Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jthiel
Hi everyone Does anyone have experience with CD + Infant in Germany? My wife and I are travelling with our 4 month old in F. We currently have booked just one car and asked for a bigger car with a "baby seat" via the hotline. Hope he got it right, as he wanted to book the CD with a child seat initially. Due to the covid safety measues seating in front is not an option if I read correctly, so it has to be a VAN to allow 2 adults + baby seat to travel safely.

Can and will Blacklane provide the required baby seat and car?

In addition to that: We are entitled for Dubai Connect on our return flight. Are there baby seats available for the transfer DXB <=> Hotel?

Knowing what to expect makes travelling with a baby much more relaxed ;-).

Thanks for any information upfront!
if you want a baby seat in dxb bring your own, zero chance they will have one on arrival. They have had them for us when collecting from our house in dxb and manchester on request but never on arrival in dxb. At 4 months i’d be bringing my own.
DiamondMile and jthiel like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:12 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by JTPictureman
I also received a $50 Blacklane voucher.
I got the $50 voucher too on my recent flight to the US (in exchange for submitting feedback after my ride). I think Blacklane may be giving out vouchers as a marketing strategy to convert CD guests (not just upset ones) into Blacklane customers.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by m3red
if you want a baby seat in dxb bring your own, zero chance they will have one on arrival. They have had them for us when collecting from our house in dxb and manchester on request but never on arrival in dxb. At 4 months i’d be bringing my own.
Thanks alot. That's good to know and regarding DXB what I expected. I guess it's the Airport Hotel or none in this case. Our baby "seat" (MaxiCosi Jade) is IsoFix mounted and >11kg ;-) So nothing to really bring along. Let's see if Emirates comes to the same conclusion when issuing the DC voucher.

For our pickup in HAM I am quite optimistic. If they still call the day before, that should be enough time to organize the seat if they don't have it already :-)
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:06 pm

Does anyone know when chauffer service will be provided in ZRH again? A bit surprised that it hasn’t returned yet.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:47 am

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
CD Service for Zurich has resumed a while ago - provided by Blacklane.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Any updated reports on chauffeur pick ups in BLR for departures in Business? This page says it is not available in BLR. Is that accurate?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by jthiel
Thanks alot. That's good to know and regarding DXB what I expected. I guess it's the Airport Hotel or none in this case. Our baby "seat" (MaxiCosi Jade) is IsoFix mounted and >11kg ;-) So nothing to really bring along. Let's see if Emirates comes to the same conclusion when issuing the DC voucher.

For our pickup in HAM I am quite optimistic. If they still call the day before, that should be enough time to organize the seat if they don't have it already :-)
Just came back from the trip and I do have positive news on this one.

For reference:

- Blacklane pickup worked very fine with a baby seat. Just be sure to know how to install a baby seat with a seatbelt. They will bring a baby seat if you request it upfront. But the seat will not be installed and the driver will most probably have no clue how to install it.

- DXB: Baby / Infant seats (and child seats) are available! Just not in the car ;-). Go to the Chauffeur Drive "counter" / office (you cannot miss it after leaving the security area). It's on the right. They have seats there on stock and will bring it to the car. The drivers in DXB actually seem to be trained on how to install a baby / child seat. Yet the skill varies as we experienced ;-). So be sure to double check.

Pickup was also equipped with a baby seat then.

Oh and there was a recent policy update in DXB: It is now ok again to travel in the front next to the driver. So 3 pax are OK again in one car.

So after all, a very pleasant surprise!
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott platinum | Hyatt Exlporist | Hilton Gold | Radisson Gold | Wyndham Gold | Club Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by legionnaire
Any updated reports on chauffeur pick ups in BLR for departures in Business? This page says it is not available in BLR. Is that accurate?
Well, I had conversations with EK staff fir one of my upcoming Business class trips on BLR-DXB-BLR

Got a reply that due to the rapid Covid test procedure at airports for departure passengers to UAE we don’t provide chauffeur drive for departures from any of the Indian airports on flights to UAE. No chauffeur drive service for Passengers departing from INDIA to UAE on Business & First class.
But on your return leg from Dubai to Bangalore you would be given chauffeur drive service on arrival.
legionnaire likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Hi, does anyone have any recentish feedback regarding putting Y passengers in a Chauffeur drive car with you?
I have an upcoming flight with one in J and 2 in Y - Ex MAN and wondered whether this is doable or a complete no-no.
So would be interested at both the MAN and DXB ends?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:34 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by GEB74
Hi, does anyone have any recentish feedback regarding putting Y passengers in a Chauffeur drive car with you?
I have an upcoming flight with one in J and 2 in Y - Ex MAN and wondered whether this is doable or a complete no-no.
I have never had any problems with one extra. Certainly at the outstations I have used CD in (CPT, AMS, LHR AND LGW) there has never been any questions about the extra passenger. In DXB (only used it once there), I just presented one BP at the CD desk and both of us got into the car (we were both in J, but no questions were asked). So for one additional it’s no problem. How it would be for two ‘extras’, I would not want to guess. Depends a bit on the car and the amount of luggage, I guess.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by GEB74
Never had a problem with 1 extra person in DXB, and dont think it would be any problem for 2 either, as they just give you a slip of paper at the CD desk to hand to the driver with the destination details on it. The BMW estate cars they use for C can seat 3 passengers (2 in back and 1 in front)
Old Oct 26, 2021, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Never had a problem with 1 extra person in DXB, and dont think it would be any problem for 2 either, as they just give you a slip of paper at the CD desk to hand to the driver with the destination details on it. The BMW estate cars they use for C can seat 3 passengers (2 in back and 1 in front)
When I was in Dubai two weeks ago; warning when booking car that it was max occupancy for two people.

No issues putting a non-registered person in the car with me.

In Oslo blacklane S-class both pick and drop off (actually same driver). C class booking.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Arriving in Dubai a few weeks ago, no questions asked with my companion who traveled in Y. A week later, from hotel to DXB Airport, again no questions asked with a companion traveling in Y.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:32 pm

One extra OK for me in GLA, CPT, AKL. Two is taking the p*** IMO.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:23 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Four weeks ago, there was a makeshift plastic screen between us and the driver (LHR). No passengers in the front seat allowed (Addison Lee is still the provider).
I think the general opinion here is that one extra person is fine, more is pushing it. I once read somewhere that the additional passenger must be on an EK flight for insurance reasons. Not sure how true that is and where it would apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.