FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1727183-emirates-amenity-bags-kits.html)

m3red Jun 10, 2016 5:55 am

I have always had the kits Dxb Cpt and return.

I've had them back from SIN ek355 recently and on the way back from sez

EK make it up as they go but generally night flights over about 5 hours or longer day flights in f get them.

ukdoctor Jun 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Does anyone use anything from the amenity kits??. I mainly take them so that I can give it as a gift to relatives.

I carry my own aftershave and use the dental kit from the aircraft/lounge and the shaving kit from the lounge.

kuroko Jun 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor (Post 26759809)
Does anyone use anything from the amenity kits??. I mainly take them so that I can give it as a gift to relatives.

I carry my own aftershave and use the dental kit from the aircraft/lounge and the shaving kit from the lounge.

+1

I just dont get the hype with those amenity kits, sorry. Most of the things with me, some anyway on the toilet, only thing I really care about would be hand lotion :D

badgersfly Jun 10, 2016 3:55 pm

The only thing I find it useful for is the bag itself. I believe Emirates has the nicest bags out there. What's in the bag is of no concern to me. I still use my first EK amenity kit bag as my normal toiletry travel bag.

ioto1902 Jun 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Does anyone use anything from the amenity kits??. I mainly take them so that I can give it as a gift to relatives....

+1

... give it to friends, friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends.

We must admit that the poach and its content are probably the most complete and qualitative among airlines.

zrs70 Jun 11, 2016 1:30 am

How about Mxp-Jfk in F. Does that warrant an amenity kit?

ft101 Jun 11, 2016 2:20 am

The little tins of shaving foam, as they get through security when travelling with hand baggage only.

Redhat72 Jul 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Emirates introduces world's first interactive amenity kit for Economy class

Emirates has unveiled what it says is “the world’s first interactive amenity kit in economy class”.

The new kit features Blippar augmented reality technology, which enables passengers to “unlock immersive content on mobile devices”.

Travellers first need to download the Blippar app from the Apple Store or Google Play, and then scan the bag to unlock content including activities and health tips. The content will be refreshed every six months.

Aside from the AR technology, the new economy kits include an eye mask, earplugs, toothbrush and toothpaste, and socks, and come in six different designs inspired by six regions of the Emirates network – Australasia, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Europe and the Far East.

They are made of water resistant Neoprene material, and “designed to be reused after the flight to store anything from devices to cosmetics or stationery”.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...-amenity-kits/

More information on Emirates website

http://www.emirates.com/in/english/f..._location=home

ioto1902 Jul 21, 2016 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Redhat72 (Post 26946237)
Emirates introduces world's first interactive amenity kit for Economy class

[I]Emirates has unveiled what it says is “the world’s first interactive amenity kit in economy class”. ....

"available on select flights" : anybody know what this means ?
It is probably "onboard long haul". Am I guessing right ?

(I'm tempted to fly Y :D:D)

skywardhunter Jul 21, 2016 2:40 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902 (Post 26946610)

well, flights that offer an amenity kit, so long-haul on specific routes, someone probably has a list

m3red Jul 21, 2016 2:44 am

let me know how that goes! :D

subject2load Jul 21, 2016 3:18 am

Are you sure you've thought this through ioto ......??

The notion that you might be susceptible to AKOD is one thing ; a sudden wacky desire to travel down the back is quite another ......

F23Coupe Aug 1, 2016 9:05 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902 (Post 25776452)
busted ! :D

Ioto et al.,

Do you know what is the model # of the Taylor of Old Bond Street razor included in the F amenity kit? Can it be reused with replacement cartridges (Mach 3, Fusion and etc.)? If so, which cartridge?

Thank you in advance!

londonba2014 Aug 1, 2016 12:02 pm

Are Amenity Kits available on request in Y on flights to DXB from London?

eternaltransit Aug 1, 2016 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by londonba2014 (Post 26999047)
Are Amenity Kits available on request in Y on flights to DXB from London?

It's only since today that Y even has amenity kits - they should be available on night flights only but as with all new EK launches it will probably be a bit irregular to start with!

However, you can request dental kits, earplugs, etc from the crew. Hand lotion/cologne is in the lavatories.