Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Why?

Do you tip bus drivers, or train drivers?
No but they do not provide a personal service to me.

In my experience the CD's provide me with a very good, helpful service which surpasses my expectation for which I am happy to reward them with a Ł10 tip. They do not make very much money and the tip makes a difference to them and they are genuinely happy/appreciative to get this. The Ł10 will not make any difference to me as I would imagine it is for anyone flying business/first class. To each their own, it is what I do and feel good about doing and I will continue to do so.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: AA, KF
I ended up tipping $20.
marcro likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Stingyguy
I ended up tipping $20.
Where?

Anywhere other than the US would be ridiculous.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:43 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Stingyguy
I ended up tipping $20.
You don't do your username proud....
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: Some
I actually have an S-Class to STN this evening in F for the first time ever - hurray!

The question now is whether to tip when I arrive…
marcro likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, EK, EY, SQ
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I actually have an S-Class to STN this evening in F for the first time ever - hurray!

please don’t do it
Old Aug 7, 2022, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by LouisW
please don’t do it
My intention was not to tip, but then he was the best CD I’ve ever had and even insisted on carrying my bags all the way to the check in desk which is surely somewhat above and beyond CD specification! So I did tip, but only because I felt he very much deserved it.
marcro likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
My intention was not to tip, but then he was the best CD I’ve ever had and even insisted on carrying my bags all the way to the check in desk which is surely somewhat above and beyond CD specification! So I did tip, but only because I felt he very much deserved it.
and i think in this instance it is perfectly justified. When someone goes over and above to provide great service i always tip as a small gesture of recognition for their efforts.
I hate the USA tipping system whereby you have to tip even when they practically throw the food onto your table, or the barman take 30 seconds to open a bottle of beer for you. Some of the worst service ive ever experienced has been in the usa and still had to pay for the pleasure.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, eminere and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
and i think in this instance it is perfectly justified. When someone goes over and above to provide great service i always tip as a small gesture of recognition for their efforts.
I hate the USA tipping system whereby you have to tip even when they practically throw the food onto your table, or the barman take 30 seconds to open a bottle of beer for you. Some of the worst service ive ever experienced has been in the usa and still had to pay for the pleasure.
Yep, I could not agree more.

​​​Tipping should only be a reward for a job well done. The fact that people need 'compulsory' tipping to survive is another statement about how the USA functions. Or doesn't.

In Australia, the Hughes drivers don't earn much for the job they do. I live in the southern Mornington Peninsula, south of Melbourne. I'm charged AUD88, (about USD 60) and I understand the driver keeps half. For a 135km, 1.75 hour journey. That trip would cost around AUD300 by taxi.

I have always had excellent drivers. Helpful, engaging and pleasant. For that, I always tip 25%. Drivers are always surprised but very pleased by that. A reward for doing their job well! That encourages better service, rather than minimal service with the automatic expectation of a tip.
rt23456p and marcro like this.

Last edited by BadoRas; Aug 9, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: NZ*G EK-Plat QF-Plat
Originally Posted by JudeS
"Qantas codeshare flights operated by Emirates (with a QF flight number) between Asia and Australia/New Zealand are not eligible for our Chauffeur‑drive service. If a customer would like to request Chauffeur‑drive for flights between Asia and Australia/New Zealand, they must be booked on an Emirates operated flight (with an EK flight number)."
Does "an Emirates operated flight (with an EK flight number)" apply to an EK ticket with EK flight number but on QF metal? [AKL-SYD-DXB on EK 5044/EK413]
Old Aug 16, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by kanangela
Does "an Emirates operated flight (with an EK flight number)" apply to an EK ticket with EK flight number but on QF metal? [AKL-SYD-DXB on EK 5044/EK413]
No, "Emirates operated flight" means EK metal only.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I have a First Flex Plus award ticket between ATH-EWR. Is the chauffeur service included with this ticket type?
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:14 am

No, chauffeur drive is not included with any award ticket.
deovrat likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stargold
No, chauffeur drive is not included with any award ticket.
Got it. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:09 am

Two in a row - also a very nice new S-Class for my pick up from STN, seems like Tristar might actually have got their act together finally

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.