Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

Royal Laurel Class offers a reverse herringbone layout of lie-flat (180 degree recline) seats in a 1 - 2 - 1 layout on all Boeing 777-300ERs. All 777-300ERs have been converted to Royal Laurel (77W/77N). New 77A will be added mid 2014.

Link to EVA 777-300ER Royal Laurel Class seat chart on SeatGuru

Link to Royal Laurel Class video

How to see the aircraft configuration for your flight (by asiadxer)

Also see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1522241-everything-you-want-know-about-where-sit-eva-777-300-er-77n.html
Print Wikipost

EVA to upgrade Premium Laurel Seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
EVA to upgrade Premium Laurel Seats

As expected, it's been announced today. Good news for EVA users. Enjoy your flight.

We do not know if the Elite 40" will get adjusted back to 38" after the refurbish is finished. We also do not know if more Premium Laurel seats will be added or less. Also, we do not have the estimated starting and ending time for cabin refurbishing, but they usually don't take as long as China Airlines (so we won't have the Red Robin scenario).

Announced: 2010/11/18
Stock (#): EVA Airways (2618)
Subject: EVA Airways decides to cabin refurbish for Boeing 777-300ER

Details:
1. Decision made 2010/11/18
2. Company: EVA Airways
3. Relationship: Itself
4. Cross holding stock: Not applicable
5. Reason for change: Increase competitions for Boeing 777-300ER fleet
6. Solutions: Upgrade 15x Boeing 777-300ER Premium Laurel seats and AVOD
7. Notes: Not applicable

http://money.chinatimes.com/news/new...00170&cid=1203

12/10 - New route to Zhengzhou
12/18 - New route to Jinan
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue
----------------------

Last edited by Dave Z; Jan 22, 2011 at 8:40 am
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by Dave Z
we
Dave, from this and your other posts you're obviously an EVA insider! I'm curious to know a little more about your job.... Really good to have an insider onboard....

(Agree with your opinion about PL seats. Biggest problem I have is comfort, whether or not they are horizontal. They are just too hard.)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:40 pm

I just hope they don't mess up the upgrade by using Singapore Air's new sumo-size business class seats(which are very uncomfortable).
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:48 pm

-----------------------

Last edited by Dave Z; Jan 22, 2011 at 8:39 am
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:15 pm

i really see how far behind we are. .

wow... understatement of the decade?

when I started working for my company, I was a lowly associate who had to fly coach almost everywhere.(unless the flight is over 8 hours long) a few years ago, I had a small promotion that raise my salary just 7 percent. However, the bigger perk was that I became eligible to fly business class on all international flights.(even short international flights between Tokyo and Seoul ) The hardest flights are those 14-hour(or more) TPAC flights. Even in Singapore Air's new business class seats, the trip is just barely comfortable.

IMHO, the only way to fly in comfort is in a private jet, which I've done just once from Anchorage to Hong Kong.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Great seeing another airline insider on FT!
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by FlyingGambler
I just hope they don't mess up the upgrade by using Singapore Air's new sumo-size business class seats(which are very uncomfortable).
They're not comfortable? Those seats are popular with travellers and seem very decent and spacious in pictures. I'd like to try out one day as I primarily fly AA and CX.

Great that BR's upgrading business class seats (FINALLY!!) and hopefully this time seats will go TRUELY FLAT. There's no mentioning regarding what type of seats they'll be adapting but the article does say that they're working with a French company. Huh, interesting...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Serg_2012
They're not comfortable? Those seats are popular with travellers and seem very decent and spacious in pictures. I'd like to try out one day as I primarily fly AA and CX.

Great that BR's upgrading business class seats (FINALLY!!) and hopefully this time seats will go TRUELY FLAT. There's no mentioning regarding what type of seats they'll be adapting but the article does say that they're working with a French company. Huh, interesting...
sorry, I should have been more clear. The new SQ business class seat is great for sleeping. Unfortunately, I find it really uncomfortable when sitting(and trying to work). It was like sitting on tree stump with sponge cake cushion.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingGambler
sorry, I should have been more clear. The new SQ business class seat is great for sleeping. Unfortunately, I find it really uncomfortable when sitting(and trying to work). It was like sitting on tree stump with sponge cake cushion.
Unfortunately, i've been stuck at the back of the bus the 2 trips i've been on SQ for (though A380 Y is a very nice place to be, especially with the impeccable service). I've heard that the new J seat is so wide you can't put both arms on the armrests at the same time
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I'll look forward to trying the new seat out!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 8:47 am

says that seats and AVOD upgrade will be completed late 2011 into early 2012.

Last edited by Serg_2012; Nov 21, 2010 at 8:01 pm Reason: made sure the date was correct
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
People say that the SQ Business Class seats are too wide, making them uncomfortable.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Serg_2012
says that seats and AVOD upgrade will be completed late 2011 into early 2012.

"...長榮航空也決議,將進行15架777-300ER客機桂冠艙座椅更換及影視系統更新等改艙作業,將採用法系品牌廠商產品,預計明年底後年初完成。 長榮強調,將可提升競爭力及777-300ER機隊服務品質..."

I wonder what this French seat company is. I guess they are ditching the Japanese company that falsefied the records?

I wonder if they were planning on this already or had to do this because of the debacle. It seems a little too soon for them to do the revamp - it is needed but just a little too soon by their standard, it seems.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you happen to look outside on the ramp at our gate you may see me as the solitary BR employee amongst all the American Airlines staff.
Does the company require you to wave good-bye to the planes after they are pushed out? I have not flown BR for a long time but it seemed that was what they did the first many years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.