Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
This is so wired. I called etihad hotline to redeem MH flight from SIN to KUL, it is said.
1. Single way is 7000 Miles
But from website below:
https://www.etihadguest.com/en/spend...-airlines.html
From the table, it is highlight as "The values in the table below are for return journeys only" and "One-way tickets are permitted"
2. Only can redeem within 24 hours. "You can redeem your miles for reward flights by contacting the Etihad Guest Service Centre 24 hours before your date of departure"
English is not my first language, but I dont believe, it means, you cannot redeem flight more than 1 day advanced right?
3. Stopovers is for returen or single way? The agent cannot tell me which one...
  • Stopovers are permitted; Malaysian Airlines will not provide hotel accommodation. Open Jaws are not permitted
I would like to know are these questions repled by the agent is correct or not?
Old May 14, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, AS Gold
Originally Posted by brsm
So I went through this thread and got this table for YQ charges on Award flights

Air Serbia ------- Domestic International 0

Gol -------------- Domestic 0 International

Asiana --------- Domestic International 0

Bangkok Airways - Domestic 0? International $

Hainan ----------- Domestic 0 International

Virgin Australia -- Domestic International 0

Oman Air --------- Domestic International $

Air Seychelles ----- Domestic International 0?

American Airlines - Domestic International 0

Czech Airlines ------ Domestic International $

Brussels Airlines - Domestic International 0

ANA ---------------- Domestic International $?

Jet Airways ------- Domestic 0? International $?

Feel free to edit...
MH yes for both domestic and International
Old May 15, 2022, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by hellointer
... flight from SIN to KUL, ...
1. Single way is 7000 Miles
Before you invest much time pursuing this route -- 7,000 miles (and valued at ~ $70) in economy is not exactly a bargain for such a short hop.
You can probably buy a ticket for half that amount.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: Etihad Gold
How much did they quote for taxes on MH for that flight?
Old Jun 17, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
Just want to share some experience booking on ANA with Etihad guest miles. I called yesterday to check the availability on the flights from Tokyo to North America. It's clear that no agents in UAE could see availability on NH even though the seats showed up on United. Not sure if this is because they don't know how to process the booking or if there was a system glitch. I even asked them about the Economy seats, but they said none were available. Note that it's not just one agent but every other agent from UAE said so. After HUCA, I got an agent in their Serbia call center, who could see the available seats which clearly reflected the one on the United website. She helped me secure those seats.

Further, as the tax and fees have increased significantly, I would like to discuss this with my family before going ahead with the payment. She could also hold the booking for 24 hours for me. She said that with the PNRs, any agent should be able to process the payment on the next day.

Today I called Etihad again to complete my payment. The first agent, based in UAE, said that he needed to confirm the availability again even if I provided the confirmed PNR. After a long hold, he got back to me saying that the seat was not available. I tried to tell him that there is no need to confirm the seat again since the last seats have been taken by this particular booking. He said there is no way he could process the booking if he cannot see the availability. I was speechless. So HUCA it was. Luckily, the same agent in Serbia picked up my call, it took me a while to recognize that she was the same agent I spoke to yesterday. Of course, she helped me complete the payment and I got the confirmation email right away.
mlqsko, MaxVO and 36902BRF like this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:35 am

Same experience here, only without ever getting a booking confirmation for the ANA flight. I was trying to book a business class flight in October on ANA with miles. After transferring my Amex Miles to Etihad, the flight was not bookable anymore. Very frustrating experience.
tootalltraveler likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:37 am

There used to be a direct phone for the Serbian call center? Also, I think they had it closed during the worst of the pandemic. The UAE agents are absolutely useless.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
There used to be a direct phone for the Serbian call center? Also, I think they had it closed during the worst of the pandemic. The UAE agents are absolutely useless.
Yeah. It felt as if they either have no clue about what they are doing or just hate their job.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 11:12 pm

Any recent experiences with ANA bookings? Are the UAE agents still having a difficult time seeing available seats? I'm looking for economy seats so hoping that will be better. How is Etihad with taxes and fees for ANA? I did a search on ITX Matrix to get an idea so I'm wondering if what I'm seeing on ITX Matrix is what Etihad will charge or more. Thank you!
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
BRU based here. Got 18k miles to spend. I have been calling to EtihadGuest support every week for 2 months now to find me a seat on any date within the next 3 months from BRU to PRG, DUB, BER, HAM, CDG. Every time they tell me there is no availability. Some agents are searching for over 10 minutes before letting me know that there isn't any seat available. How am I able to use my miles if there is zero availability over probably the lowest season ever possible...?
Miles expire in March but I'm clueless.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:18 pm

Does the Manchester call center still exist? In the past there were occasional good comments about their agents.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:31 pm

Just got the Indian call center and they are terrible. I also asked the agent the same question, find me any flight any time in coach from now until end of schedule, just one seat and they can't find anything.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Does the Manchester call center still exist? In the past there were occasional good comments about their agents.
You need the Serbian call center if you want something done properly.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You need the Serbian call center if you want something done properly.
Sorry I misred your Post 517 earlier. Thought the call center itself was shut down, instead of just the direct line.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 11:49 am

Does EY charge YQ on SN BRU-JFK in C? ITA does show YQ on that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.