Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
For Latest Information
  • Agreement has been reached. BR expects to resume full schedule by 20 July for flights out of TPE
  • Strike Information Page:
    • English: https://www.evaair.com/en-global/emer/strikeinfo.html Chinese
    • 中文: https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/emer/strikeinfo.html
  • Flight Status Page:
  • News Releases (Chinese as it is more current): https://www.evaair.com/zh-tw/about-eva-air/news/travel-news/?page=1&filter=Travel+Advisory
  • Hello Kitty Services suspended during the strike
  • In-Flight services are streamlined + no duty-free sales due to reduced staffing onboard
Real Life Accounts / Advises on How Problems Should be / are Getting Handled History of Strike (reverse chronological order, all times TPE (GMT +8))
  • 2019/07/06 - Agreement was reached, full schedule is expected by the end of July
  • 2019/07/02 - negotiation session did not resolve the strike. Strike continues
  • 2019/06/29 Evening - more disagreements during negotiations to hammer out new agreement. Strike continue
  • 2019/06/29 3:39PM - Union announced the FAs voted to end the strike, pending new agreement being drafted and signed
  • 2019/06/29 12:00PM, flight attendant vote to determine whether to continue the strike concluded
  • 2019/06/20 2:09PM, strike announced starting 16:00 TPE Time (GMT +8) on 6/20
  • 2019/06/20 1PM TPE Time: Negotiation Session started and was broadcast live. Video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzS5W_LaIM and the dramatic moment is at 1:08 into the video
Reference
Print Wikipost

Flight Attendants Strike Vote

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2019, 5:12 am

Source? This is inconsistent with the news articles available to me.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by maball
today that yet again the arrogance of the EVA management is shining through and various bullying tactics are still being employed against people who joined the strike. Staff shortages being reported at an all time high leading to questions on cabin safety. I bet it wont be long before Starlux starts poaching staff with lots of promises.
One less flight attendant is no cabin safety issue, since BR has well above the minimum requirement of 1 FA per door.

Anyways, where is your source of "arrogance and bullying". The union has proven to be an unreliable source time and time again, and the government made no statement close to "Government Instructs EVA to stop bearing grudges".
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
One less flight attendant is no cabin safety issue, since BR has well above the minimum requirement of 1 FA per door.

Anyways, where is your source of "arrogance and bullying". The union has proven to be an unreliable source time and time again, and the government made no statement close to "Government Instructs EVA to stop bearing grudges".
Source - All over the news in Taiwan yesterday and a days before , here is one source, not sure whar sources you have but having family living in Taiwan certainly helps EVA Air flight attendants pan treatment since strike - Taipei Times
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:48 am

Source - All over the news in Taiwan yesterday and a days before , here is one source, not sure whar sources you have but having family living in Taiwan certainly helps EVA Air flight attendants pan treatment since strike - Taipei Times
today that yet again the arrogance of the EVA management is shining through and various bullying tactics are still being employed against people who joined the strike. Staff shortages being reported at an all time high leading to questions on cabin safety. I bet it wont be long before Starlux starts poaching staff with lots of promises.
Source? And your original title was 'Government instructs EVA to stop bearing grudges.' Did you really read the article you cited?

p.s. Not only I also have family living in Taiwan, I am a Taiwanese citizen myself.

Last edited by bearchemist; Sep 19, 2019 at 8:10 am
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by bearchemist
Source? And your original title was 'Government instructs EVA to stop bearing grudges.' Did you really read the article you cited?

p.s. Not only I also have family living in Taiwan, I am a Taiwanese citizen myself.
I won't be surprised if he/she is part of the union. Better put him/her on ignore than trying to reason.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
There is literally nothing in that article to support your OP title. Why the need for such [Moderator Edit] mischaracterization?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Sep 20, 2019 at 8:52 pm Reason: To comply with FT Rule 12, to avoid undue personalization.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Isn't it a little rich for the Union to demand equal treatment for FAs who went on strike and the ones who worked extra hard during the strike, but at the same time demand unequal treatment for FAs in the union vs FAs who are not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.