Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:21 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tom tulpe
J in MEL is just a taxi voucher. Only F pax get actual chauffeur service. Take the voucher, go to taxi rank, and as long as the fare is at or below voucher value, you're good.
That's a bit Sh**t, what about pickup and what is the voucher worth?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Zol
That's a bit Sh**t, what about pickup and what is the voucher worth?
I've never used pick-up in MEL. The voucher on arrival was worth AU$ 150 or something, enough for the 80km radius they advertised. MEL to Warrandyte was about $100 (metered cab, picked up from arrivals - they're allowed to pick up there as soon as they have set down and turned the light back on, they're just not allowed to wait for customers which is what the taxi rank is there for).
Old Mar 5, 2023, 12:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Melbourne - taxi instead of limo?

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
J in MEL is just a taxi voucher. Only F pax get actual chauffeur service. Take the voucher, go to taxi rank, and as long as the fare is at or below voucher value, you're good.
When was this voucher thing? How was the voucher given to you by EK?

Does anyone know if this is just an occasional thing? Hughes limos booked out? I see one or two incidents, but nothing official.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
When was this voucher thing? How was the voucher given to you by EK?

Does anyone know if this is just an occasional thing? Hughes limos booked out? I see one or two incidents, but nothing official.
September 2022. Outside arrivals, there's a line of chauffeurs holding clipboards with names, presumably first class and top tier passengers. And there's a guy with another clipboard and a stack of cabcharge vouchers. He ticked my name on a list and gave me the voucher, good for anywhere up to stated value, metered. And then you're good to go. I guess you might even be able to take the public bus and use the voucher some other time, but I didn't try that.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Unlimited distance in UAE?

Was curious if flying EK in F and arriving in DXB, the chauffeur distance is unlimited in the UAE? That's what it says on the chauffeur driven website, but the map on the same page only shows the area around Dubai.

Anyways, I am planning a trip on EK to DXB, but want to go to a resort in the Empty Quarter. Still within UAE, but it's a good 300km and 3+ hours from DXB. Was wondering if that transfer would still be complimentary? Any experience?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 9:20 pm

Yup, they really do mean anywhere in the UAE, including Qasr al Sarab.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by stargold
Yup, they really do mean anywhere in the UAE, including Qasr al Sarab.
That's great to know! Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:22 pm

I have my family of 5 booked under 4 different booking refs.

This qualifies us for 4 separate cars and they are already booked on the same day from the same house.

Even if we don't use 4 cars, apparently with the chauffeur, we can't all fit in one car, so will need at least 2 cars.

If we had 4 cars, at 75 miles free each, that's 300 miles total.

The actual journey to the airport is 110 miles, so 35 miles is chargeable as I understand.

Here's the thing - as our 4 cars are entitled to 300 miles (4 x 75 miles), couldn't they give us 2 cars without charging any more for the extra 35 miles per car?

Or shall I book 2 cars for the first 75 miles, then another 2 cars for the next 35 miles?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:27 pm

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Originally Posted by manutd123
I have my family of 5 booked under 4 different booking refs.

This qualifies us for 4 separate cars and they are already booked on the same day from the same house.

Even if we don't use 4 cars, apparently with the chauffeur, we can't all fit in one car, so will need at least 2 cars.

If we had 4 cars, at 75 miles free each, that's 300 miles total.

The actual journey to the airport is 110 miles, so 35 miles is chargeable as I understand.

Here's the thing - as our 4 cars are entitled to 300 miles (4 x 75 miles), couldn't they give us 2 cars without charging any more for the extra 35 miles per car?

Or shall I book 2 cars for the first 75 miles, then another 2 cars for the next 35 miles?
Unfortunately, it’s only per car. You cannot add the distance to the 1st car because you are entitled to a second car and only want to use one for the whole trip.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:50 pm

I'd love to know how you're proposing to do this, given that the cars are all arranged to go to the airport.

The short answer is that it doesn't matter how many cars you're entitled to use vs. how many you request, the distance allowed remains the same. EK is not known for this type of flexibility.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 5:58 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by stargold
I'd love to know how you're proposing to do this, given that the cars are all arranged to go to the airport.

The short answer is that it doesn't matter how many cars you're entitled to use vs. how many you request, the distance allowed remains the same. EK is not known for this type of flexibility.
Exactly.
Same as having 2 pax on one booking: you are offered 2 cars but you can’t have one car at double the distance allowance. That flexibility does not exist, unfortunately.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond , Marriott Gold , IHG Plat
I have a booking for May in F. At the moment there is no where that I can see where to request the limo - does this appear closer to departure?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by LakerAirwaysDC10
I have a booking for May in F. At the moment there is no where that I can see where to request the limo - does this appear closer to departure?
It should be there as soon as you book.

I assume this is not an award booking? If so, then no limo.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:27 pm

No it's a cash booking. Fly BKK - HKG - DXB - MCT and back again. I know they say that itineraries exclusively btwn BKK and HKG do not get the limo but I carry on to DXB and MCT. I understand also MCT does not get one but I would expect BKK and HKG (where I have a one night stopover should get it
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:37 pm

No it's a cash booking. Fly BKK - HKG - DXB - MCT and back again. I know they say that itineraries exclusively btwn BKK and HKG do not get the limo but I carry on to DXB and MCT. I understand also MCT does not get one but I would expect BKK and HKG (where I have a one night stopover should get it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.