Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:06 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by akober220
Is there any way to pay for CD? I'm arriving into AUH at 1am and need to get to DXB for my 10am flight. Both flights are on F award tickets, so I'm not entitled to either airlines' free chauffeur. I'd be happy to pay for it just for ease, but can't seem to find a way. Any ideas? Or recommendations for alternatives?
No
Just book through a service like Blacklane.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by S.R
No
Just book through a service like Blacklane.
booked at the moment through Sixt’s chauffeur service, thinking since they provide the Etihad service, might be easy.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 4:36 am

We used them in October for six passengers turned up in two nice vehicles and transfer was smooth and friendly, we will be using again in a few weeks I do not anticipate any problems.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:03 am

Just flew London to Dubai business return for the first time in December 2023. I wondered about how Emirates chauffeur worked and read many good posts here. Here’s my experience to help others.

About two weeks before my flight, I entered all my details on the Emirates app for chauffeur bookings. I noticed that afterwards, I could see the time I requested but under address it simply said ‘on file’. So there was no way for me to double check what I entered.

Drop off to LHR
At exactly 48 hours before my flight (same time as when check in is available), Addison Lee sent me an SMS with a link asking me to confirm my booking.
30 minutes before actual pick up time, I get another SMS to say the driver is on the way.

Arriving at DXB
As you exit baggage claim, there is a separate exit for Emirates chauffeur service. The staff here checked my passport and printed out a ticket. As I walked out, I handed my ticket to another staff member who told me which car to get in.

Drop off to DXB
24 hours before my flight, I got an SMS confirming my booking (although it didn’t say much)
Then only when the driver had arrived for the pick up did I get another SMS to say he was waiting.

Arriving at LHR
Like before, SMS 48 hours before the flight from Addison Lee asking me to confirm the booking.
After exiting baggage claim there is an Emirates office and my driver was waiting there. I noticed all the drivers there were holding name signs so I assume they may greet you too.
HoneymoonFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:35 am

GLA-MEL 30th November, returning end of February. About our 12th business class flight with Emirates. Be aware that Emirates (and not Addison-Lee or any other provider) changed their policy on 1/1/23; free CD within 70 miles by road, not as the crow flies as with our previous 12 trips. We were shocked to receive an email the day before travel with an invoice for just under £100. When queried we got a 'nothing to do with us, it's Emirates new policy, do you want a number to ring to discuss it with them, if you don't pay we'll cancel your booking. We will ask for the same amount the day before your return flight'. So, since Covid - Emirates have nearly doubled business class fares, give you fewer Skywards miles for the same trip and now charge for over 70 miles on the CD. Why do we continue to fly with them? They are the only airline flying from Glasgow with one stop to Australia, they are the only airline including CD (albeit on a changed basis), a bit of force of habit, better the devil you know etc. We'll be investigating alternatives next time before automatically booking with Emirates. I think Addison Lee sub contract to West of Scotland limousines for some/all of GLA business but I might be wrong?

Last edited by OzTennis; Jan 1, 2024 at 1:50 am
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:24 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by OzTennis
GLA-MEL 30th November, returning end of February. About our 12th business class flight with Emirates. Be aware that Emirates (and not Addison-Lee or any other provider) changed their policy on 1/1/23; free CD within 70 miles by road, not as the crow flies as with our previous 12 trips. We were shocked to receive an email the day before travel with an invoice for just under £100. When queried we got a 'nothing to do with us, it's Emirates new policy, do you want a number to ring to discuss it with them, if you don't pay we'll cancel your booking. We will ask for the same amount the day before your return flight'. So, since Covid - Emirates have nearly doubled business class fares, give you fewer Skywards miles for the same trip and now charge for over 70 miles on the CD. Why do we continue to fly with them? They are the only airline flying from Glasgow with one stop to Australia, they are the only airline including CD (albeit on a changed basis), a bit of force of habit, better the devil you know etc. We'll be investigating alternatives next time before automatically booking with Emirates. I think Addison Lee sub contract to West of Scotland limousines for some/all of GLA business but I might be wrong?
That ‘driven miles’ limit for UK airports has been on the website since before Covid, but it does not seem to have been enforced. Sad to see that it is now. I live 66 driven miles from LGW, so as long as Addison Lee use the same method to calculate the distance (I get the same on Google maps and on Apple Maps) I seem to be safe. LHR used to be OK as the crow flies but certainly not for driven miles.
In AMS the driven miles rule has been used since I first used the service there in around 2017. I have always been ‘over the limit’ there and had to pay the driver.
In CPT I am usually less than 30% of the maximum away from the airport so I don’t know if the driven miles rule is enforced there.
And yes, I agree that it becomes increasingly difficult to ‘automatically’ book EK.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:06 pm

Woohoo: Emirates relaunches Chauffeur-Drive Service at Tokyo-Haneda for its First and Business Class Passengers

Link
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:24 am

If one pax is entitled to the business class chauffeur and the other isnt, can both pax use the same car to/from airport without additional charge?

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2024, 1:29 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
If one pax is entitled to the business class chauffeur and the other isnt, can both pax use the same car to/from airport without additional charge?
Yes. No problem.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by thijsseh
That ‘driven miles’ limit for UK airports has been on the website since before Covid, but it does not seem to have been enforced. Sad to see that it is now. I live 66 driven miles from LGW, so as long as Addison Lee use the same method to calculate the distance (I get the same on Google maps and on Apple Maps) I seem to be safe. LHR used to be OK as the crow flies but certainly not for driven miles.
One thing that potentially bothers me is the choice of route - will Addison Lee always take the shortest route, even if traffic conditions mean that it will take much longer? For example, last summer we needed to get from Twickenham to Stansted. That's well under 70 miles by the shortest route through Central London, but over 70 miles by what is often the quickest route round the M25. Who decides which route to take? If Central London is jammed up will A-L go the quick way, and, if so, do I have to pay the extra on the day?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:01 pm

If I have an economy flex reservation, is it possible to use Gold status to get the chaffeur drive, or somehow to pay for it or get a discounted price for it? This is US-based, flying out of LAX and need to travel to LAX from San Diego
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:15 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by himavant
If I have an economy flex reservation, is it possible to use Gold status to get the chaffeur drive, or somehow to pay for it or get a discounted price for it? This is US-based, flying out of LAX and need to travel to LAX from San Diego
Chauffeur drive is not available with PE or Economy, only Business and First. Your Skywards status is simply not a consideration.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Gold; EK Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PaulC852
One thing that potentially bothers me is the choice of route - will Addison Lee always take the shortest route, even if traffic conditions mean that it will take much longer? For example, last summer we needed to get from Twickenham to Stansted. That's well under 70 miles by the shortest route through Central London, but over 70 miles by what is often the quickest route round the M25. Who decides which route to take? If Central London is jammed up will A-L go the quick way, and, if so, do I have to pay the extra on the day?
Just ask the driver. Generally, they're receptive to route suggestions. If it's an EK chauffeur drive, you won't be asked to pay the difference.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:28 am

Hi! I have a question on the distance covered for free using the free chauffeur service on business class flights. Is it:
- The actual distance driven
- The shortest possible distance if highways etc are avoided (like "walking" on google maps)
- as the crow flies?

I'm getting conflicting information. The website says shortest distance, but when I called Emirates the guy said it's the actual distance driven. When I search on google most people say as the crow flies...
I'll be landing in Munich and would like to drive to Rosenheim. Google maps says its 104km on the fastest route, but 78km if I avoid highways.

Would I need to pay extra? And would i need to force the driver to actually avoid the highway?

Thank you!
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:00 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Letting someone else use my chauffeur drive

Might be flying out of LAX in a few months where I will be arriving on a domestic connection so will not be utilizing my chauffeur drive service.
My wife will be on an award ticket for the same EK flight, but she will be originating in LA so could utilize my chauffeur service.
My question is, would it be possible/noticed if I just book my chauffeur drive for her pickup? Will the driver care/notice the gender difference and make a fuss that she is not the intended pax?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.