Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by SerendipityTravel
Hello -- sorry if this is a repeat question...I'm trying to plan what to take on the flight... Does anyone know if you get amenity kits on EK419 fm SYD-BKK? Flight leaves at 7pm but arrives at 0100 (9 hour flight). Thanks in advance!
Should do, but even if not in J/F the usual amenities are available in the lavatories.

In Y they have some dental kits knocking about in the galley.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Hi

Quick question (hopefully), my brother and his family have DUB>DXB>DUB flights booked over Christmas in Y with EK, they'd like to try to buy upgrades to Business, but as their booking was via a travel agent, the EK website doesn't give them that option. Is the only way they can potentially do this is enquire at the airport on the day of departure?

Thanks, Pilot37
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Hi

Quick question (hopefully), my brother and his family have DUB>DXB>DUB flights booked over Christmas in Y with EK, they'd like to try to buy upgrades to Business, but as their booking was via a travel agent, the EK website doesn't give them that option. Is the only way they can potentially do this is enquire at the airport on the day of departure?

Thanks, Pilot37
No, they can do it immediately via their travel agent. However do note that it will be the fare difference. Discounted upgrades may be sent out via email but their TA's email might be on the booking, they might also get an offer during online check-in. At the airport it'll be fare difference again.

Note that the discounted email and OLCI offers exclude chauffeur drive and lounge access.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
No, they can do it immediately via their travel agent. However do note that it will be the fare difference. Discounted upgrades may be sent out via email but their TA's email might be on the booking, they might also get an offer during online check-in. At the airport it'll be fare difference again.

Note that the discounted email and OLCI offers exclude chauffeur drive and lounge access.
Many thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:20 pm

Hi

Thanks, Pilot37
try going to Emirates app, creating account , signing into that account...put the reservation into the account and see if you can purchase upgrade ..using manage my reservation
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
try going to Emirates app, creating account , signing into that account...put the reservation into the account and see if you can purchase upgrade ..using manage my reservation
Looking at the reservation on the EK website, if the upgrade with cash option is selected it says it can't be done as the booking was made via a travel agent, so the online option appears out.

Pilot37
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:54 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Looking at the reservation on the EK website, if the upgrade with cash option is selected it says it can't be done as the booking was made via a travel agent, so the online option appears out.

Pilot37
I always used to phone our Corporate TA to do the upgrade which was no hassle. Once the outbound flights are completed, EK should be able to process any further changes (but may have to do it over the phone).

S
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:55 pm

yes

Pilot37
Yes, well that's not what EJE was suggesting, however. I don't know if what he/she is suggesting (using the app) would work, but it's obviously a proposed workaround, unrelated to using the website.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:29 am

Flying EK346 on 16/02 and EK343 on 02/03

Will they be 2 class A-380

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by limerickros
Flying EK346 on 16/02 and EK343 on 02/03

Will they be 2 class A-380

Thanks
a quick look at EK website or app will show you how many (2 or 3) classes are on each flight
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: LH FTL
Hello all,

I have an upcoming trip to Dubai where I'd seek for some help.
The flight is on Sat, 6/1 to DXB. Start can be either DUS or FRA - my thinking is wherever experience on ground (lounge) and chances for upgrade from Y + C is higher.
Would you have any advice on how I can estimate my chances for an upgrade? I am Skywards Gold if that helps and I know that upgrades will be by booking class first.
However maybe some routes are overbooked in Y in general, otherwise my chances will be 0 :-)

The return will be DXB - MAN on Thu, 11/1. Also here the question: Any advice on upgrade chances?

Thanks from a newbie on Emirates!
FlyDUS
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:09 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Hello all,

I have an upcoming trip to Dubai where I'd seek for some help.
The flight is on Sat, 6/1 to DXB. Start can be either DUS or FRA - my thinking is wherever experience on ground (lounge) and chances for upgrade from Y + C is higher.
Would you have any advice on how I can estimate my chances for an upgrade? I am Skywards Gold if that helps and I know that upgrades will be by booking class first.
However maybe some routes are overbooked in Y in general, otherwise my chances will be 0 :-)

The return will be DXB - MAN on Thu, 11/1. Also here the question: Any advice on upgrade chances?

Thanks from a newbie on Emirates!
FlyDUS
​​​​​​​Hi FlyDUS

​​​​​​​
Welcome to the EK forum. Not quite a newbie to FT but welcome on board. Lots of good information on the forum about flying EK but you’ve obviously got some experience being Gold.

Without wanting to sound too harsh, gone are the days of easy upgrades on EK for status members and the only way really to guarantee flying in a certain cabin is to book it outright. Yes, your chances of an upgrade may be better with a higher fare Y ticket but in all reality, there could be another Gold onboard who might pip you at the post or a Platinum who could pip both of you. I do not see the sense in buying more expensive Y tickets for a low chance of upgrade and would not discount upfaring to J for the guarantee of travelling in J or waiting out to see if you get any email or OLCI upgrade offers but expect to travel in Y.

​​​​​​​S
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:38 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I completely agree with Saltire74: to spend extra money on an expensive Y fare in the vague hope of getting an opup seems unwise. At the moment all (5) flights out of FRA and DUS have heaps of availability (not that this means a lot, still quite some time to go).
I struggle a bit with a Gold Skywards member being a newby, but if you have enough miles a better option would be to use these to upgrade: at the moment EK 44 and 46 ex FRA and EK 58 ex DUS have D bucket (award / upgrade) availability (I checked for 1 pax)
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I completely agree with Saltire74: to spend extra money on an expensive Y fare in the vague hope of getting an opup seems unwise. At the moment all (5) flights out of FRA and DUS have heaps of availability (not that this means a lot, still quite some time to go).
I struggle a bit with a Gold Skywards member being a newby, but if you have enough miles a better option would be to use these to upgrade: at the moment EK 44 and 46 ex FRA and EK 58 ex DUS have D bucket (award / upgrade) availability (I checked for 1 pax)
Could be a Plat gift
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: LH FTL
In fact my status was matched from Topbonus Platinum. I had plenty of APAC travel on Etihad - maybe that helped for the decision.
I do not have enough miles to spend for the upgrade unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.