Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:11 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Out of interest, how did you know it was an iO car?
Front passenger door of the car has the red and black iO logo on it. In place of where it usually says “Emirates First” with the gold streak
thijsseh and murtaza12 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:16 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I think I answered my own questions, and think we need to update the wiki.

I got picked up in a 7 Series today for the ride back to DXB and it was an F car, as it had Emirates First written on the door.
So maybe they just don’t differentiate between F/iO cars anymore?
Can any iOs/DXB regulars verify?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S.R
I think I answered my own questions, and think we need to update the wiki.

I got picked up in a 7 Series today for the ride back to DXB and it was an F car, as it had Emirates First written on the door.
So maybe they just don’t differentiate between F/iO cars anymore?
Can any iOs/DXB regulars verify?
Have been meaning to update, forgot about it.

Yes, IOs and F get the same cars now. W222 S-Class or G11 7 Series. Only difference are the logos on the front doors. Just saw someone in Marina getting picked up in a 7-Series with 'Emirates First' on the door two days ago.

J still gets the G31 5-Series Touring, but they are being regularly updated. Newer ones (with the facelift lights) have been added to the fleet, with the older 2018/2019/2020 models slowly being phased out depending on mileage.
S.R likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:48 pm

Flying into DXB on a F miles reward flight. Is it even worth passing by the chauffer desk to see if they could get me a car to the city? Or is there no point in even trying?
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:34 pm

No point, they'll know as soon as they open your booking.

With taxis and Lexus transfers so cheap and plentiful at DXB, is it even worth the attempt?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:54 am

I'm flying back from Dubai in December and I am flying business - my friend is on the same plane, but he booked business through miles while I paid for my flight. I know we can both ride in the car home, but will they allow us to make two stops? Drop me off first then him? Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by bulls011
I'm flying back from Dubai in December and I am flying business - my friend is on the same plane, but he booked business through miles while I paid for my flight. I know we can both ride in the car home, but will they allow us to make two stops? Drop me off first then him? Thanks!
Likely no.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by bulls011
If the drop offs are very nearby I think the driver might be ok with it if you give him a tip in advance. Otherwise if they are not that close then no, it think its unlikely as they tend to be paid very little and have quite a few jobs on in order to make decent money.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by stargold
No point, they'll know as soon as they open your booking.

With taxis and Lexus transfers so cheap and plentiful at DXB, is it even worth the attempt?
what service are you referring to for Lexus transfers?

would like to prearrange transfer to IC Marina. IC forum say hotel car ok but expensive, might as well take taxi. If a Lexus prearranged transfer is reasonable, would strongly consider.

need round trip from/to airport. On 19 hour overnight transit connection, from BKK onward to JFK in Business, with IC Dubai Marina booked for a place to sleep. I gather EK Chauffeur Drive doesn’t apply in Dubai on this itinerary.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
what service are you referring to for Lexus transfers?

would like to prearrange transfer to IC Marina. IC forum say hotel car ok but expensive, might as well take taxi. If a Lexus prearranged transfer is reasonable, would strongly consider.

need round trip from/to airport. On 19 hour overnight transit connection, from BKK onward to JFK in Business, with IC Dubai Marina booked for a place to sleep. I gather EK Chauffeur Drive doesn’t apply in Dubai on this itinerary.
If you just go to the taxi que and go to the second lane, you will find what they call "limousines" e.g. Tesla or Lexus. These are run buy Dubai Taxi Corporations just like the normal cabs. It does not actually cost that much more than a regular cab but worth it for sure. Will cost you approx. AED 140 to IC Marina.

It less hassle than pre booking one.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thanks for the tip. Will probably do that.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Flew F on the weekend ATH-DXB-MEL. Stopover in Dubai for 3 days.
At ATH: No service
At DXB: S Class with Emirates First on the door and then back in a 7 series with the same logo.
At MEL: Mercedes Van
Old Jan 2, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Am I the only one to consider the downgrade from class S to class E for First pax ( outside Dubai) is not just a detail ? Before Covid-19 travel to/from airport in Série 7, class S or A8 was a real first part of the travel in luxury conditions. Now in a class E it is just a Uber black travel, ans sometimes ( like yesterday) it is even below ( no water, no assistance by the driver for trolley, …)
Old Jan 2, 2023, 5:00 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Jean97
Am I the only one to consider the downgrade from class S to class E for First pax ( outside Dubai) is not just a detail ? Before Covid-19 travel to/from airport in Série 7, class S or A8 was a real first part of the travel in luxury conditions. Now in a class E it is just a Uber black travel, ans sometimes ( like yesterday) it is even below ( no water, no assistance by the driver for trolley, …)
Last time in business class I got a normal run of the mill Toyota cab. In Brisbane. So in other words, emirates paid me a cab.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Originally Posted by Coffee drinker
Last time in business class I got a normal run of the mill Toyota cab. In Brisbane. So in other words, emirates paid me a cab.
it would confirm this perk might be regularly downgraded in the coming months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.