Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 2:09 am
twr

Originally Posted by spec119
I sometimes use the following site it's free and good for checking flight loads

BCD travel

Thanks for that, pity it doesnt show aircraft type
Old May 13, 2018, 2:17 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by spec119
I sometimes use the following site it's free and good for checking flight loads

BCD travel
Good find spec119

​​​​​​​
S
spec119 and sydtogla like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P7 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H9 Q9 L9 T9 V9 X9

Best of luck!
Thanks a lot mate!
Old May 20, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Skywards
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before - my search of the forum returned zero results.

Could someone please explain to me what the letters before each of the numbers mean please? I know F, J and Y but I'm clueless, and interested to know to what the others are.

F2 A0 J0 C0 I0 O0 P0 Y5 E5 R5 W5 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Thank you.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:28 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by steff_29
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before - my search of the forum returned zero results.

Could someone please explain to me what the letters before each of the numbers mean please? I know F, J and Y but I'm clueless, and interested to know to what the others are.

F2 A0 J0 C0 I0 O0 P0 Y5 E5 R5 W5 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0

Thank you.
These are what are commonly called ‘fare buckets’. As we all know, not everyone in a particular ‘cabin ‘ pays the same fare. ‘Special’, ‘Saver’, ‘Flex’ and ‘Flex+’ are easily recognised but even within these there are different fares as shown by the ‘fare buckets’. F and A are First class, J, C, I, O and P are Business and the rest are Economy.
The numbers behind the letters are the number the airline will sell in that bucket, but the maximum shown is 4 for First, 7 for Business and 9 for Economy buckets. And the numbers in a specific cabin are not additive, i.e. in your example the airline will sell 5 economy tickets, not 20. But they will sell them at the W ‘price’ (or above). Business is sold out, First has 2 tickets for sale (at the highest fare).
eminere and steff_29 like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by thijsseh

These are what are commonly called ‘fare buckets’. As we all know, not everyone in a particular ‘cabin ‘ pays the same fare. ‘Special’, ‘Saver’, ‘Flex’ and ‘Flex+’ are easily recognised but even within these there are different fares as shown by the ‘fare buckets’. F and A are First class, J, C, I, O and P are Business and the rest are Economy.
The numbers behind the letters are the number the airline will sell in that bucket, but the maximum shown is 4 for First, 7 for Business and 9 for Economy buckets. And the numbers in a specific cabin are not additive, i.e. in your example the airline will sell 5 economy tickets, not 20. But they will sell them at the W ‘price’ (or above). Business is sold out, First has 2 tickets for sale (at the highest fare).
Thank you very much for your informative reply
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:39 am

Could someone please check for me?

Hi. Could someone please check my flight EK449 from Auckland to Dubai on the 20th June?? Much appreciated ☺️
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:01 am

Flight load check please ☺️

Hi. Could someone please check my flight EK449 from Auckland to Dubai on the 20th June?? Much appreciated
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I notice you have posted this twice and right at the start of the other thread is

Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:
thijsseh and Ludmilla696 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 10:51 pm

Could someone help with the following please?

22 JUN EK417 SYD-DXB
23 JUN EK071 DXB-CDG

Many thanks
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:46 am

Can someone please check the load for the following?

29 Jun EK232 IAD - DXB
30 Jun EK528 DXB - HYD
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Jet Airways JetPrivilege Platinum
Flight Avail

I was checking availability for EK573 CCU-DXB and EK215 DXB-LAX for 12Oct and 13Oct.

Both flights showing as F2 A2 J4 C4 I4 O7 P0 Y7 E7 R7 W7 M7B7 U7 K7 H7 Q7 L7 T7 V7 X7

Doesnt it seem too far out for the flights to be so full already?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:41 am

I'm seeing F4, A4, J6, Y, E, R, W, M all 9 on EK573 and EK215 wide open with F4, A4, J, C, I, O all 7 and Economy all 9s down to X, so maybe not as full as you think.

Odd thing is that you show "H" class which doesn't show for me. I wonder why that is.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:55 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by ft101
I'm seeing F4, A4, J6, Y, E, R, W, M all 9 on EK573 and EK215 wide open with F4, A4, J, C, I, O all 7 and Economy all 9s down to X, so maybe not as full as you think.

Odd thing is that you show "H" class which doesn't show for me. I wonder why that is.
Different ‘sales cities’ as well as ‘married segment logic’ may both (partly) account for this ‘discrepancy ‘. Using EF (where this possibly comes from?) always needs a bit of thought.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Different ‘sales cities’ as well as ‘married segment logic’ may both (partly) account for this ‘discrepancy ‘. Using EF (where this possibly comes from?) always needs a bit of thought.
I thought EK didn't have different "sales cities" and married segment logic can't be the reason as the poster gave figures for the individual legs so that's what I looked at. I didn't use Expert Flyer but I'm surprised there are different sets of figures out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.