Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Royal Laurel Class offers a reverse herringbone layout of lie-flat (180 degree recline) seats in a 1 - 2 - 1 layout on all Boeing 777-300ERs. All 777-300ERs have been converted to Royal Laurel (77W/77N). New 77A will be added mid 2014.

Link to EVA 777-300ER Royal Laurel Class seat chart on SeatGuru

Link to Royal Laurel Class video

How to see the aircraft configuration for your flight (by asiadxer)

Also see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1522241-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-eva-777-300-er-77n.html
Print Wikipost

EVA to upgrade Premium Laurel Seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Does anyone know if the 777-300ER that fly TPE-PEK, TPE-BKK, TPE-HKG also have the Royal Laurel seats? The wiki at the top says ALL 777-300ER have been outfitted with the Royal Laurel seats.
I am scheduled for TPE-HKG in a week or so on an A330. The seat is not Royal Laurel.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:32 pm

BR35 YYZ-TPE menu

Flight No:BR0035 YYZ-TPE Valid until:5/31/2014
Supper Meals
Braised Beef Noodle Soup Served with Stir Fried Chinese Vegetables
Pan Seared Sea Bass with Veloute Dill Sauce,Seasonal Vegetables and Potato with Parsley
Stir Fried Chicken with XO Sauce,Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
*Seared Chicken Breast with Tarragon Cream Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Potato
*Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin with Bordelaise Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Potatoes
*Grilled Lamb Loin with Mustard Crust Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Potato
*Meal service not required
* Exclusive meals not available on the inflight menu card.

Flight No:BR0035 YYZ-TPE Valid until:5/31/2014
Breakfast Meals
Plain Congee with Delicatessens and Egg Pancake with Preserved Radish,Stir Fried Ground Pork with Green Beans
Egg Benedict
Asparagus and Porcini Quiche

Last edited by obuengineer; Mar 12, 2014 at 8:32 pm Reason: add breakfast meals
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:38 pm

BR 891 TPE-HKG menu

Flight No:BR0891 TPE-HKG Valid until:3/31/2014
Breakfast Meals
Savoury Porridge with Chicken, Chinese Yam, Lotus Seed and Wolfberry
Frittata with Mixed Vegetables and Potatoes and Chicken Sausage
*Stewed Pork Trotter with Longevity Fine Noodle
*Golden Fried Shrimp with Asian Spices Crumble with Egg Fried Rice with Scallion and Mixed Vegatable
*Meal service not required
* Exclusive meals not available on the inflight menu card.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by patchan8984
Does anyone know if the 777-300ER that fly TPE-PEK, TPE-BKK, TPE-HKG also have the Royal Laurel seats? The wiki at the top says ALL 777-300ER have been outfitted with the Royal Laurel seats.
My flight from HKG to TPE in coming Easter changed to a 777 and it shows the RL seats
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by geclub1
Also I believe Rows 1, 3 and 8 are blocked for seat pre-assignments and may only be open for selection until airport checkin for non-status passengers.
I'm flying YYZ-TPE on 3-22. I just checked the seat map this morning on the EVA website and rows 1 & 3 opened up today. They were not available yesterday. Row 8 is still blocked. I opted to move my party of 4 from 9A, 9D, 10A and 10D to row 1.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:50 am

My guess is that 8 is reserved for infant/bassinet seating. Would appreciate your review of your RL experience after your trip!
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by JackTripper
My guess is that 8 is reserved for infant/bassinet seating. Would appreciate your review of your RL experience after your trip!
Certainly. It will be my pleasure to do so.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by JackTripper
That would be great news as I was under the impression that RL cabins do not have the bassinet option.

Can anyone else confirm that bassinet is available in RL cabins? Hoping to travel w/ a munchkin in a couple months to visit family in TPE
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by obuengineer
Certainly. It will be my pleasure to do so.
Looking forward to your review!

If you have a chance, can you also please let us know what you think the best seating for couples are?

A few questions I had is whether the middle divider is a hindrance for D/G or will it be fine if couples just move their heads forward a little? How about 2 window seats in front of the other, is the only way to talk to turn head into the aisle? And if we're sitting one window, one aisle, do we need to choose staggered seats or can they be same number row?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Globex

If you have a chance, can you also please let us know what you think the best seating for couples are?

A few questions I had is whether the middle divider is a hindrance for D/G or will it be fine if couples just move their heads forward a little? How about 2 window seats in front of the other, is the only way to talk to turn head into the aisle? And if we're sitting one window, one aisle, do we need to choose staggered seats or can they be same number row?

Thanks in advance!
My limited experience in other business class cabins would lead me to believe that the two middle seats would allow for conversation with relative easy while two aisle seats would be isolated from each other much more so. However, I will let you know what I discover.

Looks like EVA is blocking off more seats on my flight. See attached image. Column D and G, rows 9-11 have not been blocked previously. I've been monitoring for several months.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:31 am

Thanks in advance!
Last time we sit in D G and you just need to lean forward a bit to talk, no problem at all. If you take one window & one aisle, it will be the same row number but you are facing opposite due to the seats orientation..
Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by obuengineer
My limited experience in other business class cabins would lead me to believe that the two middle seats would allow for conversation with relative easy while two aisle seats would be isolated from each other much more so. However, I will let you know what I discover.
Originally Posted by Stnf
Last time we sit in D G and you just need to lean forward a bit to talk, no problem at all. If you take one window & one aisle, it will be the same row number but you are facing opposite due to the seats orientation..
Perfect, thanks both!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:09 am

Thanks in advance!
Globex,

There is a great video on youtube from EVA that shows a 3D rendering of the RL cabin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ey4WCIRM0P0

It looks to me like the middle seats would be far and away the best for couples. The window and middle seats are staggered such that it wouldn't be ideal for talking across the aisle. To windows seats don't look to be that great for couples either. Hope this helps. I'll have visual confirmation tonight as I fly YYZ-TPE.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
7G is sometimes blocked as a pilot's rest seat
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:45 pm

Just got off BR35 YYZ-TPE about an hour ago. Overall great experience. I'll post some photos and a few details later. FYI I did not see any bassinet connections at any RL seats. Should probably confirm with EVA first if you need that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.