Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:39 am

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a list of 380s that have the live tv option in ICE.
The 380 I flew from iAd to dxb didn’t have it while the 777 had it from dxb to india
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Hi TheJman05 and welcome on board. The only way to guarantee an exit row seat with EK nowadays is to pay up front. You can take the gamble and if at physical check in early enough you may be lucky to snag one, but bear in mind that it could be a middle seat which I personally would not select if the only exit seat available.

I’m 6ft 3in and have very little economy experience on EK but when I was on the A380 in a standard seat (aisle) I didn’t find the leg room too constraining so with that it’s either pony up the readies or take a gamble at check in. You shouldn’t have to pay to get an exit seat at check, only if you want to guarantee one prior to check in.

But once again, welcome to the EK forum. Hopefully you’ll stick around and join in further.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Legendary! Thanks for the welcome and the explanation!

Yeah, it sucks being tall and flying, unless you're able to afford business or first!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:26 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by TheJman05
Legendary! Thanks for the welcome and the explanation!

Yeah, it sucks being tall and flying, unless you're able to afford business or first!
Read around the forum. First & Business class travel doesn’t need to be out of your reach.

S
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74

Read around the forum. First & Business class travel doesn’t need to be out of your reach.

S
Thanks S! Will definitely have a look around.

If there's anything specific I should search, would be grateful for the headsup!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Any cheap ex-MCT/MAA/CMB cheap fares in J/F next may?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DatBoi
What's the best you've found so far? Do a search on ITA Matrix or Google Flights, post what you find and then we'll have a baseline to compare and offer suggestions. You seem to have enough data to do a search yourself, there are over 100 destinations in the EK network, so it's be quite fruitless for us to try figure out where you might want to go, or when in May, or how long or in what class.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 5:22 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by TheJman05
Thanks S! Will definitely have a look around.

If there's anything specific I should search, would be grateful for the headsup!
Look out for email upgrade offers, upgrades at check in, points of origin and creative routings, F & J saver fare availability. Sometimes it doesn’t cost that much to pay to go to the next cabin, point of reference being a flight I done myself from J saver to F saver on a PEK-GLA with the upgrade cost being £412.

Have a a good read through the forum and you will find other ways.

S
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:54 pm

Look at the Emirates desktop website for the respective departure countries....as others do.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:00 pm

yes...You can fly MCT/DXB and CMB/MLE .you're therefore luckier than many EK pax dispersed around the globe.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:00 am

Free Ticket

I've heard that Emirates offer you a free ticket if you travel with them 4 times. Is it true?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Okanda
I've heard that Emirates offer you a free ticket if you travel with them 4 times. Is it true?
Short answer is 'No'.

Long answer is: "That would mean a 20% discount' all the time. Does that make sense to you?"
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:00 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Definitely not true.

If you did 4 First Class returns, you *may* have enough Skywards points for a "free"* flight.

*Not actually free as you still have to pay taxes/surcharges.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
LOL. I wish! I'm doing my 10th trip with EK this year next week (10th return trip that is). No free tickets. If you're Gold 4 return tickets could earn you 60k miles, which on some routes is enough for a Y Saver return flight award, but you still pay surcharges and taxes.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 5:23 am

oh okay. btw thanks for replying guys. I wanted to make sure that what i've heard is true or not. Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:38 am

EK419

Hello -- sorry if this is a repeat question...I'm trying to plan what to take on the flight... Does anyone know if you get amenity kits on EK419 fm SYD-BKK? Flight leaves at 7pm but arrives at 0100 (9 hour flight). Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.