the most frustrating and dissatisfying ending to a drama since the finale of Lost.
I... actually like the LOST finale.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:52 am

I was caught a off guard as I had no idea that there was a strike. I booked my CTS-TPE-HKG flight for 7/5 only 2 weeks earlier as a lifemiles award. Having never flown BR before when I went to check in 24 hours before my flight I didn't see a way to actually complete my check in via BRs website. I didn't see anything on lifemiles site either. Wasn't contacted by either regarding the cancelation. Checked status of my itinerary via checkmytrip and learned of the cancellations. I ended up calling lifemiles and was rebooked on TG CTS-BKK-HKG spending an extra 8 hours travelling. Could have been totally screwed as lifemiles doesn't have a very good reputation with their call centers but I got lucky with a good agent that was able to book my new segments on TG even though they weren't showing up on lifemiles website even though award space was available.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:27 am

So remember the cabin crew that came out earlier this year accused that BR didn’t protect her on the wiping customer butt case. (she wasn’t the one who actually wiped)

She has just made comment on line chat group stating the following

1. She will add substance to pilot meal.
2. She will now abuse her power to bully junior crew member.

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Aviation/M.1562496320.A.CD6.html

Last edited by krispykrme; Jul 7, 2019 at 7:55 am
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by krispykrme

So remember the cabin crew that came out earlier this year accused that BR didn’t protect her on the wiping customer butt case. (she wasn’t the one who actually wiped)

She has just made comment on line chat group stating the following

1. She will add substance to pilot meal.
2. She will now abuse her power to bully junior crew member.

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Aviation/M.1562496320.A.CD6.html
Is this related to the strike?
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by kq747
Is this related to the strike?
yes.

she is part of union leadership that led the strike.

latest news is that she has been moved to ground crew pending further investigation.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by krispykrme

yes.

she is part of union leadership that led the strike.

latest news is that she has been moved to ground crew pending further investigation.
Is this the one they call 小辣椒? given her personality, most people were surprised she was acting like a tearful victim after the butt-wiping incident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.