Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
ExpertFlyer issues

"Emirates award information is temporarily unavailable while we wait for our information vendor to fix an issue. Thank you for your understanding".

Hopefully resolved soon!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Moflav
"Emirates award information is temporarily unavailable while we wait for our information vendor to fix an issue. Thank you for your understanding".

Hopefully resolved soon!
Yeah not so happy about this right now but at least we can search EK's website (sort of) for rewards.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:11 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

The issue has been resolved, thank you for your patience.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:21 am

Expert Flyer not showing upgrade availability?

Has something changed in EF's ability to show upgrade availability on Emirates? I'm sure it used to work pretty well but I was searching yesterday for upgrades from Economy to Business on MAN-DXB and BHX-DXB in late Jan/ early Feb and literally couldn't find a single seat in fare class D (Saver award and upgrade), although there were plenty in class O (Flex award). But when I went to the Emirates website and put in a few of the same dates and routes I could find upgrade availability there, which I was able to book.

Has the EF system stopped working properly? Or am I seeing extra availability on the Emirates website because I'm logged in as a Gold member? Is there a better method of finding these upgrade seats?

Thanks!

Last edited by Bossarb; Nov 21, 2019 at 12:57 am
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:26 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Bossarb
Has something changed in EF's ability to show upgrade availability on Emirates? I'm sure it used to work pretty well but I was searching yesterday for upgrades from Economy to Business on MAN-DXB and BHX-DXB in late Jan/ early Feb and literally couldn't find a single seat in fare class D (Saver award and upgrade), although there were plenty in class O (Flex award). But when I went to the Emirates website and put in a few of the same dates and routes I could find upgrade availability there, which I was able to book.

Has the EF system stopped working properly? Or am I seeing extra availability on the Emirates website because I'm logged in as a Gold member? Is there a better method of finding these upgrade seats?

Thanks!
There definitely seems to be something wrong with award / upgrade availability on EF. I searched for Z availability the other day, nothing showed up. Decided to put in an alert: immediately got the email to confirm that Z was available. Thought that maybe something had come up in the minute between checking and activating the alert so checked again. Nothing. Submitted the alert again: Another email. This was earlier this week. So 'a better method' seems to be to set alerts (at least for now).
I'll try to contact EF to query this when I get a chance.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:55 am

Thanks. The problem with setting alerts is that on my usual London-Dubai route there are 11 flights per day and I might have flexibility across 3 days in each direction, so I'd need to set 200+ alerts individually! I hope EF can sort it out because as far as I know there is no independent site like rewardflightfinder nor a proper search facility on the Emirates website itself (unless I've missed that).
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Bossarb
Thanks. The problem with setting alerts is that on my usual London-Dubai route there are 11 flights per day and I might have flexibility across 3 days in each direction, so I'd need to set 200+ alerts individually! I hope EF can sort it out because as far as I know there is no independent site like rewardflightfinder nor a proper search facility on the Emirates website itself (unless I've missed that).
Any update from ExpertFlyer Voice ?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:14 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by thijsseh
There definitely seems to be something wrong with award / upgrade availability on EF. I searched for Z availability the other day, nothing showed up. Decided to put in an alert: immediately got the email to confirm that Z was available. Thought that maybe something had come up in the minute between checking and activating the alert so checked again. Nothing. Submitted the alert again: Another email. This was earlier this week. So 'a better method' seems to be to set alerts (at least for now).
I'll try to contact EF to query this when I get a chance.
Sounds like married segment logic, make sure your search is only for that segment which the alert is for.

There is no issue showing EK awards when available. If someone has a specific example please email us directly.

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing DXB on 12/27/19 12:00 AM for AMM
Flying EK on booking class Z D N

Frequency
Flight Stops Depart Arrive Aircraft Reliability Class Description Code Seats
0 Connections
EK 901 0 DXB AMM 77W Daily First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade Z Y
12/27/19 8:00 AM 12/27/19 9:40 AM 97% / 9m Business - Saver Award & Upgrade D Y
Economy - Saver Award N Y

0 Connections
EK 903 0 DXB AMM 77W Daily First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade Z Y
12/27/19 2:05 PM 12/27/19 3:30 PM 76% / 14m Business - Saver Award & Upgrade D Y

0 Connections
EK 905 0 DXB AMM 77W Daily First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade Z Y
12/27/19 10:15 PM 12/27/19 11:40 PM 97% / 9m Business - Saver Award & Upgrade D Y
Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:07 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Sounds like married segment logic, make sure your search is only for that segment which the alert is for.

There is no issue showing EK awards when available. If someone has a specific example please email us directly.

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing DXB on 12/27/19 12:00 AM for AMM
Flying EK on booking class Z D N

Frequency
Flight Stops Depart Arrive Aircraft Reliability Class Description Code Seats
0 Connections
EK 901 0 DXB AMM 77W Daily First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade Z Y
12/27/19 8:00 AM 12/27/19 9:40 AM 97% / 9m Business - Saver Award & Upgrade D Y

0 Connections
EK 903 0 DXB AMM 77W Daily First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade Z Y
12/27/19 2:05 PM 12/27/19 3:30 PM 76% / 14m Business - Saver Award & Upgrade D Y

0 Connections
EK 905 0 DXB AMM 77W Daily First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade Z Y
12/27/19 10:15 PM 12/27/19 11:40 PM 97% / 9m Business - Saver Award & Upgrade D Y
Yes, I agree that the problem I indicated seems to have been caused by married segment logic. I think (but I invite comments from people who understand this better than I do), that it has to do with the difference between awards and upgrades. We know that these come from the same fare buckets (Z for first and D for business), but awards are issued for the entire leg (i.e. all segments), whist upgrades are (or at least can be) issued on a ‘per segment’ basis. To clarify, one cannot book an award CPT/DXB/JFK in ‘mixed cabins’ (just like one cannot purchase a cash ticket ‘mixed’). But it is entirely possible to upgrade a single segment using Skywards (miles). So when one puts in a query CPT/DXB/JFK, one gets the married segment result: only a ‘yes’ when BOTH segments are available. Lesson: when looking for upgrades, search by segment (unless you really only want to upgrade the entire sector). I hope I have made this clear!

Last edited by thijsseh; Nov 27, 2019 at 1:09 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:53 am

My problem was nothing to do with married segments because it was a direct flight (two threads have been merged here). It was pretty simple: I looked for D fares on EF, couldn't see any for the days I needed but then went onto Emirates.com and they were there for precisely the same route and day and flight.

I will look again when I have time.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Isn't this the issue of different availabilities for different markets? ISTR ExpertFlyer uses the US availability for its searches. So, there may be nothing available for US, but plenty of availability for UK.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 1:59 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Isn't this the issue of different availabilities for different markets? ISTR ExpertFlyer uses the US availability for its searches. So, there may be nothing available for US, but plenty of availability for UK.

Do you mean POS (Point of Sale) here? You can set the POS in EF for quite a variety of markets.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Do you mean POS (Point of Sale) here? You can set the POS in EF for quite a variety of markets.
Indeed I did.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:11 am

That implies that there would be different availability for an upgrade fare class depending on POS. Is that really correct? I've never heard of that under any other airline loyalty program. Different fare pricing, sure - but different availability of a reward seat for the identical flight??
Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:28 am

[deleted]... theory about EF not seeing multiple seat availability in class D doesn't seem to be correct when I do more research...

Last edited by Bossarb; Nov 27, 2019 at 3:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.