FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:07 pm
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Newbie to EK here, so I apologize for the (probably) dumb question. I am flying from FLL to South Africa via Dubai (and back) in paid J next month, and I have logged into my reservation and booked complimentary chauffeur drive everywhere I need it. Even though my zip code in South Florida is not listed in the allowable pick-up/drop-off zones, the website nevertheless allowed me to reserve the transfer from my house to FLL (I was expecting an error message). Is there any chance that I will still get picked up by the local company, or will they catch the mistake?

Assuming they do realize I am outside the allowable zones, any experience on how you've handled a similar situation? I'd still like to use the service for at least part of the trip to and from the airport, so I'd love to hear from some FlyerTalkers who have parked at a friend's house, parking garage, etc to put them within the range of the service.

Appreciate it!
Here's a list of covered areas, excess mileage payment is not permitted: https://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdfs/chauffeur_drive/8318-s_cds_fll.pdf

It's a 60 mile radius from the airport, if you're relatively close to one of the allowed areas pick a hotel or something in it and catch a cab there