FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1727183-emirates-amenity-bags-kits.html)

jackiedada Nov 26, 2015 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 25777272)
Are amenity kits available in First Class (if requested?) even on shorter sectors, for example DXB-DEL? Thanks.

I don't think so - I doubt they even load it on such short sectors. But no harm in checking.

m3red Nov 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 25777297)
I don't think so - I doubt they even load it on such short sectors. But no harm in checking.

We got them Dxb to sez for some reason.

NoY Nov 27, 2015 12:20 am

I shall ask & report back!

Antdenatale Nov 29, 2015 1:46 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 25776387)
Now drop the feigned interest in amenity kits & associated stuff ioto :D

I know you lost your enthusiasm/excitement re such things long ago (much like myself, TBH.....!)

It was only this week that I realized how many of these damn bags I have at home, normally I come home and dump them in a cupboard, this week I had a clean out and there were over 40 of the bloody things there, most of them unopened!

I think I will just refuse now, although I do like when they are given out on the silver plate too....very classy....haha

subject2load Nov 29, 2015 4:19 am

I sympathise Antdenatale, although I do have a practical suggestion by way of solution for disposal.

There is apparently significant demand for these things on that well-known auction website. But then you would have the problem of packing up & posting them. Not worth the hassle, obviously.

Do what I did with my own collection, and take them to that most British of events : a Sunday morning car boot sale. No shortage of willing buyers .....:cool:

lighthand Nov 29, 2015 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Antdenatale (Post 25784987)
It was only this week that I realized how many of these damn bags I have at home, normally I come home and dump them in a cupboard, this week I had a clean out and there were over 40 of the bloody things there, most of them unopened!

I think I will just refuse now, although I do like when they are given out on the silver plate too....very classy....haha

I just put them all in one big bag, every few months I just drop whatever's unused off at nearest shelter or soup kitchen. You'll be surprised how grateful they are for toothbrush, tooth paste, etc.

On side note, shampoo and soap are also always appreciated.

ioto1902 Nov 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by lighthand (Post 25786328)
I just put them all in one big bag, every few months I just drop whatever's unused off at nearest shelter or soup kitchen. You'll be surprised how grateful they are for toothbrush, tooth paste, etc.

On side note, shampoo and soap are also always appreciated.

^ ^

NoY Dec 1, 2015 4:43 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 25777470)
I shall ask & report back!

No amenity kit loaded DXB-DEL in F. Not a problem but no hand lotion at all in the bathrooms (is this an Aceboy thing?) or from crew (not an issue really) but is unusual IME.

I shall write up my thoughts on the EK experience given this was my first flight with them since 2002 & I am an EY fan....to date.

subject2load Dec 1, 2015 5:42 am

Yes NoY, aceboy is indeed widely regarded as our resident expert on hand lotion, and in his defence I have to say you would struggle to find anyone on FT more highly qualified on the complex subject.

(AFAIK, he's no slouch either when it comes to the wacky world of amenity kits and PJ's etc .....)

NoY Dec 1, 2015 5:46 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 25795030)
Yes NoY, aceboy is indeed widely regarded as our resident expert on hand lotion, and in his defence I have to say you would struggle to find anyone on FT more highly qualified on the complex subject.

(AFAIK, he's no slouch either when it comes to the wacky world of amenity kits and PJ's etc .....)

Duly noted.

I shall, of course, defer to his greater knowledge whenever the need arises, which it undoubtedly will ;)

travelinmanS Dec 5, 2015 6:12 am

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Got my first amenity kit today. Lots of useless fragrance and cream but no useful ear plugs inside. Thankfully I had an old AF amenity kit
in my carry on that had the plugs I needed. EK was a good airline though, not a bad way to get between Asia and Europe at a reasonable cost.

eternaltransit Dec 5, 2015 6:34 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS (Post 25817241)
Got my first amenity kit today. Lots of useless fragrance and cream but no useful ear plugs inside. Thankfully I had an old AF amenity kit
in my carry on that had the plugs I needed. EK was a good airline though, not a bad way to get between Asia and Europe at a reasonable cost.

Earplugs available on request in all classes, standard orange 3M foam ones.

ioto1902 Dec 5, 2015 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS (Post 25817241)

Hum. Interesting comment.
I definitively prefer EK kit over AF kit. Just compare the FCL toothbrush ...

Redhat72 Jun 5, 2016 9:42 am

Do they offer any amenity kits in Business class on BOM-DXB sectors? If yes, what should I expect?

m3red Jun 5, 2016 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72 (Post 26731647)
Do they offer any amenity kits in Business class on BOM-DXB sectors? If yes, what should I expect?

No, it's 3 hours so ŷou won't get a kit