FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   777 New First Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1869780-777-new-first-class.html)

GGL Flyer Nov 6, 2017 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74 (Post 29017075)
Looking at Expertflyer for a range of dates for EK89 from 05/12, the seatmap is still showing the current F layout.

S

Expertflyer now showing new First layout for EK183 DXB-BRU from 1.12.17.

Middle seats are offset from one another...

Flaneurs Nov 6, 2017 10:52 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GGL Flyer (Post 29025965)
Expertflyer now showing new First layout for EK183 DXB-BRU from 1.12.17.

Middle seats are offset from one another...

Darn. Beat me to it. Here is the layout showing DXB-GVA for a trip I have in April.

Seat54 Nov 6, 2017 11:26 am

Can only hope it’s not blinged out like the usual offerings.... I’m probably hoping for too much. ��

thijsseh Nov 6, 2017 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Seat54 (Post 29026405)
Can only hope it’s not blinged out like the usual offerings.... I’m probably hoping for too much. ��

I think that’s hoping too much indeed! This is EK, ‘bling airways’. Must say I sort of have got used to it......

eternaltransit Nov 6, 2017 1:12 pm

Depends on your definition of bling - from reading FT you sometimes get the impression that anything brighter than IKEA flatpack furniture qualifies as “bling” ;)

I think they might go a bit easier on the walnut this time around :)

sydtogla Nov 6, 2017 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 29026981)
Depends on your definition of bling - from reading FT you sometimes get the impression that anything brighter than IKEA flatpack furniture qualifies as “bling” ;)

I think they might go a bit easier on the walnut this time around :)

I'm expecting the same amount of wood veneer, but probably ebony rather than walnut.

m3red Nov 6, 2017 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla (Post 29027478)
I'm expecting the same amount of wood veneer, but probably ebony rather than walnut.

Think new bar colour scheme🍷

Solblanc Nov 7, 2017 2:55 pm

I’m flying F to BRU on the afternoon flight from DXB in Jan; I booked the wrong one!!!! 😐

Metanoia Nov 7, 2017 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 29028471)
Think new bar colour scheme��

I don't think white leather went well for ANZ's J class, I was on one of their 1-year old 77Ws and it seemed like a lot of wear and scuff for such a young airplane.

Seat54 Nov 9, 2017 1:00 am

Just see a glimpse of the new first on the emirates website this morning in the "watch this space" at the top of the home page.

Its looking less bling and more sophisticated so far on the few sneaky images they have posted.

sydtogla Nov 9, 2017 1:13 am

Yep! I'm seeing beige leather, rose gold detailing, ebony wood and some soft tone lights!

Can't wait to see it/fly it.

skywardhunter Nov 9, 2017 1:17 am

I like the toggle button design and touch screen controls, as well as the ceiling lights. It's not clear whether those are for a single suite (and if so it looks like it might be fully enclosed) or for the entire cabin

Seat54 Nov 9, 2017 1:20 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 29038839)
I like the toggle button design and touch screen controls, as well as the ceiling lights. It's not clear whether those are for a single suite (and if so it looks like it might be fully enclosed) or for the entire cabin

I noticed the window blind controls shown as a single button, im assuming its a window seat and that they have not built a little wendy house in the middle of the cabin.

sydtogla Nov 9, 2017 1:22 am

Wow, Just pausing at each picture to study it closely.... Temperature control in each individual suite! Lighting pallet for each suite too. Specific lighting for eating.

The scene with the light cluster is significant... I think it is a suite because of the glimpse of air conditioning outlet. However if you look to the left I can see what I think is floor to ceiling walls enclosing the suite.

Really impressed with what I'm seeing.

skywardhunter Nov 9, 2017 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Seat54 (Post 29038846)
I noticed the window blind controls shown as a single button, im assuming its a window seat and that they have not built a little wendy house in the middle of the cabin.

The seat map makes it very hard to guess how it will look, I'm definitely thinking it'll be quite a bit larger than the previous suites, but with the aisle location and having 2 seats behind each other along the windows and then only 2 in the center side-by-side, it's so difficult to tell, one would think the center seats are much larger, as they effectively have double the space as there were 4 seats there before, unless the aisles have been moved inward, which makes one think about galley design and ability to move carts through the cabin easily