Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2023, 12:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by a.tall.guy
Do the bulkhead seats in J on A380 (23 E/F or 7 E/F) have wider footwells? Any downsides to choosing these seats? Debating those vs. 9 E/F otherwise.
No, the footwells are the same in these rows (as are all footwells).
My personal preference when travelling with mrs t is 23 E/F. The smaller cabin gives a more private feel, the main cabin is a bit ‘dormitory’ like.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:07 am

Which business seats on the A380 allow good views out the window?

The wing seems huge and most of the window seat views are blocked by the wing?

Only those seats at the back?

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2023, 7:40 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Which business seats on the A380 allow good views out the window?

The wing seems huge and most of the window seat views are blocked by the wing?

Only those seats at the back?

Thanks
This website shows excellent seat maps: https://www.aerolopa.com/ek-38l-2
If you choose the smaller J cabin at the back you will see behind the wing.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 9:07 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Sitting in row 1 (1A) on the A380 for the first time in probably 10 years. It’s miraculous that I’ve been able to secure rows 2 or 3 every flight. (Thank you expert flyer!) Unfortunately was not as lucky today, as this flight was booked solid in F for months.
Anyway, wow this seat really does feel worse than the rest. Lack of storage on the side against the fuselage, feels narrower, and the exposed view of the showers.
I think I would prefer one of the E/F seats over 1A or 1K. Haven’t ever sat in row 4, but wonder if the slight galley noise is worth it instead of the downfalls of row 1.

Edit: This was the worst sleep I've had in EK F. Even in bed mode, the seat felt more narrow and I couldn't find a comfortable position. Will definitely be avoiding 1A/1K
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.

Last edited by S.R; Dec 21, 2023 at 12:42 am
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
This website shows excellent seat maps: https://www.aerolopa.com/ek-38l-2
If you choose the smaller J cabin at the back you will see behind the wing.

When in J, 23A.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:30 pm

Is there ever an issue with meal selection if you are further back in the smaller J cabin? Do they run out of first choice options by the time they get back there?
Old Feb 6, 2024, 2:58 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by dharps
Is there ever an issue with meal selection if you are further back in the smaller J cabin? Do they run out of first choice options by the time they get back there?
You mean on the A380?
They do not start right at the front with taking orders and work to the back, I think it is done in 2 or 3 'sections'.
My preferred seat is 23A or K when I travel alone (23 E/F when with Mrs t) That's the front of the smaller cabin. I have never not had my first choice, but Mrs t has had to use her Gold status once to get her first choice. So it does happen, but I find in general that on EK you have a pretty good chance to get your first choice of meal.
dharps likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:58 am

Does (economy) seat 68A on the A380 have aisle access *forwards*, going besides the two seats in front and out?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:02 am

Yes, which is why it's my favourite EK Y seat anywhere.
23kumquats likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:20 am

Programs: JB Mosaic 4, DL Diamond, Marriot Gold, National Executive Elite
Booking a flight for 4 (wife and her parents who are older) JFK-MXP on the 380 in J and the date I am looking at, all of the E/F seats are booked in the large cabin, there 23&25 are open in the rear cabin, but everything I read says that 25 tends to be noisy and I also read that the rear cabin doesnt disembark with the rest of F and J. I was thinking of doing 12B, 14A, 15B, &16A to keep us all together. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.