Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Dead Wiki Links

The links below from the wiki are dead.
Dedicated 777 refresh page
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details)
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by flyaxa
The links below from the wiki are dead.
Dedicated 777 refresh page
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details)
You can update the wiki.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You can update the wiki.
Done. I'm usually a little reluctant to edit a Wiki of a forum I do not frequent.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:48 pm

You can update the wiki.
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Done. I'm usually a little reluctant to edit a Wiki of a forum I do not frequent.
I've put the updated url back into the wiki. It looks like both links were the same and it was just a format change that broke them.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:33 am

Is there any way to determine whether EK45 on a particular day will have new F?

Seat maps seem to all indicate 6F, but I'm guessing that's just EK's way of giving themselves flexibility and not a good indicator of anything.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Is there any way to determine whether EK45 on a particular day will have new F?

Seat maps seem to all indicate 6F, but I'm guessing that's just EK's way of giving themselves flexibility and not a good indicator of anything.
If F is being sold, it's almost a guarantee it'll be the new F. It seemed to be mostly August where 2-class aircraft were occasionally planned. Just haphazardly selecting some dates between now and December 1, I didn't see any 2-class flights.

Depending on how far in advance you're planning to book, there's also a chance this route might be upgraded back to the A380 in the next 4 or 5 months.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Hello. I am new here in Emirates forum. Booking my first Emirates flight from Dubai to Athens Greece ( EK209 ). On Emirates website, it says it's a B777 but it doesn't say if its the new First Class. Can anyone advise me on this?
Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Hello. I am new here in Emirates forum. Booking my first Emirates flight from Dubai to Athens Greece ( EK209 ). On Emirates website, it says it's a B777 but it doesn't say if its the new First Class. Can anyone advise me on this?
Thanks in advance.
Have a look at the seat map on the Emirates site or ExpertFlyer for the day you are travelling. If it shows 6 seats in F, then it's new F.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Thanks in advance.
As far as I’m aware that flight has never had new F and isn’t currently scheduled as a new F route, so I would assume you will be in old F. There is always the possibility of last minute changes but I’d also put that at close to zero here - given the plane continues to EWR after ATH, EK is locking up a frame for almost two days by putting it on this route, very unlikely they’ll do that with a new 777 when there are much closer places they can send it. I don’t imagine the kind of passengers willing to connect in ATH when there is a direct flight are the high margin kind that would justify it also, unlike some of the direct flights to the East Coast.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Have a look at the seat map on the Emirates site or ExpertFlyer for the day you are travelling. If it shows 6 seats in F, then it's new F.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
As far as I’m aware that flight has never had new F and isn’t currently scheduled as a new F route, so I would assume you will be in old F. There is always the possibility of last minute changes but I’d also put that at close to zero here - given the plane continues to EWR after ATH, EK is locking up a frame for almost two days by putting it on this route, very unlikely they’ll do that with a new 777 when there are much closer places they can send it. I don’t imagine the kind of passengers willing to connect in ATH when there is a direct flight are the high margin kind that would justify it also, unlike some of the direct flights to the East Coast.
Thanks for the reply. It's indeed 8 in F cabin so the "old" First class. Too bad... but then, can't imagine it to be very bad as it's Emirates which by all accounts same level as Singapore Airlines that I usually fly. I heard many good things about their lounge in DXB and look forward to it.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 12:22 pm

Planning on flying on Emirates Oct 2023 and would really like to fly the new cabin. The plan is flying BRU-DXB-USA. It now seems like the new cabin is on both rotations out of BRU. But 181/182 has always had the new cabin it seems from looking at this thread. Is it (somewhat) safe to assume that if I book 182, it should (in theory) be the new cabin even this far out?

Also, is there any downside to service for a redeye departing after 9:30PM? Any watered down catering? The menu on the website for 182 departing in the next few weeks shows a Breakfast (served first? weirdly) and a Dinner with caviar but it departs 8:20PM as opposed to 9:45PM Oct 2023. TIA!
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by reverted
Planning on flying on Emirates Oct 2023 and would really like to fly the new cabin. The plan is flying BRU-DXB-USA. It now seems like the new cabin is on both rotations out of BRU. But 181/182 has always had the new cabin it seems from looking at this thread. Is it (somewhat) safe to assume that if I book 182, it should (in theory) be the new cabin even this far out?

Also, is there any downside to service for a redeye departing after 9:30PM? Any watered down catering? The menu on the website for 182 departing in the next few weeks shows a Breakfast (served first? weirdly) and a Dinner with caviar but it departs 8:20PM as opposed to 9:45PM Oct 2023. TIA!
Don't count on the new F being on particular routes that far out. The routes seem to change regularly since Covid.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:08 pm

I don't think you'll be able to book it as one fare as Emirates generally don't publish fares from most of the EU to USA. It's too far in the "wrong" direction that nobody would usually book it (except flyertalkers of course).
thijsseh likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:11 pm

BRU had been looked at as an A380 upgrade for 2020 (prior to the pandemic). So there's a good possibility we'll see an upgrade of one of the two BRU flights in the next year or two.
reverted likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by CaptainEKAirbus
BRU had been looked at as an A380 upgrade for 2020 (prior to the pandemic). So there's a good possibility we'll see an upgrade of one of the two BRU flights in the next year or two.
NCE currently has the new F but was operated by the A380 daily pre-pandemic. Have you heard anything about the A380 coming back to NCE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.