Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:24 am

I noticed in the Chauffeur Drive webpage that pick-up times for departures from DXB are set at certain intervals. When booking, is it possible to request an earlier pick-up time than the stated windows, to allow more time to explore and enjoy the lounge?

Edit: I noticed an option to select up to 5 hrs before departure. I'm hoping to book for 6.5 hours before departure to get us to the airport comfortably 5 hrs before departure for a few hours in the lounge. Would this be possible?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
I noticed in the Chauffeur Drive webpage that pick-up times for departures from DXB are set at certain intervals. When booking, is it possible to request an earlier pick-up time than the stated windows, to allow more time to explore and enjoy the lounge?

Edit: I noticed an option to select up to 5 hrs before departure. I'm hoping to book for 6.5 hours before departure to get us to the airport comfortably 5 hrs before departure for a few hours in the lounge. Would this be possible?
Where are you getting picked up? Most of Dubai is comfortably within 30-40mins of the airport, unless the traffic is bad.

I haven’t personally asked for an adjustment beyond five hours but I know someone who called, asked and it was granted. Dubai is generally much more flexible than outstations.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Where are you getting picked up? Most of Dubai is comfortably within 30-40mins of the airport, unless the traffic is bad.

I haven’t personally asked for an adjustment beyond five hours but I know someone who called, asked and it was granted. Dubai is generally much more flexible than outstations.
Pickup will be from Abu Dhabi. This will be my first time departing DXB in EK F so I would like to experience as much of the lounge as possible (champagne bar, visiting Le Clos, Timeless spa treatment, etc )

Good to know historically it has been granted. I'll call and ask about the booking then.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
Pickup will be from Abu Dhabi. This will be my first time departing DXB in EK F so I would like to experience as much of the lounge as possible (champagne bar, visiting Le Clos, Timeless spa treatment, etc )

Good to know historically it has been granted. I'll call and ask about the booking then.
Le Clos isnt a unique experience to flying F, anyone can go in these shops. The spa is a 15 min session. You could take a shower, grab some food and drink then after that you just sit there waiting for your flight. You don't need much more than a couple of hours in the lounge. If you are intending to go to the airport early to experience the lounge, you are effectively going there to wait longer.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: MAR Titanium, HH Gold
I have a return leg MLE-DXB-ICN in Biz Saver and am supposed to have a 8-hour layover at DXB.

Interestingly my booking page allows me to book CD for a pick-up at DXB and drop-off to DXB during my transit... at least for complimentary for now.

Is it normal? Will I have to pay extra at the airport or to the driver later?
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:25 am

Programs: CX Gold
Can I choose the type of vehicle for my CD? Our luggage will not fit in a sedan.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 3:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by boybi
Can I choose the type of vehicle for my CD? Our luggage will not fit in a sedan.
Very often you can ask for an MPV if you have a lot of luggage. But it depends on the service provider at the location you travel from / to if that option is offered.
boybi likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm flying GLA-DXB-SYD in April in J. It's my first time using the CD service and I'll be arranging pick-ups and drop-offs to/from GLA. However at SYD my destination is 150km from the airport, and the radius limit is 70. Now I know I can stump up the mileage charges for the extra distance (which make it a lot more than a private paying transfer) but I wont be using the CD service to return to Sydney Airport on the way home. Is there any flexibility in the service ie not applying the surcharge given I'm only using it one-way whilst in Australia? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 2:28 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by LothianLad
I'm flying GLA-DXB-SYD in April in J. It's my first time using the CD service and I'll be arranging pick-ups and drop-offs to/from GLA. However at SYD my destination is 150km from the airport, and the radius limit is 70. Now I know I can stump up the mileage charges for the extra distance (which make it a lot more than a private paying transfer) but I wont be using the CD service to return to Sydney Airport on the way home. Is there any flexibility in the service ie not applying the surcharge given I'm only using it one-way whilst in Australia? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask. Thanks.
I would be VERY surprised if that would work, but I guess there is no harm in trying! Let us know what the response is.
It would open another possibility: when you travel with 2 people on the same booking, you get 2 cars. Of course no-one takes the second car (maybe if the second passenger has a different destination on arrival). So would taking only one car double the distance allowed? Again, I would be VERY surprised.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
So would taking only one car double the distance allowed? Again, I would be VERY surprised.
No. I had this exact situation many times. Travelling with a colleague, both going to same destination and i asked if we took 1 car could we double the mileage allowance. Was a very clear no. This was at LHR and DUB.
noeatbutgo likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 7:31 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
No. I had this exact situation many times. Travelling with a colleague, both going to same destination and i asked if we took 1 car could we double the mileage allowance. Was a very clear no. This was at LHR and DUB.
Thank you for confirming that. As I remarked, I would have been VERY surprised if that would have worked.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Chauffeur drive still available with J saver ticket please?
Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 8:37 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Chauffeur drive still available with J saver ticket please?
Thanks!
Yes, as long as it is a paid ticket and not an upgrade or award. Only 'Special' does not qualify for CD (or lounge access or seat selection).
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Smile

Originally Posted by thijsseh
Yes, as long as it is a paid ticket and not an upgrade or award. Only 'Special' does not qualify for CD (or lounge access or seat selection).
Thanks! I knew about "special" fares not qualifying but just wanted to make sure that nothing has changed with saver fares!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 2:00 pm

Another question.
If I pay cash plus some skyward miles for my ticket to reduce the total amount will I still be eligible for chauffeur drive please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.