Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
I've read through the vast bulk of this thread and managed to get a pretty good idea of what seats are good, so i'm really just looking for a "head check" by the wise people here to make sure i'm on the right track, and to ask a couple of questions by those who have more knowledge than me.

Emirates and Qantas are carrying some sale fares at the moment flying Trans-Tasman (AKL to SYD, MEL or BNE) on their A380s which carry on to DXB. I took the opportunity to snap up a couple of tickets in First AKL-SYD for NZ$1000 each (about 3000 AED).

Because it is a pretty short flight i'd quite like to sit next to the window rather than the centre seats with my wife, so that'd mean putting her either in front of me or behind me. The only seats unavailable at the moment are seats 1A and 2A; 3E and 3F are bassinet seats; and 3K and 4K are listed as disability access seats.

Other posters here have suggested row 2, so i've taken seat 2K for myself. This would mean seating my wife in 1K (great for the surprise factor - she doesn't know we're flying First). But I have read on here row 1 is narrower than the other rows. Can someone here advise how much narrower, and how much these seats should be avoided? It's a relatively short flight (3.5 hours) but it's her first time in First so i'd like it to be a good experience.

The other option would be putting her in 3K (behind me), but i'm worried that she'd get bumped from that seat in the event they need it for someone with a disability.

Or would I be better off selecting seats 3A and 4A, despite them being right at the back of the cabin?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I believe that 3F is also for disabled travelers. I would stick with 2K and 3K. I think it is extremely unlikely your wife would be moved.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:50 pm

Advice re seats

Hello,

Sorry to bother you again but I have selected the following seats for my flights to Trivandrum and back again and please could you tell me whether they are any good (or absolute dogs) - sadly I can only afford to travel in business on the way back.

EK008 on 28 March - 47C front cabin or is there any better in Y
EK522 on 28 March - 8D or should I swap to 12B
EK521 on 5 April - have booked 2J but should I swap to 3D
EK005 on 5 April - 9K

Thank you very much for any pointers etc.

LotsC
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:44 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
On EK8, you might get a whole row to yourself if you book at the back of the plane. Depends on when you're travelling. If you're travelling next month you should probably stick with what you've got. If you're traveling early/mid March, the rear Y cabin is usually empty.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 8:35 am

Thank you....I am flying at the end of March, are the seats any good?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:20 am

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by LotsC
Thank you....I am flying at the end of March, are the seats any good?
It should be OK.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by dusordua
Dear Mogensen:

you will need lot of information gathered by other Ek-flyers, to get all different seats and configurations of the EK fleet.
Because EK gives not this information (they know that their seats are below average), it is important to make the work ourselves.

I just returned from a flight to Melbourne. DUS-DXB and DXB-MEL in J-class, the return legs in Y-Class. The aircrafts used were an A340-300 and A340-500.
Let me start today with my report about the A340-300.
The giving informations are my own observations (yes, I took a measuring device with me - don't ask me, what my wife thought about this: she was looking for a seat away from me).

A340-300 Business Class:

Seating: 2-3-2
Seat pitch: 54" = 137 cm (the pitch of all bulkhead seats is around 50".).
Seat width: 18" = 46 cm
Seat recline: 11" = 28 cm (EK-information)
TV screen: 14" = 35,5 cm

My opinion:
Same business class seats like on the A330-200. Comfortable for day flights up to 8 hours. Not comfortable on night flights, when you like to find some sleep (too narrow, recline is not good enough).

A340-300 Economy class:

Seating: 2-4-2 (EK says they have 2-4-3 too - I never saw it and hope I never will).
Seat pitch: 31" = 79 cm
Seat width: 17,5" = 44,5 cm
Seat recline: 6" = 15 cm (EK-information)
TV-screen: 6" = 15 cm (EK says 6,5" = 16,5 cm).

My opinion:
I think the 340-300 seats are the most comfortable economy seats in the whole EK fleet (still nothing to write home about).
EK received their A340-300s from Singapore Airlines and I think in economy they only changed the cover of the seats to EK-colours. The IFE-system in the seats is different than on other Ek-aircrafts.

Best seats:
bulkhead row 16 and row 27 (exit seats in row 27 have lot of leg room). The problem: normaly you can not reserve bulkhead and exit row seats in advance.
Be aware:
There is an equipment box for the IFE under every window seat (A/K) and every aisle seat in the middle row (D/G), which limits the foot room under seats in front of you. But on this aircraft the box is much smaller than on other EK aircrafts, it takes only about 20% of the available room away.

This is all information I gathered about the A340-300. May be someone else can comment about first class.
Next time I will give information about the A340-500.
How about FC 380?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by edgewood49
How about FC 380?
All A380s have the Suites - if you take a look at the trip reports forum there are many EK F Suites trip reports with pictures that give an accurate impression of the cabin. YMMV about how you feel about the seat's suitability for sleeping on/width etc. etc.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
I know conventional wisdom suggests 2K is the most preferred suite in the A380 and I am happy to report I have snagged that for DXB-LHR. However, I have a CPT-DXB on 777-300ER still and currently have booked 1A, but are there any "best choices" or "must avoids" (I know this is relative in an EK Suite!) that I should be aware of?

Cheers
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by lowside67
I know conventional wisdom suggests 2K is the most preferred suite in the A380 and I am happy to report I have snagged that for DXB-LHR. However, I have a CPT-DXB on 777-300ER still and currently have booked 1A, but are there any "best choices" or "must avoids" (I know this is relative in an EK Suite!) that I should be aware of?

Cheers
We have 2 E/F traveling with wife. LAX 380

Last edited by edgewood49; Jun 3, 2014 at 7:47 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by lowside67

Cheers
Not much difference in the suites on the 777 (there are only 2 rows anyway). However, I prefer Row 1 for the following reasons.
1. First to get off.
2. Closer to the Galley in case you want to get anything.
3. More private feeling even with the doors open. In 2A and 2K, you can see the J cabin unless the curtain is fully drawn (and they can see you).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Thank you to both of you for your input. I will stick with 1A at this point.

Cheers
Old Jun 12, 2014, 6:39 am

Suggestions?

I am taking the following flights tomorrow, any recommendations about what preferred seats i should take....i have seen 68A / 68K81A/81K as the preferred ones is that correct? - have a tall boyfriend so more leg room is essential:

EK 097 - Dubai to Rome
EK 098 - Rome to Dubai

regards
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:28 am

68A/68K & 81A/81K are indeed amongst the best, however they're classified as exit row seats so not available until you're at the airport check in desk.

Best advice is to get there early and request exit row seats - you might both get one that way.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:42 pm

Thank you, hopefully will get in time for those seats then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.