Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: Skywards, Vistara, Qatar Airways, Marriot Bonvoy
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Both STN flights get it until end of November only, then STN loses new F for now, sadly. This is covered in another thread.
Hey could you guide me to that thread please? Was looking to book in Jan 24 but I guess it's not to be
Old Nov 17, 2023, 3:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by SentinelPrime
Hey could you guide me to that thread please? Was looking to book in Jan 24 but I guess it's not to be
Emirates New Routes and Changes 2023
Old Nov 18, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards
Hi all, only just seen this thread and clicked on to see that STN loses new Gamechanger - i'm travelling in March and had specifically booked on to that flight because of it (using miles) - what are my options for rebooking this to another route which the gamechanger is on? I'm fairly flexible on destination from Dubai as long as its got a good connection back to the UK. Will I lose miles/be charged a fee for any changes?

I've not had any notification of the swap, only just logged on to check and the seating arrangement is clearly different

Otherwise I think i'd rather swap the the 380 LHR instead!

Gutted!

Cheers

Last edited by baz2277; Nov 18, 2023 at 6:49 am Reason: forgot info!
Old Nov 18, 2023, 7:57 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by baz2277
Hi all, only just seen this thread and clicked on to see that STN loses new Gamechanger - i'm travelling in March and had specifically booked on to that flight because of it (using miles) - what are my options for rebooking this to another route which the gamechanger is on? I'm fairly flexible on destination from Dubai as long as its got a good connection back to the UK. Will I lose miles/be charged a fee for any changes?

I've not had any notification of the swap, only just logged on to check and the seating arrangement is clearly different

Otherwise I think i'd rather swap the the 380 LHR instead!

Gutted!

Cheers
EK41/42 (LHR) will still be new F in March (at least that seems to be the schedule at the moment).
Old Nov 18, 2023, 8:40 am

Thanks for this, the seating plan has however changed on my booking to show 8x First seats as opposed to the staggered plan of the gamechanger....
Old Nov 18, 2023, 2:17 pm

Programs: EK skywards Gold, BA, VS silver
Thanks for this, the seating plan has however changed on my booking to show 8x First seats as opposed to the staggered plan of the gamechanger....
I thought you said you were booked from STN . 41/42 is from LHR
Old Nov 18, 2023, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by JudeS
I thought you said you were booked from STN . 41/42 is from LHR
I'm flying from DXB to STN... the other thread about route changes initially said STN was keeping the new First, and then a later note said STN was losing them.

My flight (already booked) was initially showing the 'new' first seating plan, now it shows the traditional seating plan. I'd selected 1A, so I guess as I am still in 1A I would not have any notificiation of aircraft changes.

If its the case that Old F is going to be at STN, I'd like to swap the flight to somewhere that does have the New First. But as I redeemed miles i'm not sure what options are available. I can't see any 'live' reward availability on the other routes as I don't have enough miles to complete a booking.
Old Nov 18, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: Some
I'm flying from DXB to STN... the other thread about route changes initially said STN was keeping the new First, and then a later note said STN was losing them.

My flight (already booked) was initially showing the 'new' first seating plan, now it shows the traditional seating plan. I'd selected 1A, so I guess as I am still in 1A I would not have any notificiation of aircraft changes.

If its the case that Old F is going to be at STN, I'd like to swap the flight to somewhere that does have the New First. But as I redeemed miles i'm not sure what options are available. I can't see any 'live' reward availability on the other routes as I don't have enough miles to complete a booking.
As noted above, there is one flight pair from LHR (EK41/42) with new F (this flight doesn’t operate every day) although I imagine you will have difficulty finding reward availability for this flight. If you are willing to travel somewhere else in Europe to try new F, then GVA, BRU, NCE and ZRH are your options.
baz2277 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 2:27 am

Arrrghh so annoyed about it being removed from STN.

Would have flown from BRU instead but there's availability most days in Feb except for mine and a couple of others!

Will probably switch to the A380 from LGW....don't want to fly 777 without benefit of gamechanger!
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:51 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

you’ll have to take it - it’s perfectly fine and way better than J
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by am0985
Arrrghh so annoyed about it being removed from STN.
Would have flown from BRU instead but there's availability most days in Feb except for mine and a couple of others!
Will probably switch to the A380 from LGW....don't want to fly 777 without benefit of gamechanger!
Originally Posted by m3red
you’ll have to take it - it’s perfectly fine and way better than J
While it's a bummer that new 777 First is no longer scheduled (at the moment), I actually prefer old 777 to A380. It feels more spacious to me. And six less F passengers can make a difference.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 6:01 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by SFO777
While it's a bummer that new 777 First is no longer scheduled (at the moment), I actually prefer old 777 to A380. It feels more spacious to me. And six less F passengers can make a difference.
Certainly row 1 A/K on A380 is less spacious than 77W. I agree that when you don't value the shower and the bar 77W is better than A380. At times I have enjoyed a leg stretch by walking to the bar at the back. Shower is a (pleasant) gimmick. And indeed, with fewer passengers the service on the 77W is usually better than on the A380 (except for the time I was in 2K and the only other passenger was in 1A so we each had a personal FA).
Old Nov 20, 2023, 7:36 am

For me the problem with old 777 F is that the toilets are economy toilets. Really not good.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 8:34 am

I'm happy to fly from DXB to pretty much any of the destinations available with the gamechanger, then get a short hop back to London the following day. EK's website isn't allowing any changes apart from a different day. I need a different destination!
Old Nov 20, 2023, 4:47 pm

I'm happy to fly from DXB to pretty much any of the destinations available with the gamechanger, then get a short hop back to London the following day. EK's website isn't allowing any changes apart from a different day. I need a different destination!
You’ll need to cancel (incur fee) and rebook (assuming availability). They won’t make accommodations (no fee / availability) due to the equipment change.

I prefer EK F on the 380 over the 777 (non-Game Changer) due to the cabin noise (less) and greater spaciousness of the suite. The bathrooms (forget shower aspect for a second) are also much better. Never had service issues even when full. But at this level, it’s splitting hairs. I’ll take any EK F on the most convenient route. And I would not build in a stop in a place I don’t need to be and fly the next day to my real destination just to experience Game Changer F over regular EK F. You’re adding another flight experience in some terrible euro business / economy short haul situation — to me, it defeats the whole purpose of flying F.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, chris63 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.