Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023, 12:35 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
I dont profess to be an expert......

Similar situation. AKL to DXB and 36 hrs in Dubai and the DXB to LHR.
CD wasnt available as an option.
Emirates told me to have a paper copy of my ticket and just present to the CD desk on arrival.
I did and had CD in both directions.
Etch likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 2:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Etch
I am flying into Dubai from Bangkok next month in First for the first time and have an overnight stay in Dubai before flying to LHR also in First and the travel agent I used confirmed I would get Chauffeur Drive for the whole trip including in overnight stop in Dubai.

E-ticket was issued last Friday and Chauffeur Drive bookings became available in the Emirates App in MMB, when I went to check, I noticed for Dubai pick up / drop off options are showing as “not offered.”

Called travel agent to query and I was reassured that I definitely get transfers in First and they proceeded to book them for Dubai, but when checking the next day, still not showing up in MMB, so after a couple more calls, staff member number 4 that I I speak to at travel agent advises me that as the time between the flights is just over 20 hours I am under the 24 hour requirement, so actually Emirates won’t provide chauffeur drive in Dubai and the travel agent cannot therefore offer this to me. I explain had none of the previous 3 staff members told me this and had I been told this when selecting the flights when I went ahead with the booking, I would have chosen a later flight to meet said criteria.

Naturally I.m less than impressed with this and asked the travel agent how they were going to resolve this, they said they would speak to a manager and call me back the next day (yesterday) now 2 days later I’m still waiting to hear back.

Will give it a few more days but if they don’t respond, would there be any point in me maybe perhaps calling Emirates directly to see if there is any option to avail of the chauffeur drive in Dubai or is that a total no chance and I’d need to look at booking some other transfers independently?

Trying to assess possible options to try and have the experience I was expecting with flying in First.
The issue here is that <24 hours is a connection, not a stopover and therefore the travel agent is simply wrong in telling you that you qualify for CD. Those are the rules. It’s not Emirates’ fault but the travel agent’s.

Having said that, I would definitely ask Emirates by phone. If you are still unsuccessful, go to the CD desk in arrivals (it’s to the right after baggage claim, can’t miss is), show your BP and chances are that you’ll get a car. Not sure how you’ll book a car for the return, just ask.
Etch likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Thanks very much for responding, really appreciate it.

I’ll give Emirates UK a call and see if they can do anything to help
Old Apr 2, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
They don't seem to differentiate. I got the standard BMW tourer when arriving in F a couple of weeks back. Same type of car for the return (in J).

No complaints - perfectly comfortable.
Just wanted to report back as I arrived into DXB yesterday in F. There said F passengers are offered Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series. Whereas business class passengers are usually given BMW 5 series, touring or Mercedes E class.. Of course sometimes when no cars are available, F and J passengers may be given whatever is available.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
I posted this to the newbie forum but this looks like a better place. I have a ticket from BRU to Tokyo (NRT) via DBX. My ticket is in F. As far as I can tell, there chauffeur service is available in BRU to get to the airport but not in Tokyo when I arrive. Does Emirates offer any assistance getting to a hotel at the destination in those situations?
Old Apr 9, 2023, 2:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
Does Emirates offer any assistance getting to a hotel at the destination in those situations?
No, you're on your own. Same as the other cities that don't offer CD.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
No transfers in Morocco, right? Do I need to reserve F transfers in DXB to hotel and back in advance?
Old May 7, 2023, 5:46 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
No transfers in Morocco

On arrival in DXB you don't need to have reserved a car, it is best to but for pickup you definitely need a minimum of 6 hours (last I checked) in F
Old May 7, 2023, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zol
No transfers in Morocco

On arrival in DXB you don't need to have reserved a car, it is best to but for pickup you definitely need a minimum of 6 hours (last I checked) in F
I pre-reserved it. Will they be waiting w a sign or do I still have to go to the counter and wait ?
Old May 7, 2023, 6:41 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I pre-reserved it. Will they be waiting w a sign or do I still have to go to the counter and wait ?
At DXB you go to the chauffeur drive area right after you exit customs (on the right)
There are separate F/J desks. Give them your BP and they will print you a slip. You’ll then walk outside and will hand the slip to one of the EK employees who will point you to a car.
Old May 10, 2023, 12:40 am

Fabulous service by Blacklane for AKL drop off.
Old May 10, 2023, 1:35 am
nio

Programs: EK Gold, Bonvoy Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tfung
Just wanted to report back as I arrived into DXB yesterday in F. There said F passengers are offered Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series. Whereas business class passengers are usually given BMW 5 series, touring or Mercedes E class.. Of course sometimes when no cars are available, F and J passengers may be given whatever is available.
I've always gotten the 5 series in DXB to and from the airport in the last 2 years. Probably did 1 trip a month. Only saw the E series in other countries. Once I got lucky and got an S class in ZRH while traveling in J
Old Jun 3, 2023, 11:08 pm

This is a long shot and I guess I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway...

We have a paid F flight arriving in Lisbon. In principle we are entitled to 2*CD at LIS. However, we have an onward flight on TP 4 hours later (separate ticket because the connection time to the EK codeshare is 9 hours). It would be really nice if we could just take one of the CDs and have a 90 minute drive around Lisbon to see the sights (from the car, not getting out) and then return to the airport. No chance I guess?
Old Jun 4, 2023, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by PaulC852
This is a long shot and I guess I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway...

We have a paid F flight arriving in Lisbon. In principle we are entitled to 2*CD at LIS. However, we have an onward flight on TP 4 hours later (separate ticket because the connection time to the EK codeshare is 9 hours). It would be really nice if we could just take one of the CDs and have a 90 minute drive around Lisbon to see the sights (from the car, not getting out) and then return to the airport. No chance I guess?
That’s right. You need a departing flight to get a car to the airport.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
dubai layover no service?

Is there any way to get this service when overnighting in Dubai (flying FCO-DXB, then DXB-AKL the next day - all on one ticket, all in J)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.