Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Newbie to EK here, so I apologize for the (probably) dumb question. I am flying from FLL to South Africa via Dubai (and back) in paid J next month, and I have logged into my reservation and booked complimentary chauffeur drive everywhere I need it. Even though my zip code in South Florida is not listed in the allowable pick-up/drop-off zones, the website nevertheless allowed me to reserve the transfer from my house to FLL (I was expecting an error message). Is there any chance that I will still get picked up by the local company, or will they catch the mistake?

Assuming they do realize I am outside the allowable zones, any experience on how you've handled a similar situation? I'd still like to use the service for at least part of the trip to and from the airport, so I'd love to hear from some FlyerTalkers who have parked at a friend's house, parking garage, etc to put them within the range of the service.

Appreciate it!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Newbie to EK here, so I apologize for the (probably) dumb question. I am flying from FLL to South Africa via Dubai (and back) in paid J next month, and I have logged into my reservation and booked complimentary chauffeur drive everywhere I need it. Even though my zip code in South Florida is not listed in the allowable pick-up/drop-off zones, the website nevertheless allowed me to reserve the transfer from my house to FLL (I was expecting an error message). Is there any chance that I will still get picked up by the local company, or will they catch the mistake?

Assuming they do realize I am outside the allowable zones, any experience on how you've handled a similar situation? I'd still like to use the service for at least part of the trip to and from the airport, so I'd love to hear from some FlyerTalkers who have parked at a friend's house, parking garage, etc to put them within the range of the service.

Appreciate it!
Here's a list of covered areas, excess mileage payment is not permitted: https://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdfs/chauffeur_drive/8318-s_cds_fll.pdf

It's a 60 mile radius from the airport, if you're relatively close to one of the allowed areas pick a hotel or something in it and catch a cab there
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Here's a list of covered areas, excess mileage payment is not permitted: https://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdf...-s_cds_fll.pdf

It's a 60 mile radius from the airport, if you're relatively close to one of the allowed areas pick a hotel or something in it and catch a cab there
So since we're outside the radius, will Emirates or the designated company call us a day or two before to say, "Sorry we can't come get you" once they figure it out? It sounds like some have had luck negotiating directly with the car company for the excess mileage (even if Emirates doesn't permit it), but I'd really like to have a plan in place sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
So since we're outside the radius, will Emirates or the designated company call us a day or two before to say, "Sorry we can't come get you" once they figure it out? It sounds like some have had luck negotiating directly with the car company for the excess mileage (even if Emirates doesn't permit it), but I'd really like to have a plan in place sooner rather than later.
Yes that is likely what will happen, they will call to confirm/cancel and then you could try negotiate with them directly, but the EK website says quite explicitly that they don't permit excess, whereas in some cities they publish excess mileage costs.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Well , i am just about 10,000 tier miles short of a plat renewal and really do not wanna splash the cash for a J trip also time is tight this year in 2018. I also every year just hit the 150,000 tier mile threshold when requalifying so every flight does count. The plan is for this trip , CPT-DXB-BEY in Flex Plus , got DXB-BEY upgraded both ways in J with miles and hoping award space on the CPT-DXB-CPT flights open up sometime down the line as i wanna burn some miles. I was hoping last year that my trip to London and another trip to HKG this year would cover me to my tier collection date , but they have fell through so i am now hanging short , but bright side is I'm trying QR to LHR this year.
interesting. And what are the benefits of Plat over Gold for you?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Flying in Y to renew Plat. That's a first I'm sure (no pun intended).
Hehe temptation prevailed and could not be seen in Y as a Plat , so switched to ADD instead of BEY in J from CPT and already upgraded with miles on the DXB-ADD-DXB sector in F with Dubai Connect on both sectors so pretty happy all in all for another 12 thousand bucks on top of the fare i paid to BEY.

Originally Posted by ghostwrita

interesting. And what are the benefits of Plat over Gold for you?
Gold partner nomination card , first class lounge access and mainly saying i am Plat. If i was far away from achieving plat then tough luck , but i would be really annoyed with myself if i missed out on renewing plat by a couple of thousand tier miles. I know not much difference , but worth it in the long run if i am a few tier miles short.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:08 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
How are the excess mileage distances calculated - is it based on the shortest route or how the driver decides to get there? My planned hotel in Florence is 105 klms (using Google Maps) from Bologna - so happy to pay the excess mileage charge but not if a significantly longer route is taken.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by chad75
How are the excess mileage distances calculated - is it based on the shortest route or how the driver decides to get there? My planned hotel in Florence is 105 klms (using Google Maps) from Bologna - so happy to pay the excess mileage charge but not if a significantly longer route is taken.
Depends on the car company - it would basically be a private arrangement between you and them.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:27 am

Does anyone know if it’s possible for the chauffeur to do two stops ? Travelling with my father back from DXB next week and seems silly t have a car each.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Blakeyboo
Does anyone know if it’s possible for the chauffeur to do two stops ? Travelling with my father back from DXB next week and seems silly t have a car each.
Is the first on the way to the second or are they within 5 mins of each other? At DXB I'd say just ask at the desk, but as you need to pre-book for outstations it's not as simple, worst case you catch one car and one of you gets an Uber home from the other's house? If they're close I don't see an issue
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
since the 1st of feb, BHX cd is now managed by Tristar. Alot of the drivers have transferred over to tristar. My gf had a brand new E class saloon turn up at our house this morning.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:00 pm

Contracted CD service partner in Hong Kong is ...?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:24 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Contracted CD service partner in Hong Kong is ...?
Not sure who, but from the first post, there is a phone number :-

China:
Destination: HKG (Hong Kong International)
Cabin: F (First Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz S-Class / Mercedes Viano / Toyota Alphard
-Reservations/Call Center: +852 3071 3019
-Airport Office: +852 2769 8533
-Mileage: No mileage restriction
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not sure who, but from the first post, there is a phone number :-

China:
Destination: HKG (Hong Kong International)
Cabin: F (First Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz S-Class / Mercedes Viano / Toyota Alphard
-Reservations/Call Center: +852 3071 3019
-Airport Office: +852 2769 8533
-Mileage: No mileage restriction
Tried that at the start, it is just the phone number to the EK office in HKG.

Wonder if the contractor is still rocking those super old S classes that always seem to show up in HKG?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:00 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
I thought I should share a conversation I had with my CD driver on the way to CPT the other day.
We were discussing his workload and he mentioned that they sometimes get 'walkups', meaning passengers who qualify for CD (J or F ticket) but have not booked a car. There sometimes are 'spare' cars available, especially (according to him) when 2 (or even 3) passengers going to the same hotel have booked separate cars but agree / decide to share a car. The CD supervisor will in that case confirm eligibility and allocate a car (only if available of course). This was news to me. I wonder how eligibility is checked, just the BP would not necessarily be sufficient (e.g. Y-> J op-ups, email upgrade offers etc).

Has anyone got any experience with this? It is obviously completely out of the 48-hour rule..
The CD provider in CPT is Bidvest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.