Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by kurtz9
So sorry for bumping a post from like 3 years ago, but none of the more recent posts seem to clarify this.

Since AA no longer shows what is a saver award-- how do you find out what's bookable for AA flights using Etihad points?

Would it only be flights that show up on other AA partners like BA.com?

I'm looking to book business class on AA non-stop CLT->FRA sometime in the August/September timeframe, somewhat flexible on dates, but everything I find on "HEY USE ETIHAD IT IS CHEAPER THAN AA ITSELF" posts still cite the old AA website pre-dynamic-pricing on how to find availability
Qantas shows saver only awards. best to use that. I'm looking to book DFW to CDG and LHR to DFW. I can confirm it's available but when I called, they cant confirm Tax/fuel charge and said only when I finish booking will I know. Keep in mind to CDG should be $5 and return from LHR should be $200 as per AA. But if you booked via Qantas, its a lot more and via BA its a lot more too.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:15 am

Fuel Charge / Taxes for AA flights to Europe (LHR / CDG)

Hey guys,

First time attempting to use MR to EY to book on AA flight.
DFW to CDG 30K + $5 in fees as on AA
LHR to DFW 30K + $200 in fees as on AA

I called EY and they confirmed availability of the flights but would not confirm or quote Tax/Fees and said because it's a partner booking, they cant tell you till the booking is done. (kind of like going in blind). Can anyone confirm this is true? Should I HUCA?

Can anyone whom have booked flights from US to Europe and back, especially from LHR confirm if the taxes/fees are the same as what it would show on AA or would it be more like BA fees/taxes or any other partner airlines like Qantas?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:59 am

Hi all, first post.

I am trying to book IAD-CMN on Royal Air Maroc using EY miles. I have found availability on my selected dates in both Y and J on both AA.com and Qantas.com. However, there is no availability on expert flyer. I called Etihad Guest and they could not see the availability.

Does anyone have an idea why there is the discrepancy between expertflyer, AA, and Qantas? Also, does anyone have any experience booking Royal Air Maroc in recent months? Here and reddit don't have much recent information.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Hey guys,

First time attempting to use MR to EY to book on AA flight.
DFW to CDG 30K + $5 in fees as on AA
LHR to DFW 30K + $200 in fees as on AA

I called EY and they confirmed availability of the flights but would not confirm or quote Tax/Fees and said because it's a partner booking, they cant tell you till the booking is done. (kind of like going in blind). Can anyone confirm this is true? Should I HUCA?

Can anyone whom have booked flights from US to Europe and back, especially from LHR confirm if the taxes/fees are the same as what it would show on AA or would it be more like BA fees/taxes or any other partner airlines like Qantas?
I paid around $300 from LHR and $25 to.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I paid around $300 from LHR and $25 to.
Wow. around 300 from LHR is the same taxes and fees as on BA site. BA shows 325.37 for the LHR to DFW leg. Where as it's $202.47 on AA site. Whats the point then booking with EY if taxes are actually higher than AA. I read on a couple of different bloggers that it was supposed be lower than BA.

Were you able to confirm fees/taxes prior to booking the flight while on the phone with EY?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. around 300 from LHR is the same taxes and fees as on BA site. BA shows 325.37 for the LHR to DFW leg. Where as it's $202.47 on AA site. Whats the point then booking with EY if taxes are actually higher than AA. I read on a couple of different bloggers that it was supposed be lower than BA.

Were you able to confirm fees/taxes prior to booking the flight while on the phone with EY?
Here are the breakdown of the taxes

GBP 180.00 GB (AIR PASSENGER DUTY)
GBP 4 2.07 UB (PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE -
DOMEST IC / INTERNAT IONAL)
GBP 14 .4 0 US2 (US INTERNAT IONAL
T RANSPORTAT ION TAX)
GBP 4 .60 YC (US CUST OMS USER FEE)
GBP 5.30 XY2 (XY2)
GBP 3.00 XA (US APHIS USER FEE)
Old Mar 26, 2022, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Here are the breakdown of the taxes

was this for a premium seat? I can almost replicate these fees for premium Econ or biz. standard economy is coming to about 180gbp via it’s matrix
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was this for a premium seat? I can almost replicate these fees for premium Econ or biz. standard economy is coming to about 180gbp via it’s matrix
Yeah this was for Biz.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Has anyone been able to reach Etihad Guest via the US Phone Number? I keep calling but it redirects us me to the UAE call center for cash bookings even though I press option 4, then option 3, then option 1 (Etihad Guest miles bookings).
Old Apr 4, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Looking to book a pair of IAD-AUH (and maybe stop over then route to MLE) on F via AP. Aiming for Feb 24 2023, so far seeing availability up to Feb 16th 2023. I noticed crawling back on the awards availability they don't seem to release F on Fridays? Hoping this isn't the case. Anyone see F on Fridays before (and not T-14)?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, Club Carlson, AA, UA, AS, SQ, AF
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Looking to book a pair of IAD-AUH (and maybe stop over then route to MLE) on F via AP. Aiming for Feb 24 2023, so far seeing availability up to Feb 16th 2023. I noticed crawling back on the awards availability they don't seem to release F on Fridays? Hoping this isn't the case. Anyone see F on Fridays before (and not T-14)?
Just brainstorming here, but maybe it's the aircraft used on the schedule and it doesn't have a first class?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by merice107107
Just brainstorming here, but maybe it's the aircraft used on the schedule and it doesn't have a first class?
I guess that depends on how accurate the seatmap on EF is. It’s showing a first class cabin with only two seats blocked off for Feb 24th (EY130).
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:07 pm

Looking to book AA transcon F using Etihad Guest miles for myself and a friend (who is not a family member). Can I use Etihad Guest miles directly from my account to book for said friend or do I need to transfer the miles to said friend first?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:10 pm

I booked for my family of 4. but who's to say that is not your friend. I dont see why not. You can call and confirm before transferring the MR points. Also confirm the fees. For me, it was still a bit more than AA quoted on fees and that was Econ, not F.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: HH, IHG
Originally Posted by RichInTransit
Hi all, first post.

I am trying to book IAD-CMN on Royal Air Maroc using EY miles. I have found availability on my selected dates in both Y and J on both AA.com and Qantas.com. However, there is no availability on expert flyer. I called Etihad Guest and they could not see the availability.

Does anyone have an idea why there is the discrepancy between expertflyer, AA, and Qantas? Also, does anyone have any experience booking Royal Air Maroc in recent months? Here and reddit don't have much recent information.
Not gonna happen. Etihad has weird access to their partners' seats and it doesn't match what AS or AA show as available, nor what EF shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.