Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You absolutely can. Earlier this year I changed a LHR departure to a different date and to BHX. If day of departure don't check in online, or they have to ask airport to undo it. Phone is best option, EK Fall centres are excellent. Fare difference may apply
Thanks for that info, it's really helpful. I realise that there may be a fare difference, but its better than buying a whole new ticket. Chances are I'll be on my original flight, but I need to have a little flexibility. I sometimes find the Emirates website lacking in details, but thankfully there's Flyertalk!

Thanks for your help.

Darren
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:14 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Total EK newbie here but considering transferring a stack of AmEx UK points to Skywards and enjoying DXB-JNB in either F or J next year. Do miles/redemption bookings also get chauffeur drive at both ends (pick up in Abu Dhabi and drop off somewhere in Jo'burg)? Thanks in advance and rather looking forward to the prospect of a bling-tastic flight!

Work-Shy
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Total EK newbie here but considering transferring a stack of AmEx UK points to Skywards and enjoying DXB-JNB in either F or J next year. Do miles/redemption bookings also get chauffeur drive at both ends (pick up in Abu Dhabi and drop off somewhere in Jo'burg)? Thanks in advance and rather looking forward to the prospect of a bling-tastic flight!

Work-Shy
Yes, mileage redemptions qualify as if they were cash bookings.

Also anyone who says bling on the EK forum has to drink a shot of something
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Work-Shy

Work-Shy
As et points out, yes and have a drink!

Check availability first before transferring as it can be hard to get desired dates. Also check cost if surcharges and taxes, especially for SA flights they can be quite high, but if flying F theyre not as significant as for a Y redemption (as high as 70-80% of a cash ticket)
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Not a newbie but didn't want to start a new thread just for this query.
Can I guest hubby into First Lounge DXB if he's travelling Business and I'm in First.
I'm only silver so guess the answer is no?
Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Not a newbie but didn't want to start a new thread just for this query.
Can I guest hubby into First Lounge DXB if he's travelling Business and I'm in First.
I'm only silver so guess the answer is no?
Thanks!
You cannot guest as a Silver but he can pay the $100 to "upgrade" his lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by kq747
I thought so! Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:05 am

I need some newbie assistance please.
I am booking an Qantas awards flight from BKK to ATH via DXB with Emirates.
The only flight available requires a 7 hours stopover in Dubai so I want lounge access.
Therefore, I am thinking to book 2 separate award tickets, BKK to DXB in Business and then DXB to ATH in Economy.
Questions;
1. If I book it as 1 ticket will I be paying the business class miles for the whole trip, even if I take 1 leg in economy?
2. Will the ground staff at BKK be able to check my bag all the way through to ATH if I purchase this as 2 separate tickets?
3. Will this give me lounge access in DXB if only my incoming flight is in Business? Or would I need to book the second flight in Business? It's shorter so I would prefer not to.
Side note: I don't have any special 'status' and I'm not fussed about luggage allowance, my bag isn't that heavy.
Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kq747
Would any reasonable person find the $100 upgrade from J to F worth it?

Let's say...3 hours in the lounge. Scotch would be my likely beverage choice. Experience so far is the J lounges at DXB, which I have no complaints about.. Just wondering if it's worth it to do this once...just because.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by pinniped

Let's say...3 hours in the lounge. Scotch would be my likely beverage choice. Experience so far is the J lounges at DXB, which I have no complaints about.. Just wondering if it's worth it to do this once...just because.
If you like wine, it's definitely worth it!

Also the kitchen is very good in the F lounges.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:30 am

Depends how big of an avgeek you are and what currenc you're paying in ultimately (i.e. how strong/rich your home country is).
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Depends how big of an avgeek you are and what currenc you're paying in ultimately (i.e. how strong/rich your home country is).
Does the F lounge give you better views of everything? I don't usually think of DXB as a place to see unusual aircraft, simply because it's a sea of A380s and 777s... Cool, but I probably wouldn't upgrade for that. Would likely pay in USD.

Wines could be enticing. When I think of the great F lounges of the world, I compare them by their selection of single malts, but a prolonged wine tasting wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.

Since DXB is a connecting point for me, I'm rarely *hungry* when I'm there. EK feeds me well in the air! So food is less important, unless they do something really unique there that I definitely need to try.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:55 am

Does the F lounge give you better views of everything? I don't usually think of DXB as a place to see unusual aircraft, simply because it's a sea of A380s and 777s... Cool, but I probably wouldn't upgrade for that. Would likely pay in USD.

Wines could be enticing. When I think of the great F lounges of the world, I compare them by their selection of single malts, but a prolonged wine tasting wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either.

Since DXB is a connecting point for me, I'm rarely *hungry* when I'm there. EK feeds me well in the air! So food is less important, unless they do something really unique there that I definitely need to try.
Avgeeks are interested in lounges, too sometimes.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:21 am

Is there a pattern to EK F partner award space being released? I was planning on using JL miles to book EK F something like DFW-DXB-MLE-DXB-MXP-JFK or something of that sort but I am still short 15k miles for me and my wife. The trip will be in Summer '18 but I'm worried about EK F space becoming less and less available. Do the release space at set intervals, is it last minute mostly, or is it all at the start of the calendar?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Is there a pattern to EK F partner award space being released? I was planning on using JL miles to book EK F something like DFW-DXB-MLE-DXB-MXP-JFK or something of that sort but I am still short 15k miles for me and my wife. The trip will be in Summer '18 but I'm worried about EK F space becoming less and less available. Do the release space at set intervals, is it last minute mostly, or is it all at the start of the calendar?
Totally unpredictable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.