FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1727183-emirates-amenity-bags-kits.html)

subject2load Jul 19, 2015 2:40 am

Originally Posted by pacman3 (Post 25124056)
Bless you, subject2load. I, like most of my ilk, believe that I am the only one in the universe suffering from a psychiatric disorder. I've made an appointment with a therapist, have put all the amenity kits in a large plastic bag (granted that wasn't easy - took the better part of the afternoon, with a lot of encouragement from 3 friends I invited over [they didn't want them]). My handwritten contract speaks to delivering said plastic bag to the mental health professional to hold in escrow as I work my way through my issues.....................

Too funny pacman !! :D

I'll never be able to read another of those familiar posts ("I have just booked to fly Emirates for the first time and although my departure date is two years away, I'm desperate to know if I will be getting an amenity kit" ......) without thinking of the trials & tribulations involved in tackling your unfortunate Amenity Kit Hyperactivity Disorder affliction.

PS dare I ask ..... have you ever suffered from PJ issues too ....??

tezzer Jul 19, 2015 1:33 pm

I've got a couple of dozen at the moment, last year my daughter (Army Nurse) took about 3 or so that I had to work, and handed them out to patients who had nothing, as gifts, they were very well received.

pacman3 Jul 19, 2015 10:48 pm

Damn.... someone brought up the PJs! YES, I admit it that I have a similar number of sets of PJs as the number of amenity kits I've already copped to! To be honest, though, I tend to think of the PJs (and especially the slippers - OMG!) as diversion from the amenity kit condition. After all, I really do use them at least once after a flight - then, predictably, they end up shoved in a chest of drawers in one of the guest rooms at home (my own private space!).

After a number of weeks of therapy with my qualified mental health therapist (I haven't ventured to ask how one becomes 'qualified', but I suspect it has to do with licensure, experience dealing with first-world idiots like me with not a lot to worry about, and perhaps a few other things - @$275 an hour by the way!), I think I've stumbled upon my OCD with the amenity kits:

JUST SAY "NO"!

After all, didn't Nancy Reagan carry the torch (30 years ago? ugh!) to reject illicit drugs, and whatnot? I am going to 'man-up' and "JUST SAY NO" when offered an amenity kit in a couple of months on my next LAX-DXB flight.

Now, with respect to the PJs.....hmmm. Let me think about that one.

jackiedada Aug 9, 2015 2:14 am

New F Amenity Kit

OK, so I noticed that there is a new F Amenity kit that was handed out on 203. The contents are the same as before but the bag has changed to a much softer material and without the cloth bag that it would come in previously. I preferred the earlier one. Also not sure if the material is genuine leather but will get a better sense when I get to take a closer look in my hotel. Shall post some pictures when I have a better internet connection.

Bau Aug 9, 2015 2:44 am

I believe there's a new amenity kit bag in business as well, this one is square and personally I like it more than the previous one. The content is the same as the old one.

m3red Aug 9, 2015 2:59 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada (Post 25242586)
OK, so I noticed that there is a new F Amenity kit that was handed out on 203. The contents are the same as before but the bag has changed to a much softer material and without the cloth bag that it would come in previously. I preferred the earlier one. Also not sure if the material is genuine leather but will get a better sense when I get to take a closer look in my hotel. Shall post some pictures when I have a better internet connection.

no leather bag anymore? Please post some pics up.

subject2load Aug 9, 2015 3:25 am

Wot no leather .....?? :eek::eek:

A very worrying development. The world is doomed.

m3red Aug 9, 2015 4:05 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 25242733)
Wot no leather .....?? :eek::eek:

A very worrying development. The world is doomed.

you know we love an amenity kit on here!

subject2load Aug 9, 2015 6:19 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 25242819)
you know we love an amenity kit on here!

I do indeed !

Speaking of which ..... I'm thinking of flying DXB-MCT in around nine months from now. My preferred option is the 02.40 departure. I know the sector is only around 60 mins, but I need to know if it's classed as an 'overnighter' and whether I will get an amenity kit, oh and PJ's too (whaddya mean .....I won't ?!! ..... :( :( )

m3red Aug 9, 2015 6:43 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 25243060)
I do indeed !

Speaking of which ..... I'm thinking of flying DXB-MCT in around nine months from now. My preferred option is the 02.40 departure. I know the sector is only around 60 mins, but I need to know if it's classed as an 'overnighter' and whether I will get an amenity kit, oh and PJ's too (whaddya mean .....I won't ?!! ..... :( :( )

60 mins? More like 35 mins and no kit for sure!

subject2load Aug 9, 2015 6:49 am

You confirm my very worst fears. How am I expected to survive without one......?

HGHUA Aug 9, 2015 9:02 pm

Pics please!

pacman3 Aug 9, 2015 9:15 pm

Deep, slow breaths, Subject - I find that always helps in tragic circumstances such as this. Honestly, my closets smell like cow-hide from all those damnable bags that I refuse to throw away. A nice, high-quality cloth version (perhaps with a hard leather bottom like the present ones) could be quite nice. I do kind of like the Bulgari cologne - whenever I take a whiff of it on the ground, I am reminded of EK as the entire shower/spa and most of the cabin smells like Bulgari. Please don't replace that product with Elemis or Molton Brown, like one of my other well-traveled carriers!

jackiedada Aug 10, 2015 4:16 am

Here are some pics. The Bag is Bvlgari. I think the material may be actually be leather - that is my sense but I cant seem to make out still (no expert). There are no labels on the inside on where it is made or what the material is. I actually seem to like this bag more now that when I first got it - I was thinking then "oh no - another one of those cost-cutting measures by EK.

The Bag:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/aymzk5.jpg

Inside:
http://i58.tinypic.com/10en4p1.jpg

Contents:
http://i59.tinypic.com/35me35l.jpg

HGHUA Aug 10, 2015 4:29 am

Thx for the pics. Hmm, doesn't look too bad. I think it might be a step up actually if its a genuine more supple leather.