Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2017, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ft101
Emirates has unveiled the new first class cabin for their 777s at the Dubai Air Show on November 12th, 2017.

Notably, the new F cabin is fully enclosed from floor to ceiling, has a reduction from 8 seats to 6 total, had virtual windows for the center cabins and features video-based room service ordering.

Business and Economy cabins have also been refreshed, but not completely overhauled.

Dedicated 777 refresh page DEAD LINK
Emirates Press Release (includes PDF downloads of fact sheet with more details) DEAD LINK
Youtube Promo video of new 777F
Here's the replacement for the dead links:
https://www.emirates.com/media-centre/emirates-unveils-brand-new-cabins-for-its-boeing-777-fleet/

Aircraft with new F (only 77W):
A6-EQH - EQP
Total: 9 aircraft

Current known routes flown with new F:

GVA - EK83 / EK84
BRU - EK181 / EK182
FRA - EK43 / EK44
HND - EK312 / EK313
JFK - EK201 / EK202
STN - EK33 / EK34 EK65 / EK66 (suspended)
VIE - EK125 / EK126
SIN - EK352/353 (unscheduled)
MUC - EK53/54

Update 13th June 2022 from post #1016
Routes operating with the new F as of Aug 1, 2022 include:
EK045 FRA*
EK065 STN
EK077 NCE
EK083 GVA
EK085 ZRH
EK089 GVA
EK181 BRU
EK183 BRU
EK819 RUH
EK318 NRT

*EK45 is also frequently operated by a 2-class 77W, but when flown as a 3-class, it is the new F configuration.

Print Wikipost

777 New First Class

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
That’s true I will give you this the point of temperature. I like it at about 20°C or 66°F in order to sleep. In fact I’m constantly nagging the flight attendants to make sure the cabin is cold.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:00 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Hey All,

My apologies if this has already been discussed, however I noticed that EK 352/353 was listed as one of the flights that has had or may have the new F on the 77W? Is this due to an announcement or is it likely that this will happen soon?

As I understand, EK 352/353 currently operates on an A380?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
Hey All,

My apologies if this has already been discussed, however I noticed that EK 352/353 was listed as one of the flights that has had or may have the new F on the 77W? Is this due to an announcement or is it likely that this will happen soon?

Thanks
It would be helpful if you could mention the route ..?
thijsseh likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:24 am
HB7

Ah sorry, it is SIN-DXB. It's mentioned in the Wiki page above.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by HB7
Ah sorry, it is SIN-DXB. It's mentioned in the Wiki page above.
Hm Not Seen anything mentioned, wonder who added it, would be nice if them to share a post with their information
Old Sep 2, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by HB7

Looking back a few months it seems to have been a B777 on that route from half way through April until towards the end of May. New F appeared on several occasions during that time.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:14 pm
HB7

Ah ok fair enough, I'm planning on flying through Singapore next month, was hoping that somehow, someway, I may have been very lucky.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:12 am

So unless you’re on the assigned routes it’s a crap shoot more or less. Although the IAH-DXB a few months back sounded pretty consistent. Too bad I did not hear about it till
now
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:34 pm

New F being all over the place in April and May was the result of the scheduled closure of DXB's second runway during that period, which made EK cut many services on the scheduled routes with New F and put those aircraft on other routes instead. Now that both runways are up and running, I'd expect the New F to mostly stick to the scheduled routes.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by flyer05
New F being all over the place in April and May was the result of the scheduled closure of DXB's second runway during that period, which made EK cut many services on the scheduled routes with New F and put those aircraft on other routes instead. Now that both runways are up and running, I'd expect the New F to mostly stick to the scheduled routes.
Rats! And I just missed the Houston flight by a week or two. Oh no how ever shall I be able to actually try their new suites? I hope nobody suggests paying because this is a mileage forum after all...
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:09 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Rats! And I just missed the Houston flight by a week or two. Oh no how ever shall I be able to actually try their new suites? I hope nobody suggests paying because this is a mileage forum after all...
Technically, this is a frequent flyer forum. But I do get the point......
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Technically, this is a frequent flyer forum. But I do get the point......
kickstarter it is?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:18 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

kickstarter it is?
Oh yes, that’s without doubt the case for many people here.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:59 am

Thumbs down

I suspect now Emirates only release award seats for the new Fully Enclosed First Class Suite 2 days before departure, no more 2 weeks!!

I have been checking Frankfurt, Vienna, London Stansted, Brussels, for all dates and directions (outbound and return) 2 weeks from 14 Sept, only 16 September have award seats on these flights.

Now it's even harder to get award seats on the new Fully Enclosed First Class Suite.

Luckily:
You can change date and time, class of travel, segment, routing or airline or cancel your Classic Flight Reward bookings up to 24 hours before departure of the first flight segment of their itinerary. These changes can be made on qantas.com at Manage your Booking.

Last edited by vsepr; Sep 14, 2019 at 2:12 am
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by vsepr
I suspect now Emirates only release award seats for the new Fully Enclosed First Class Suite 2 days before departure, no more 2 weeks!!

I have been checking Frankfurt, Vienna, London Stansted, Brussels, for all dates and directions (outbound and return) 2 weeks from 14 Sept, only 16 September have award seats on these flights.

Now it's even harder to get award seats on the new Fully Enclosed First Class Suite.

Luckily:
You can change date and time, class of travel, segment, routing or airline or cancel your Classic Flight Reward bookings up to 24 hours before departure of the first flight segment of their itinerary. These changes can be made on qantas.com at Manage your Booking.
Assuming you have a Qantas reward. This being the EK forum that might be a risky assumption

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.