Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Anyone have any thoughts about whether this is new or old F ?

Thought on new or old F This is HKT - DXB on 2Jan
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mas66
Anyone have any thoughts about whether this is new or old F ? Thought on new or old F This is HKT - DXB on 2Jan
Whoa, that's a new one. There are only 3 seats in each row of New First so the fact that the seat map shows 4 seats in row 2 would suggest old F.
But that's a very strange seat map. What happened to 1F and 1K??
saaveraward likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by SFO777
Whoa, that's a new one. There are only 3 seats in each row of New First so the fact that the seat map shows 4 seats in row 2 would suggest old F.
But that's a very strange seat map. What happened to 1F and 1K??
Is it possible they are using those seats for pilot crew rest both ways? If they’re transporting the flying crew with them instead of leaving crew on the ground then perhaps the outbound crew would sleep in those seats on the way to Dubai and the inbound take the seats on the way back. I’ve seen is rarely but perhaps that’s what’s going on?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Is it possible they are using those seats for pilot crew rest both ways? If they’re transporting the flying crew with them instead of leaving crew on the ground then perhaps the outbound crew would sleep in those seats on the way to Dubai and the inbound take the seats on the way back. I’ve seen is rarely but perhaps that’s what’s going on?
Im not sure about EK but other airlines simply block crew rest seats rather than remove from seat map completely. ….
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:27 pm

Im not sure about EK but other airlines simply block crew rest seats rather than remove from seat map completely. ….
actually, I've seen UA remove crew rest seats from the seat map completely.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:25 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DLATL777
That would be my assumption. I have in the past seen 1K ‘missing’ from the seat map on several occasions and when I was seated in 1F there was a pilot in 1K (and a different one when I woke up after a few hours sleep). Have not seen 2 seats ‘removed’ from the seat map that way, but it seems entirely possible.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
That would be my assumption. I have in the past seen 1K ‘missing’ from the seat map on several occasions and when I was seated in 1F there was a pilot in 1K (and a different one when I woke up after a few hours sleep). Have not seen 2 seats ‘removed’ from the seat map that way, but it seems entirely possible.
Thats probably the answer, I’ve just found out that currently EK crew don’t stop over in HKT so would presumably need rest seats to do the return journey.
DLATL777 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 3:37 am

Interestingly enough, both HND and NRT appear to be serviced by new F in March... wonder what the rationale is given the loads on these flights are very low compared to many other places?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:47 am

Anyone have any thoughts about whether this is new or old F ?

Thought on new or old F This is HKT - DXB on 2Jan
Just as a follow up ….. once OLCI opened 1F and 1K were released …. So I managed to grab 1E and F with Mrs S …… so clearly ‘old’ F ….. but I’m happy with that !
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:31 pm

DXB-IAD on 01/29

Looking for some help to see if there’s any way to re-request a seat in F that I had on hold in F on 01/29, DXB-IAD. Rookie mistake on my part. Seat was on hold as I was looking for availability to open up BOM-DXB (plus wasn’t sure how testing requirements work with 2 separate tickets). Unfortunately, the segment dropped out of my reservation yesterday. Another agent has added me to the waitlist but no idea if that will clear. Any ideas if there’s any way to request that seat back? Also, could anyone provide any insight into chances of it opening up again based on current demand?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Does anybody know how to check if the Business seats have been on the 777ER to the ones pictured? Since the seat map is the same (2-3-2) its hard to tell. Specifically looking at EWR to ATH.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Filler03
Does anybody know how to check if the Business seats have been on the 777ER to the ones pictured? Since the seat map is the same (2-3-2) its hard to tell. Specifically looking at EWR to ATH.
One way would be to check First Class. 6 seats is New First, 8 seats is Old First.
EWR-ATH is unlikely to get new anything and J will likely be as you see above.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by SFO777
One way would be to check First Class. 6 seats is New First, 8 seats is Old First.
EWR-ATH is unlikely to get new anything and J will likely be as you see above.
Yep, I know the trick to look at 6 first class vs 8 first class but it was my understanding that some of the 777-300ERs still have the 8 first class configuration but with the updated J hard product I pictured. The old/dated J product doesnt have the suede seats and look more like this:
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Filler03
Yep, I know the trick to look at 6 first class vs 8 first class but it was my understanding that some of the 777-300ERs still have the 8 first class configuration but with the updated J hard product I pictured. The old/dated J product doesnt have the suede seats and look more like this:
Pretty sure only the 6F config has the new J seats.

There is a slightly updated version of the seat in your photo with a bigger tablet and newer IFE, but essentially the same seat. You have to go either 77L or 6F 77W to get the new seat.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Are there any 77W airframe without F (42J/386Y) that have J seats upgraded?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.