Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:54 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I have been following this thread with both interest and surprise.

I would only wish to make two observations:

1. In my life experience (which at age 66 is not inconsiderable), the behaviour of someone in a conversation is to a large extent influenced by the behaviour of the other party. In other words: I find it hard to believe that an EK supervisor would have come out 'screaming and shouting' if there had not been something to influence him doing so. It would have been interesting to watch the communication from the moment you arrived at the desk.

2. As also pointed out by others: Your title thread asks a question. You have been given a lot of opinion in response. But your reaction seems to suggest that you would only expect an unqualified "No" as an answer. There seem to be a certain lack of 'open mind'.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yes but pax and drivers are separated and can't communicate with each other, so pax can't let driver know to convey something specific
Right.
But, behind bhoyinoz remark, the idea is that EK should immediately take action when a full J-Bus (or any class) is blocked, because chances are, many pax are in transit. The driver is in radio contact with his dispatcher, so he can let his situation known. EK cannot just require pax to include 40 minutes buffer time within the transit time for "unexpected events".
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Right.
But, behind bhoyinoz remark, the idea is that EK should immediately take action when a full J-Bus (or any class) is blocked, because chances are, many pax are in transit. The driver is in radio contact with his dispatcher, so he can let his situation known. EK cannot just require pax to include 40 minutes buffer time within the transit time for "unexpected events".
I was simply relating context of the bus setup, not a statement on right or wrong. Do we know that any J pax missed the connection? Presumably they read the signs properly and got on the right bus. Keep in mind OP was delayed AND going to the wrong terminal.

Now if the accident occured in a location the correct bus wouldn't have passed there is definitely a case to be made that it is not EKs fault as the correct bus may have not been delayed, probably many Y pax on the same flight making the same connection
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Of course I asked for other people’s opinions, and I have been very open to hearing criticisim. If you’ve noticed I have not argued directly with anyone in the thread who disagreed with me, or who said something negative towards me, or about me. I welcome criticism, and want to hear others thoughts.

The only comments I have addressed directly were made by @kb9522 which is page after page after page in this entire thread of criticism, abuse, and snarky remarks in violation of the community rules. Frankly, even @DYKWIA has crossed the line in my opinion, but I have not engaged him, so saying that I’ve argued with “everyone” who disagrees with me is not true.

Members should be able to post in this community without another member dedicating their lives to making the thread negative and abusive towards the OP on literally every single page. But hey, that’s just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:14 am

I was simply relating context of the bus setup, not a statement on right or wrong. Do we know that any J pax missed the connection? Presumably they read the signs properly and got on the right bus. Keep in mind OP was delayed AND going to the wrong terminal.

Now if the accident occured in a location the correct bus wouldn't have passed there is definitely a case to be made that it is not EKs fault as the correct bus may have not been delayed, probably many Y pax on the same flight making the same connection
My remark was a general remark, not directly related to this case. A blockage due to a traffic accident can happen, and I'm thinking - in quite a very selfish fashion - how I will need to react.
As for this particular case, my unfounded opinion is already made
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just to set the record straight, I’m not entirely sure I was dropped off at the wrong terminal or that I got on the wrong bus.

I am not an EK FF, I do not know DXB well, but where I was dropped off said it was only a 15 min walk to B gates, which had there been no accident, I would’ve been able to make the connection easily.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by ASismyfav
Just to set the record straight, I’m not entirely sure I was dropped off at the wrong terminal or that I got on the wrong bus.

I am not an EK FF, I do not know DXB well, but where I was dropped off said it was only a 15 min walk to B gates, which had there been no accident, I would’ve been able to make the connection easily.
Did you take a train?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I have been following this thread with both interest and surprise.

I would only wish to make two observations:

1. In my life experience (which at age 66 is not inconsiderable), the behaviour of someone in a conversation is to a large extent influenced by the behaviour of the other party. In other words: I find it hard to believe that an EK supervisor would have come out 'screaming and shouting' if there had not been something to influence him doing so. It would have been interesting to watch the communication from the moment you arrived at the desk.

2. As also pointed out by others: Your title thread asks a question. You have been given a lot of opinion in response. But your reaction seems to suggest that you would only expect an unqualified "No" as an answer. There seem to be a certain lack of 'open mind'.
I absolutely welcome your criticism, and I thank you for making your observations.

1. As I said before, when he said they’re marking me as a no show, and then I started saying how can I be a no show when I was affected by the accident? What was I suppose to do? And I began questioning his ruling, this is when he became enraged, started yelling, and was really disrespectful. Some humans in powerful positions do become unreasonable and cruel when their decisions are questioned or challenged, even in an innocent manner which is what happened here.

2. I’m fine with someone saying I’m in the wrong with a reasonable and succinct point. I’m not here to argue with anyone, I want fair criticism and I am open minded. But when certain members blame me for “going to the bathroom” and basically existing it becomes quite frustrating.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:43 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Did you take a train?
Yes.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Frankly, even @DYKWIA has crossed the line in my opinion, but I have not engaged him, so saying that I’ve argued with “everyone” who disagrees with me is not true.
I crossed the line in asking for specific information? I'm pretty sure I know exactly what happened here (not hard to figure out from the original posts on the AS forum, combined with posts on here), but I'll leave it up to others to see if they come to the same conclusion...
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:11 am

Yes.
Then it was the wrong bus. That being said unless you had a C gate it often wouldn't add more than 10 mins. Especially as I find bus transit security at A gates where you were dropped to be relatively empty usually
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR

Thank you for this welcoming conversation piece to the thread. It’s very helpful.

This is only further proof you have been nothing more than a bully towards me this entire thread page after page after page. It was my fault because I had to go to the bathroom, remember?
One has to be extremely thin-skinned to call it bullying. You invited this criticism by soliciting opinions and then continuously arguing against them because you didn't get the echo chamber you wanted.

And yes, it is your fault for not planning your restroom usage like an adult. Most reasonable people would have taken care of business before starting to land in order to avoid delays, discomfort, or both.

Of course I asked for other people’s opinions, and I have been very open to hearing criticisim. If you’ve noticed I have not argued directly with anyone in the thread who disagreed with me, or who said something negative towards me, or about me. I welcome criticism, and want to hear others thoughts.
Absolute nonsense. Do you actually believe what you just typed? There are pages of evidence counter to what you are saying here. Pages.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:32 am

... I am not an EK FF, I do not know DXB well, ...
In your very first post, you said that you were "somewhat familiar with DXB". So, are you or are you not ?
Such approximation can be a killer, as some people here are truly familiar with DXB, which doesn't mean that they are EK-fanatics though.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by kb9522
And yes, it is your fault for not planning your restroom usage like an adult. Most reasonable people would have taken care of business before starting to land in order to avoid delays, discomfort, or both.
To be fair, EK do switch the seatbelt sign on quite early... if you then also get 15/20 minutes holding it can be 45+ minutes before you can use the toilet. I've been caught out by this, especially after enjoying the "onboard hospitality" a bit too much
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Is AS still your fave or is it EK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.