Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Royal Laurel Class offers a reverse herringbone layout of lie-flat (180 degree recline) seats in a 1 - 2 - 1 layout on all Boeing 777-300ERs. All 777-300ERs have been converted to Royal Laurel (77W/77N). New 77A will be added mid 2014.

Link to EVA 777-300ER Royal Laurel Class seat chart on SeatGuru

Link to Royal Laurel Class video

How to see the aircraft configuration for your flight (by asiadxer)

Also see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1522241-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-eva-777-300-er-77n.html
Print Wikipost

EVA to upgrade Premium Laurel Seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by snic
Actually FAs are supposed to stop serving inebriated passengers.
Of course, but this was a conversation about allegedly denying service of a premium product because (ostensibly) it would be too expensive for them to give out any more.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Does anyone know if one can take two pieces of hand luggage on board if one flies Royal Laurel? I am buying two rimowa hand luggages and will be bringing them back. Obviously I am not checking them in and will want to carry them on board. However if they are very strict I will put one in my check-in luggage.
I am flying AMS-BKK. I am connecting from ZRH on LX which allows two in business and will be connecting to TG which if I recall allows two as well.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by LAX888
Does anyone know if one can take two pieces of hand luggage on board if one flies Royal Laurel? I am buying two rimowa hand luggages and will be bringing them back. Obviously I am not checking them in and will want to carry them on board. However if they are very strict I will put one in my check-in luggage.
I am flying AMS-BKK. I am connecting from ZRH on LX which allows two in business and will be connecting to TG which if I recall allows two as well.
I doubt it

EVA was always strict on the carry-on policy, and even weigh it to make sure it's under 7 kg @@
It's about 50% I got weighed on the carry-on
Old Dec 10, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Just tell them that one is your computer bag!
I always bring two: one wheeled carryon and one computer bag.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I doubt it

EVA was always strict on the carry-on policy, and even weigh it to make sure it's under 7 kg @@
It's about 50% I got weighed on the carry-on
hmm that is bad news. I assumed they would have a higher hand luggage allowance for Business as it is quite common in Star Alliance.

but thanks for your input!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1
Just tell them that one is your computer bag!
I always bring two: one wheeled carryon and one computer bag.
the problem is I want to bring two wheeled carry-on luggages.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:50 am

the problem is I want to bring two wheeled carry-on luggages.
Wheeled luggage weighs half the allowed, better get a liter bag. I agree this allowance should be more uniformed across the airlines, it is not that usual to fly only on one carrier. I was considering this carrier and the carry-on restrictions were limiting, read the following:

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/chec...ecial-baggage/
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: United Plat
When are seats in row 1, 3 and 8 released to non EVA Gold/Diamond members?

Hi,

I heard that row 1, 3 and 8 are reserved for Infinity MileageLands Gold/Diamond members. Say if there are not enough Gold/Diamond members to reserve seats in advance, how soon these seats are released? At airport check-in, or 24 hours before departure when on-line check-in is available?

Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by sfo3388
Hi,

I heard that row 1, 3 and 8 are reserved for Infinity MileageLands Gold/Diamond members. Say if there are not enough Gold/Diamond members to reserve seats in advance, how soon these seats are released? At airport check-in, or 24 hours before departure when on-line check-in is available?

Thanks!
Airport check in.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Wheeled luggage weighs half the allowed, better get a liter bag. I agree this allowance should be more uniformed across the airlines, it is not that usual to fly only on one carrier. I was considering this carrier and the carry-on restrictions were limiting, read the following:

http://www.evaair.com/en-global/chec...ecial-baggage/
Yeah I saw that. Really annoying!!!
I will try and call the airport office and plead with them if they can make an exception for this and let me on the plane with 2 carry on luggages.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:07 pm

I will try and call the airport office and plead with them if they can make an exception for this and let me on the plane with 2 carry on luggages.
Tell us how it goes. But its not the airport but the airline that imposes limits.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt it - especially the out-stations.

In the past, at least, Chief Pursers can report carry-on baggage violations up the chain in their reports and the station that allowed it had to do explain. Not sure if they are still this strict now but it is really not likely.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by username
I doubt it - especially the out-stations.

In the past, at least, Chief Pursers can report carry-on baggage violations up the chain in their reports and the station that allowed it had to do explain. Not sure if they are still this strict now but it is really not likely.
+1 ; Unlikely they will allow you to carry on even if you call the office.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
The luggage issue will be somewhat random.

But their main determination is made at checkin counter, not the gate. So do not bring both up with you there. You will not get the "carry on" tag for the other bag, but I have never seen those checked at any airport.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by exwannabe
The luggage issue will be somewhat random.

But their main determination is made at checkin counter, not the gate. So do not bring both up with you there. You will not get the "carry on" tag for the other bag, but I have never seen those checked at any airport.
I have experienced TSA agents checking for the "carry on" tags at both LAX and SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.