Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by MaxVO
I recall somebody posted awhile ago that the default US number usually connects to the Serbian Call Center (+1 877-690-0767).
Otherwise perhaps this number: +381 (0)800.190.561 (not sure if (0) is needed)
wow this US number is great no wait if i call the Australian EY# hold for hours
refunded a VA award no CXL fee just loss of 10% miles miles were due t oexpire Feb20 told they will now be valid til Feb21 due to COVID19
Pleas ebe safe and healthy everyone and limit your movements!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by cbourl
wow this US number is great no wait if i call the Australian EY# hold for hours
refunded a VA award no CXL fee just loss of 10% miles miles were due t oexpire Feb20 told they will now be valid til Feb21 due to COVID19
Pleas ebe safe and healthy everyone and limit your movements!
I'm in the same boat with VA award. Haven't called in yet.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP IHG Diamond Marriott Gold Hilton Diamond
Any thoughts on if Air Serbia will fly their Belgrade/JFK route in the summer? Seems like a pretty low yield route. Have a ticket on them for mid-June.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by jiaogulan
I was just able to easily book an Oman Airways partner award using Guest miles using their 1-800 call center. Call-in availability mirrored award availability showing on Oman Airways' website. Taxes and fees were 68.80 Omani rials for a flight from Muscat to Bangkok in business class.

The points were instantly transferred from AMEX MR to the Guest program as well. The booking email confirmation from Etihad included both their PNR, and the Oman Airways PNR used to select my seat online.
I heard that Oman Air First class can't be booked using Etihad miles any more. Is this true? The Etihad award chart shows Oman Air First redemption..
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:50 pm

Finally got through on the US# but the agent couldn't see the J availability I was seeing on United's site. Maybe phantom award space? This was for a flight on Brussels airline.

For what it's worth, I found the award space on Aeroplan as well.

Last edited by AnthonyGT; Jan 5, 2022 at 2:59 pm Reason: Added note
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hillton Lifetime DM, Delta DM MM
I too tried to book Brussels airline seats in biz. United, Lifemiles and Aeroplan all show at least 2 seats available for biz. I called and an agent told me there was 4 seats available so i moved 88k amex points over to book. Once my points were moved, the agent said she could not confirm and that even though it shows 4 seats does not mean there is any seats..... So now i have moved points over with the promise of open seats only to be told they cannot confirm..... This seem ridiculous....
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tootalltraveler
This seem ridiculous....
Welcome to Etihad guest.
mlqsko and belkinr like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 5:52 pm

Time to HUCA (and likely again… and again…). I had to call 7 times to book GRU-JFK in J on AA with Etihad miles today - seats were clearly available in Expert Flyer and OneWorld partners, but 5 of the agents claimed there was no availability. A 6th agent (erroneously) told me that my desired JFK-DCA 2nd leg was not bookable due to it being an American Eagle flight “operated by Republic Airways”. The last agent (whom I ended up making the booking with) was able to find both flights with ease but I hadn’t been aware they are now charging segment by segment on AA so I just opted to pay the rather cheap cash fare on my final segment rather than an additional 12.5k Etihad miles.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by belkinr
I hadn’t been aware they are now charging segment by segment on AA .
Yeah they have been doing that for a while now.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:42 am

Good morning,

I am new here, so please forgive me if this isn't the right thread for this question, though I feel as though it's pertinent. I am attempting to book a business class fare on an AA flight in mid-March using Etihad Guest miles, but after speaking on the phone with a representative, I learned that they do not (yet?) have availability given to them by American for any flight in March. This is despite what is showing on ExpertFlyer as J7 availability for many of these flights, including the original one that I searched.

I subsequently asked the Etihad agent if they had any availability in February, to which she responded no, after looking. She implied that they aren't given availability by American until the date of departure is much closer to the current date, and informed me that they had some availability for flights this week.

My question is, is this true that American doesn't offer Etihad reward availability until the last minute, so to speak? And if so, what's the general consensus on how soon that becomes available? What's the best strategy for me here?

Appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks a bunch!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by zomall
... I am attempting to book a business class fare on an AA flight in mid-March using Etihad Guest miles, but after speaking on the phone with a representative, I learned that they do not (yet?) have availability given to them by American for any flight in March. This is despite what is showing on ExpertFlyer as J7 availability for many of these flights, including the original one that I searched...
Welcome to FT! I've actually experienced the same issue with other AA partners since AA award became fully market based. The lowest priced award bucket appears to be visible to partners, and nothing else. It could be due to EY, BA, etc having a fixed award pricing.
I'm rather doubtful about the EY agent's last day claim, but actually have a recent DP that's consistent with it. I was recently stranded at a major AA hub, and was able to book Business award flight on AA using BA Avios for a flight departing within hours. It was a real bargain too for a full flight.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by zomall
My question is, is this true that American doesn't offer Etihad reward availability until the last minute, so to speak? And if so, what's the general consensus on how soon that becomes available? What's the best strategy for me here?
Based on my experience a couple posts above yours, I would not take this at face value at all. Many, many Etihad agents have no idea what they are doing when it comes to booking AA awards and will erroneously tell you that no space is available. HUCA (hang up, call again) until you find someone who knows what they are doing.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: HH, IHG
Did you ever get a seat? I see seats on EF & United and phone agent saw them. She went to confirm, took all my info, then said "When I requested them, Brussels has unconfirmed them." And that was it.

Originally Posted by tootalltraveler
I too tried to book Brussels airline seats in biz. United, Lifemiles and Aeroplan all show at least 2 seats available for biz. I called and an agent told me there was 4 seats available so i moved 88k amex points over to book. Once my points were moved, the agent said she could not confirm and that even though it shows 4 seats does not mean there is any seats..... So now i have moved points over with the promise of open seats only to be told they cannot confirm..... This seem ridiculous....

Last edited by currid7; Mar 14, 2022 at 12:31 pm Reason: added quote
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
On the first screen to book flights, make sure you tick the box "Redeem Miles".
On the second screen containing the calendar and dynamic miles requirements, press the light blue button with the text "Business/First MileSAAver".

So sorry for bumping a post from like 3 years ago, but none of the more recent posts seem to clarify this.

Since AA no longer shows what is a saver award-- how do you find out what's bookable for AA flights using Etihad points?

Would it only be flights that show up on other AA partners like BA.com?

I'm looking to book business class on AA non-stop CLT->FRA sometime in the August/September timeframe, somewhat flexible on dates, but everything I find on "HEY USE ETIHAD IT IS CHEAPER THAN AA ITSELF" posts still cite the old AA website pre-dynamic-pricing on how to find availability
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by kurtz9
Would it only be flights that show up on other AA partners like BA.com?
I would assume so. Find a sample AA flight showing up on BA, give EY a call and see if they see it. HUCA a few times if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.