Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I've asked this before, and you didn't reply from what I can tell.

When did the shouting and bawling occur? Before or after you'd been told that you needed to make any changes via AS?
I was not required to make changes exclusively through Alaska. If Emirates did the right thing, and said OK we’re going to put you on the 10:05 due to a serious of unfortunate events, they had the ability to do that.

The shouting from him at me began instaneous when he came out of his office and said I was a no show and when I asked how that’s possible if their busses got into accidents he started getting very nasty. Obviously people do not like their conclusions and rulings to be criticized, or or scrutinized which is what set him off.

but it was the manner in which way he was yelling. Like I said, I had to ask him to stop yelling and to calm down. I didn’t yell or say anything nasty because I knew that it was not in my best interest, and I thought at that time, he was the only one who could actually help me.

Being mean or nasty is not the way to get people to like you.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ASismyfav

I was not required to make changes exclusively through Alaska. If Emirates did the right thing, and said OK we’re going to put you on the 10:05 due to a serious of unfortunate events, they had the ability to do that.

The shouting from him at me began instaneous when he came out of his office and said I was a no show and when I asked how that’s possible if their busses got into accidents he started getting very nasty. Obviously people do not like their conclusions and rulings to be criticized, or or scrutinized which is what set him off.

but it was the manner in which way he was yelling. Like I said, I had to ask him to stop yelling and to calm down. I didn’t yell or say anything nasty because I knew that it was not in my best interest, and I thought at that time, he was the only one who could actually help me.

Being mean or nasty is not the way to get people to like you.
Depends if you are the boss 🧟.♂️
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

A real politicians answer
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Dear OP
You had to pee, and sometimes, this is inevitable. Nothing wrong with that.

In the first post, you say that you missed the F-bus. It was probably already gone when you deplaned. Then, on post #119 , you say that you were "in the first 10 people off the plane". I have unfortunately experienced remote gate arrival many times, always in premium classes, and mostly in F. When F-bus departs, there are always many J pax on the stairs and also already many inside the J-bus.
So, if you missed the F-bus, I really can't imagine you being among the first 10 passengers. They don't hold pax inside the plane until F-bus quits.

As for the rest of your story, I can't tell.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:12 am

OP, had you originally wanted to be on the direct flight or tried to change to the direct flight? Had you planned or hoped to be able to change to that flight in DXB, regardless of what happened upon deplaning?

​​​​
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:15 am

I’d it was us they’d have held the bus back #justsayin
sydtogla likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
The OP’s inability to move on and let it go here on FT may be an indicator to the nature of the conversation at DXB.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 4:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The trip is over. I got to go to Australia (even if I was robbed of a day). I’m over it, life’s too short.

But no passenger should be talked to, or treated the way I was, ever. Especially by someone in a supervisory role. That’s all.

Yes I know you only have my side etc etc etc... But that’s what I’m upset about and that’s what I want changed at Emirates. If they can do that, great. If not, life goes on.

Customer Service said they were still investigating the matter today.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
The trip is over. I got to go to Australia (even if I was robbed of a day). I’m over it, life’s too short.

But no passenger should be talked to, or treated the way I was, ever. Especially by someone in a supervisory role. That’s all.

Yes I know you only have my side etc etc etc... But that’s what I’m upset about and that’s what I want changed at Emirates. If they can do that, great. If not, life goes on.

Customer Service said they were still investigating the matter today.
Life went on long before you finally had this epiphany.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
Are the drivers of the buses not in radio contact with somebody they could let know that he had passengers on with connections?or am I missing something.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by bhoyinoz
Are the drivers of the buses not in radio contact with somebody they could let know that he had passengers on with connections?or am I missing something.
Yes but pax and drivers are separated and can't communicate with each other, so pax can't let driver know to convey something specific
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kb9522

Life went on long before you finally had this epiphany.
Thank you for this welcoming conversation piece to the thread. It’s very helpful.

This is only further proof you have been nothing more than a bully towards me this entire thread page after page after page. It was my fault because I had to go to the bathroom, remember?

Last edited by ASismyfav; Feb 7, 2018 at 2:53 am
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:19 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Thank you for this welcoming conversation piece to the thread. It’s very helpful.

This is only further proof you have been nothing more than a bully towards me this entire thread page after page after page. It was my fault because I had to go to the bathroom, remember?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:39 am

Your attitude, statements, assumptions, expectations and refusal to accept opposing views, as well as content of your other threads in other parts of FT have made it rather hard to sympathize. We all agree EK staff shouldn't be rude to pax, that doesn't automatically validate your entire story.

Please refer back to the thread title where you asked "Am I wrong?", you asked for an opinion, you got it. I defer to DYKWIA's last post and submit that this thread be closed, because it has added zero value to this forum.
thijsseh and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: Qf Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes but pax and drivers are separated and can't communicate with each other, so pax can't let driver know to convey something specific
guess that’s a good enough reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.