Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2023, 12:09 pm

Searched Reddit and saw a few posts saying that it's basically impossible to get EY to confirm seats on SN / Brussels Airlines. Has anyone ticketed on SN using EY miles recently? And if so, do they charge the exorbitant fuel surcharge on that flight ($850 per ITA on JFK-BRU in business)?

Other than SN, does EY charge fuel surcharges on all airlines if the partner airline imposes it? YQ + YR or just one of them?

AA also has YQ/YR charges, at least on TATL routes, but from what I can gather EY doesn't seem to pass those through on awards?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 6:06 am

Are EF availabilities not valid of Etihad Guest redemption. If I check for X and I class on EF, when available it is also svailable on A3 but never on Etihad Guest for an NH award redemption... any suggestions on how to check Etihad Guest award availabiility>
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by kevinang
Just want to share some experience booking on ANA with Etihad guest miles. I called yesterday to check the availability on the flights from Tokyo to North America. It's clear that no agents in UAE could see availability on NH even though the seats showed up on United. Not sure if this is because they don't know how to process the booking or if there was a system glitch. I even asked them about the Economy seats, but they said none were available. Note that it's not just one agent but every other agent from UAE said so. After HUCA, I got an agent in their Serbia call center, who could see the available seats which clearly reflected the one on the United website. She helped me secure those seats.

Further, as the tax and fees have increased significantly, I would like to discuss this with my family before going ahead with the payment. She could also hold the booking for 24 hours for me. She said that with the PNRs, any agent should be able to process the payment on the next day.

Today I called Etihad again to complete my payment. The first agent, based in UAE, said that he needed to confirm the availability again even if I provided the confirmed PNR. After a long hold, he got back to me saying that the seat was not available. I tried to tell him that there is no need to confirm the seat again since the last seats have been taken by this particular booking. He said there is no way he could process the booking if he cannot see the availability. I was speechless. So HUCA it was. Luckily, the same agent in Serbia picked up my call, it took me a while to recognize that she was the same agent I spoke to yesterday. Of course, she helped me complete the payment and I got the confirmation email right away.
Same experience here. I checked the same seat availability for redemption on SQ's KrisFlyer and ANA Mileage Club's website for the same date of travel on ANA Economy Class. Etihad says no seat available, even for the entire month, 10 months away.
Now even GuestSeats are not available for redemption. I really suspect all these redemption tables are for show only. Partner airlines and Etihad's GuestSeats redemption are not available at all!! Feels like a scam!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 12:35 pm

What's with agents saying customers must wait until 24 hours before flight departure to call and book awards on partners ?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
What's with agents saying customers must wait until 24 hours before flight departure to call and book awards on partners ?
LOL
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:47 am

Tried to book a partner redemption over phone and at final stage of booking agent told me my account was 'suspended' and to email [email protected] to reactivate it. Said I would then be able to book partner awards online!

Seems like nonsense given I can log into my account fine and had activity last year. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FormalHall
Tried to book a partner redemption over phone and at final stage of booking agent told me my account was 'suspended' and to email [email protected] to reactivate it. Said I would then be able to book partner awards online!

Seems like nonsense given I can log into my account fine and had activity last year. Anyone else have a similar issue?
I have done in the past and you only find out when you try so etching transactional. Takes days to unlock and you can lose upgrade seats etc and it is tough luck

As with most things, they just don't care
Old Apr 4, 2023, 8:58 am

Seems like Etihad is just lipstick (luxurious first class) on a pig (awful customer service)
Dogmatick likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Supposedly AA Awards can be booked on the website now.

Anyone had any luck with this?

I can select any city in the departure box but once selected there only appear to be about 6 cities in the arrival box available for booking. I was looking SAN SFO if it matters.

Under 500 mile redemptions on AA look to be 10k in Biz Class which is what i ended up paying w Alaska. Calling in showed no availabity.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Supposedly AA Awards can be booked on the website now.

Anyone had any luck with this?

I can select any city in the departure box but once selected there only appear to be about 6 cities in the arrival box available for booking. I was looking SAN SFO if it matters.

Under 500 mile redemptions on AA look to be 10k in Biz Class which is what i ended up paying w Alaska. Calling in showed no availabity.
Fwiw, what I've noticed is that it only shows the non-stop destinations from my local airport. I have a suspicion this is related to pricing awards per segment.
seychellesbound likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Etihad's website now allows awards bookings online for the following airlines :

Air France
Air New Zealand
Air Canada
American Airlines
KLM
Malaysia Airlines
Sri Lankan
Virgin Australia
Royal Air Maroc

Now they need to fix the awards pricing going up but it's good to be able to book online.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 6:01 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I'm looking to book CMH-PHL which is 406 miles so should be 6000/10,000.

Pricing it online shows 6000/20000.

The 20k would correspond to the 501-1000 mile band of the chart.

Anyone else seen similar issues? Would calling fix this up?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I found AA saver for two segments (BNA-DFW and DFW-FCO). When I do OW through, it says no availability. Each segment shows up separately. When I try multi city, says nothing available. Is this a married segment issue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.