FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The ultimate Emirates seating guide
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:02 pm
DomesticGoddess

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
I've read through the vast bulk of this thread and managed to get a pretty good idea of what seats are good, so i'm really just looking for a "head check" by the wise people here to make sure i'm on the right track, and to ask a couple of questions by those who have more knowledge than me.

Emirates and Qantas are carrying some sale fares at the moment flying Trans-Tasman (AKL to SYD, MEL or BNE) on their A380s which carry on to DXB. I took the opportunity to snap up a couple of tickets in First AKL-SYD for NZ$1000 each (about 3000 AED).

Because it is a pretty short flight i'd quite like to sit next to the window rather than the centre seats with my wife, so that'd mean putting her either in front of me or behind me. The only seats unavailable at the moment are seats 1A and 2A; 3E and 3F are bassinet seats; and 3K and 4K are listed as disability access seats.

Other posters here have suggested row 2, so i've taken seat 2K for myself. This would mean seating my wife in 1K (great for the surprise factor - she doesn't know we're flying First). But I have read on here row 1 is narrower than the other rows. Can someone here advise how much narrower, and how much these seats should be avoided? It's a relatively short flight (3.5 hours) but it's her first time in First so i'd like it to be a good experience.

The other option would be putting her in 3K (behind me), but i'm worried that she'd get bumped from that seat in the event they need it for someone with a disability.

Or would I be better off selecting seats 3A and 4A, despite them being right at the back of the cabin?

Thanks for any advice you can give.