Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by fireflytraveller
We're (2 adults) booked BHX-DXB-KUL-LGK business class all legs

Return is standard class.

Tickets were booked as business saver outbound, economy saver return.

I'm considering upgrading to business class for our return joinery.

Am I likely to incur cancellation fees if I upgrade to business class for the return journey?
No, cancellation fees are incurred for cancellations. You are changing your ticket, however you won't incur a change fee either, as this is waived for upgrade to a higher class of travel.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not aware of a list, however you can find a (I think relatively complete) list of deliveries in this thread, from this page backwards:

EK Air Frame Delivery Info - 2017

EUZ, EUY have been delivered since august, EUT and EUW should have been, I don't know their status.

EK has slowed delivery to approx 1 a month right now so not a lot of new A380s coming out. Expect #100 to be unveiled/delivered around the time of the Dubai Air Show (my guess, not confirmed, but the timing works out, currently 98 in the fleet).

I don't know from which delivery onwards the new lounge is installed, but it has been delivered somewhere because there's been a reference to it by someone here who's been on it
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Does anyone have a list of the A380s that have been retrofitted with the new onboard lounge? Is there a stickied thread?
Ive had the new lounge twice last month, Dxb Kul ek342 and Kul Dxb ek343
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Does anyone have a list of the A380s that have been retrofitted with the new onboard lounge? Is there a stickied thread?
A6-EUX onwards, so a grand total of three aircraft, all of which are two class I believe.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: Emirates
No, cancellation fees are incurred for cancellations. You are changing your ticket, however you won't incur a change fee either, as this is waived for upgrade to a higher class of travel.
OK, thank you sky
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
however you won't incur a change fee either, as this is waived for upgrade to a higher class of travel.
^ I'm always amazed that some airlines either (a) make this difficult or (b) do not permit no-fee changes to a higher cabin at all...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 6:56 am

Strange thing happens today. I have my flight departing Oct.21 (2 legs). I had chosen my seats in advance for all 4 legs (2 out, 2 in). I went to Manage my Booking today and the seat assignment for leg 1 disappeared (as I have no seat assigned)!
I picked a normal aisle seat, nothing special.
The flight is zeroed in Y and few left in C.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by petercek
Strange thing happens today. I have my flight departing Oct.21 (2 legs). I had chosen my seats in advance for all 4 legs (2 out, 2 in). I went to Manage my Booking today and the seat assignment for leg 1 disappeared (as I have no seat assigned)!
Maybe an equipment swap or general IT bug
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:34 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Have experienced this a few times. At OLCI it just issued the BP’s with the expected seats. Seems an IT bug as skywardshunter also suggests.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:43 pm

I did an OLCI and they moved me to 8H (emergency exit seat).
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:05 am

I did an OLCI and they moved me to 8H (emergency exit seat).
On a 777? More likely a bulkhead (with bassinet).
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:26 am

How is it with chauffeur service on F tickets booked with Skywards points? Is it also discontinued or is that only for award tickets booked on other programs (Alaska etc.).
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by RVH85
How is it with chauffeur service on F tickets booked with Skywards points? Is it also discontinued or is that only for award tickets booked on other programs (Alaska etc.).
Skywards redemptions in both J and F receive complimentary chauffeur drive
RVH85 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Executive club Gold ,Skywards
Does anyone know what the breakfast service is like in J on a flight out of DBX to BKK at 03:30 ? Is it served at the beginning of the flight or near to the end ?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
On a 777? More likely a bulkhead (with bassinet).
It ended with an op up :-)
thijsseh and Stephenk82 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:05 pm

Could some one give me a link to how many seats a week EK to Australia, and how many more are in the pipeline please.

Also how many weekly flights there are to Australia, and how many more flights EK can add before the air agreement is maxed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.