Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: EK Gold
QF First Chauffeur Drive

Hi All,
Normally fly with EK but booked on QF codeshare as EK have raised prices significantly in the last two weeks and QF haven’t. When travelling EK first on a QF first ticket are you able to avail of chauffeur drive?
Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: CX Gold
I have a flight with the wife to ORD, I have booked for a chauffer pickup. We are actually allowed to book 2 cars, but we want to be travelling together, but I am afraid that our 2 large suitcases won't be able to fit the trunk of the car. Is there an option to choose a van?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: Etihad, qatar, jet airways, emirates, air india
Hi, This might have been answered before, but can’t find it,
Would I be able to have a chauffeur pick up from Abu Dhabi longer then 4.30 allowed on the booking site ?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Ashp
Would I be able to have a chauffeur pick up from Abu Dhabi longer then 4.30 allowed on the booking site ?
You should be able to arrange that. Probably best by the Chat function, or failing that, by phoning.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ashp
Yes, wont be a problem. But i would call to do it so that you are clear in requesting it.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:29 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by boybi
I have a flight with the wife to ORD, I have booked for a chauffer pickup. We are actually allowed to book 2 cars, but we want to be travelling together, but I am afraid that our 2 large suitcases won't be able to fit the trunk of the car. Is there an option to choose a van?
I am pretty sure it would be possible to choose a different option, but I don't know how to arrange this when picked up from an incoming flight at an outstation (let alone at ORD, where I have never been).
Does anyone here knows which service provider is used at ORD? Probably best arranged by contacting them rather than EK directly. I have in the past asked for a special request at AMS directly to the car company and that was painless.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Now that I am on this thread: has anyone heard any rumours about CD to be reintroduced in CPT? The state of taxi services, Ubers and public transport there is dire and I really don't like asking family members to collect and drop me off every time I fly.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Now that I am on this thread: has anyone heard any rumours about CD to be reintroduced in CPT? The state of taxi services, Ubers and public transport there is dire and I really don't like asking family members to collect and drop me off every time I fly.
I spoke to the JNB one of the station managers and she said nothing in SA for a while.

What’s wrong with Uber in CPT?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:43 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
I spoke to the JNB one of the station managers and she said nothing in SA for a while.

What’s wrong with Uber in CPT?
The cars I see being used as Ubers in CPT these days don’t inspire me with confidence that they’ll get me to the airport safely and in time. I may be too pessimistic. I have nothing against Uber and have used them extensively in the past but the Uber ‘quality control’ appears to have dropped.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Flying CMB-DXB-SFO in a fee weeks in F all the way - I have a 20 hour layover in DXB. Will i get CD service to//from Park Hyatt (where i’m staying for layover that night)?

Or since its not a 24hr+ connection, i am not offered this?
Old Apr 3, 2022, 2:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Rumples
Flying CMB-DXB-SFO in a fee weeks in F all the way - I have a 20 hour layover in DXB. Will i get CD service to//from Park Hyatt (where i’m staying for layover that night)?

Or since its not a 24hr+ connection, i am not offered this?
It might show up in the MMB that you can reserve the CD for the layover. If not, just go to the CD desk on arrival, and they should be able to sort out a car to the hotel. You'll probably have to get a taxi back though.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 3:23 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It might show up in the MMB that you can reserve the CD for the layover. If not, just go to the CD desk on arrival, and they should be able to sort out a car to the hotel. You'll probably have to get a taxi back though.
thank you! will finalize and see if I can get that done. Plans just changed and may be headed nrt-dxb-sfo instead of cmb-dxb-sfo
Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:49 am

JFK Chauffer collection

I flew to JFK today business from DXB on EK 203 - the Emirates chauffeur service is being provided by “Blacklane” and you’re required to download their app.

The booking gives you one hour from the time the plane lands to get into the limo. Here’s the problem: immigration took ninety minutes to get through.

When I finally reached arrivals, the Emirates rep said my car had been cancelled and I’d have to wait at least an hour for another one.

This feels like a less than premium experience (understatement after a fourteen hour flight) and surely they know by now it’s rare to get through T4 immigration in less than 55 minutes. Etihad next time for me - at least you can get pre-clearance at AUH.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MrNowig
I flew to JFK today business from DXB on EK 203 - the Emirates chauffeur service is being provided by “Blacklane” and you’re required to download their app.

The booking gives you one hour from the time the plane lands to get into the limo. Here’s the problem: immigration took ninety minutes to get through.

When I finally reached arrivals, the Emirates rep said my car had been cancelled and I’d have to wait at least an hour for another one.

This feels like a less than premium experience (understatement after a fourteen hour flight) and surely they know by now it’s rare to get through T4 immigration in less than 55 minutes. Etihad next time for me - at least you can get pre-clearance at AUH.
that is shocking
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:01 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by MrNowig

Surely they know from the manifest that you are on the flight. They should just wait, you can’t have been the only one with that issue with immigration.
Complete rubbish service!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.