Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Royal Laurel Class offers a reverse herringbone layout of lie-flat (180 degree recline) seats in a 1 - 2 - 1 layout on all Boeing 777-300ERs. All 777-300ERs have been converted to Royal Laurel (77W/77N). New 77A will be added mid 2014.

Link to EVA 777-300ER Royal Laurel Class seat chart on SeatGuru

Link to Royal Laurel Class video

How to see the aircraft configuration for your flight (by asiadxer)

Also see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1522241-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-eva-777-300-er-77n.html
Print Wikipost

EVA to upgrade Premium Laurel Seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Ok I called the office and they spoke to the station manager but it is not possible to bring two trolleys on board but I can check in as many bags as I want as long as they are within the baggage allowance. Whilst I understand this is their rule it is frustrating that this is not streamlined within *A. I can bring two bags on a LX A320 which is by far smaller and has less space than a Biz cabin on an EVA 77W which only has 4 seats per row. Therefore I really do not understand their reasoning...
Also as I called specifically to ask for an exception and told them my bags are not heavy I feel they should have made an effort to accommodate a Biz class pax.

If anyone has a contact in BR HQ I would not mind sending them an e-mail as they really should consider changing their rules.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX888
Ok I called the office and they spoke to the station manager but it is not possible to bring two trolleys on board but I can check in as many bags as I want as long as they are within the baggage allowance. Whilst I understand this is their rule it is frustrating that this is not streamlined within *A. I can bring two bags on a LX A320 which is by far smaller and has less space than a Biz cabin on an EVA 77W which only has 4 seats per row. Therefore I really do not understand their reasoning...
Also as I called specifically to ask for an exception and told them my bags are not heavy I feel they should have made an effort to accommodate a Biz class pax.

If anyone has a contact in BR HQ I would not mind sending them an e-mail as they really should consider changing their rules.
You are looking at it as a service issue for a premium passenger. They most likely look at it as a safety issue that they will not compromise.

I hope you can appreciate, or at least understand, where they are coming from.

Last edited by username; Dec 26, 2013 at 11:57 pm
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Marriott Gold
I am flying BR009 YVR-TPE Business Class (part of a reward ticket). I see that I am flying on the 747 with PL seats. Are they really as bad as people make them out to be? Is it worthwhile to see if I can change my flight to SFO, LAX, YYZ or JFK to ensure I get RL?
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:05 pm

10 yrs ago they would've been considered pretty good. Royal Laurel is so good now that they pale in comparison. IIWY, I would pay the change fee if seats on a 777 open up.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Marriott Gold
Well I tried to change my flight to LAX - TPE. Eva air shows reward tickets available, but the aeroplan agent said nothing was available? Is there a way to check availability to save me having to call AP everyday?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by verda13
Well I tried to change my flight to LAX - TPE. Eva air shows reward tickets available, but the aeroplan agent said nothing was available? Is there a way to check availability to save me having to call AP everyday?
Check Aeroplan site your self and ANA, UA sites.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific-Asia Miles, Starwood
Hi,
Has anyone flown the SEA to TPE flight in Business in EVA (BR 25) flight in the last few months? Any comments on seats (not new style right?) food, or service would be greatly appreciated, flying in Feb. Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Does anyone know if the 777-300ER that fly TPE-PEK, TPE-BKK, TPE-HKG also have the Royal Laurel seats? The wiki at the top says ALL 777-300ER have been outfitted with the Royal Laurel seats.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:30 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by patchan8984
Does anyone know if the 777-300ER that fly TPE-PEK, TPE-BKK, TPE-HKG also have the Royal Laurel seats? The wiki at the top says ALL 777-300ER have been outfitted with the Royal Laurel seats.
The seatmap for my upcoming TPE-PEK matches with that of SFO-TPE. And I would say yes.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by patchan8984
The 0910 hours morning tpe/bkk flight continues on to london so has them; the Mrs. just flew this route literally hours ago
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Looking at booking the middle seats for myself and +1... What is the best seat? Currently have row 9, with the 4 row cabin rather than 5 row cabin.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Looking at booking the middle seats for myself and +1... What is the best seat? Currently have row 9, with the 4 row cabin rather than 5 row cabin.
Every row is the same. The middle seats form a /\.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by geclub1
decided to go for row 5 instead to be away from lavs and galley, as the second cabin looks like there may be traffic from E+ customers using the lav
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:36 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by geclub1
Every seat is same, except row 8. FA tells me slightly shorter. But window seats have slightly more table top space.Had 10k flying out of jfk thursday before snowstorm and more room for my cpap unit, etc.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
Every seat is same, except row 8. FA tells me slightly shorter. But window seats have slightly more table top space.Had 10k flying out of jfk thursday before snowstorm and more room for my cpap unit, etc.
I have seated in 8A before and did not notice any difference. But that particular time, I did not pre-order online. When FA came by to take my meal order, dinner choices were very limited.

Also I believe Rows 1, 3 and 8 are blocked for seat pre-assignments and may only be open for selection until airport checkin for non-status passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.