FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1727183-emirates-amenity-bags-kits.html)

jackiedada Aug 20, 2015 11:35 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 25300801)
Ek18 is just as inconsistent. I'm on 17 on the 11th sept back to Dxb on the 14th.

Will report back for amenity kit lovers :D

Not offered the last time I flew.

m3red Aug 20, 2015 11:41 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 25300828)
Not offered the last time I flew.

I don't need a kit to go to the bar :D

Katykat Aug 20, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm taking the EK 17. What amenities are available in the shower area in the J lounge prior to boarding. I'd like to freshen up before I board if there is no on board kit. Otherwise I'll have to pack some.

eternaltransit Aug 20, 2015 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat (Post 25301998)
I'm taking the EK 17. What amenities are available in the shower area in the J lounge prior to boarding. I'd like to freshen up before I board if there is no on board kit. Otherwise I'll have to pack some.

Even if there is no on board amenity kit, the on board lavatories have dental kits, combs etc. No lotion though ;)

Lounges are similarly equipped.

subject2load Aug 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Can't help but wonder what new posters must make of our frequent - but seemingly arbitrary - references to (hand) lotion !

That infamous thread has pretty much cemented its place as one of the most bizarre in the history of the EK sub-forum ..:D

Katykat Aug 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 25302261)
Can't help but wonder what new posters must make of our frequent - but seemingly arbitrary - references to (hand) lotion !

That infamous thread has pretty much cemented its place as one of the most bizarre in the history of the EK sub-forum ..:D

I'm personally not bothered about hand lotion. All I'd like is soap ( or lotion) to freshen up, toothpaste & deodorant. It's not that people are obsessed with amenity kits per se, more the fact that hand luggage lotions are restricted these days. It bugs me having to either pack lotions that measure less than 100mls, or go shopping in duty free.

eternaltransit Aug 21, 2015 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Katykat (Post 25303805)
I'm personally not bothered about hand lotion. All I'd like is soap ( or lotion) to freshen up, toothpaste & deodorant. It's not that people are obsessed with amenity kits per se, more the fact that hand luggage lotions are restricted these days. It bugs me having to either pack lotions that measure less than 100mls, or go shopping in duty free.

No deodorant in the lounge facilities - you'll need to bring your own or visit one of the duty free shops. I'd probably do this at your departing airport, as the DXB shops that sell things like deodorant are situated far from lounge access points so you'll have to double back when going to the lounge :)

anchor79 Aug 24, 2015 9:09 pm

so DXB-MUC = no amenities bag at all?

jackiedada Aug 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by anchor79 (Post 25323017)
so DXB-MUC = no amenities bag at all?

Unlikely, but try asking and if they have any loaded they might hand out one.

HGHUA Aug 25, 2015 3:19 am

So now I can confirm there are many different types of amenity kits in F now. I got one that was pictured a few posts up but in a darker leather, another male one with no handle, and a new satin finish one for females. Wonder why they have so many kinds now...

I posted some pics on my trip report.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...h-dxb-hkg.html

eternaltransit Aug 25, 2015 4:00 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA (Post 25324018)
So now I can confirm there are many different types of amenity kits in F now. I got one that was pictured a few posts up but in a darker leather, another male one with no handle, and a new satin finish one for females. Wonder why they have so many kinds now...

I posted some pics on my trip report.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...h-dxb-hkg.html

Spoke to one of the crew - their rationale is that EK want you to have different kits when going out and coming back.

However - this may be the face-saving explanation for a procurement person messing up :D

HGHUA Aug 25, 2015 7:08 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 25324113)
Spoke to one of the crew - their rationale is that EK want you to have different kits when going out and coming back.

However - this may be the face-saving explanation for a procurement person messing up :D

Well that certainly would make things a bit more interesting I'll admit. Next step, unique one of a kind kits for each and every passenger. Tailored of course by each passengers personal preference and made by a master craftsman in Italy before being shipped worldwide in time for the flight. :p

jackiedada Aug 25, 2015 10:21 am

Originally Posted by HGHUA (Post 25324705)
Well that certainly would make things a bit more interesting I'll admit. Next step, unique one of a kind kits for each and every passenger. Tailored of course by each passengers personal preference and made by a master craftsman in Italy before being shipped worldwide in time for the flight. :p

I'd just collect the amenity kit and then get off the a/c :D

chelseastu Aug 25, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm flying tomorrow night and have hundreds of these things. I would like to give a few to work colleagues, can I ask the FA to give me a female kit instead ?

kuroko Aug 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by chelseastu (Post 25327088)
I'm flying tomorrow night and have hundreds of these things. I would like to give a few to work colleagues, can I ask the FA to give me a female kit instead ?

Have done that, should not be an issue